Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Don't worry guys, Ron knows the guy who drives the crane.

be nice wicka posted:

that's loving hilarious. ferrari are great. revolving door of mediocre italian businessmen. last time ferrari were good they were run by a frenchman and a brit. hmmmmmmmmmm

This is so 100% true.

I've been saying this since Todt left - they're hosed until they can get rid of all the under-qualified Italians that Montezemolo hired simply because they're Italian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

So Webber just pulled a Nelson Piquet Jr. in Brazil.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Riso posted:

Senna's a god drat overrated fraud.

Un-ironically this.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

track day bro! posted:

He was dogshit op. Now prost, that guy was extremely ftw.

The were both pretty lovely:

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Fine make your own chart. :colbert:

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

be nice wicka posted:

HEY AQUALUNG

MAKE A POST

we need to see the aftermath of when that same two-time world champion spun off going too fast in bad conditions and was rescued by a crane instead of being murdered by one

Fine.

How's it going wicka?

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Tsaedje posted:

I am fully erect at this news. I wonder if Alonso made sure to stipulate full control of his own body hair this time around?

They swapped the beard for the pubes in the contract, I'm sure. Hefe will be able to confirm.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Brainwrong posted:

Is that Kamui Sato from Good Lotus on the left? I'm glad he got a drive.

Weird that he's the only one with a well fitting suit. You'd think at least Ron Dennis would have one.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

be nice wicka posted:

the outcome wasn't going to be any different if he got to the hospital in five minutes

What if they make a new hospital so close to the circuit that drivers can just crash into the hospital?

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Oh so all those people literally are garbage dicks literally then?

Literally.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Stop it I'm on a diet.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Wirth1000 posted:

What if Hitler was disqualified from becoming head of the Nazi party? Huh, what then, tough guy?

well_that_escalated_quickly.jpg

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

NtotheTC posted:

Enjoy!

I hate Red Bull for their constant whinging. Not to deny that they aren't as fast as Merc but at least other teams target a fight a few months into the dev cycle. If Red Bull don't have an obviously dominant car they just go "Oh well game over guess we don't win life is really unfair for us lets change the rules"

Worst Team.

That literally describes every team.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

[X] Go-pros
[X] High-tech car
[X] 360p video

Ugh. This is 2015.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

AgentJotun posted:

How many actually useful, racing speed laps have Mclaren done in testing? Like I know there was a couple of times they had 50 odd laps, but atleast half of them were in/out laps or way off the pace. Meanwhile Merc have been doing race-sims since the first test. The mileage disadvantage they are up against now (especially when its the only Honda team) is going to gently caress them so bad. Isn't it 4 engines this year?? By like Monaco they will be getting grid penalties!

One can hope.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Sulman posted:

Something caught my eye in this piece in Autosport:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117869

How embarrassing would that be?

So that makes what - 4 teams that are having issues with being able to come out to Melbourne? Eagerly looking forward to a 14 car grid.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

pik_d posted:

Then 12 as both McLarens zap their drivers immediately after the lights go out

Might as well just say it's Rosberg vs. Hamilton's emotional state in that particular moment.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

That's what he gets for going back to McLaren.

:laffo:

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Imagine if Alonso misses out on 9th place in the championship by only 1 point which he could have got by racing in Australia.

Hefe will be so upset.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

I know a man is dead and all but he kind of had it coming anyways. What I'm concerned about are the chase implications of any missed races.

I'll show myself out.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Pablo Bluth posted:

And Austria 2003. making GBS threads in it's own slippers is a fundamental part of F1.

Don't forget literally everything that happened in Jerez 1997.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Mario Andretti has literally one fourth the championships of master German Champion Vettel and one seventh of grand master German Champion Schumacher.

To be fair this is Mario Andretti you're talking about. He was probably about 1/4th as good as Vettel and 1/7th as good as Schumacher.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

El Hefe posted:

Ahh yes Lewis, his epic battles for the WDC against greats such as Felipe Massa and Nico Rosberg will be remembered for years to come.

Best there ever was. Mick Schumacher never would have won any WDCs if Lewis didn't die.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Brainwrong posted:

McLaren will win more races than Kimi this year.

Not saying much.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

I think it's important to remember that VdG already paid Sauber last year, with the intention that he was going to drive this year. Further, his main sponsor is likely his wife's billionaire father.

So Sauber is not just loving him over, they're literally loving over his family. Only thing they haven't done at this point is literally hosed his wife (I think?). That's probably the motivation to try to screw them over so hard.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

be nice wicka posted:

like i don't disagree that sauber hosed over van der garde, that fact isn't up for he debate, and he clearly deserves any money he paid back plus damages. but trying to force his way into a race seat, assuming it's not a negotiating tactic, is beyond stupid.

Yeah but it might just also be his father in law wanting to gently caress them over as hard as he can for having the audacity to steal from him.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

So I'm going to make a bold prediction that only 17 cars start the race on Sunday.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

I mean with all that, I'm just thinking that 17 is probably a good number.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Diet Crack posted:

This thread amassed 240 odd posts in 2 days, did Alonso die again?

He will after 17 cars start, there's a million crashes and Magnussen wins the only race of this McLaren Honda partnership.

Also race is stopped on lap 37 since literally every car has crashed or had an engine failure.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

You guys know you can just google "f1 google calendar" and solve all your problems, right?

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/contact/f1-fanatic-calendar/

There - you can add that to your calendar and have everything up to date on your smartphone.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

@adamcooperF1 · 47s seconds ago
'@GvanderGarde lawyer hammering home point that @SauberF1Team refuses to tell CRB that contract with VDG is valid

Standing by my 17 car grid prediction.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

^^^^ That is literally the best thing about this.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Suits better make an episode out of this. Mckernan motors is gonna be so screwed.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Adam Cooper @adamcooperF1 · 4s seconds ago
'@SauberF1Team team manager Beat Zehnder has had to give the court a list of assets, ie cars and equipment in the paddock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

f1talks.pl ‏@f1talks 1m1 minute ago
According to @grandprixradio Monischa Kaltenborn has just left the paddock. #F1

Also ClubmanGT you should start posting here again so I don't have to copy your links into this thread.

• Locked thread