Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006
The Stand mini series if it hasn't already been mentioned...I remember hiring the whole lot and watching it in multiple vhs cassettes at a friend's place on a weekend when it read first released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006
Ok so I finally watched snowpiercer. What's the big deal about it? Same with stretch...they're ok but don't deserve a million page derail!

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006
Extract, directed by Mike Judge, has been up for a while . It's uneven but funny. If you're familiar with his other work you'll probably enjoy this as well, plus the cast is great (two Simmons in one movie!).

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006
Under the Skin is on Amazon Prime now (not sure how long it's been up) but it's similar in tone to Beyond The Black Rainbow. It's definitely as polarizing as well but I liked it well enough.

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006

Reign Of Pain posted:

If you got an hour and like short animation flicks you should watch It's Such a Beautiful Day

I saw this was available but wasn't sure if it would be any good! Will check it out.

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006

10 Beers posted:

Tim Burton's Batman, Roadhouse, and the Warriors are all up!

I wonder what Tim Burton's Roadhouse would be like

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006

flosofl posted:

To fund his hobby of life-size claymation he creates in the basement. Until a thunderstorm rolls in and they come to life, only to escape and wreak horrifyingly funny violence on the patrons of the bar.

Do we learn something about ourselves at the end?

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006
Ok so I'm watching Queen of Earth and its almost done and I like it. Reminds me of Repulsion. It's not going to end good.

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006

dumb. posted:

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but The Detectorists is loving great

http://www.netflix.com/title/80065658

Super chill but somehow draws you in to the characters & plot. I haven't seen a series on Netflix yet with this kind of slow pace and simple story that simultaneously relaxes and completely entertains me so much.

Watch this show.

I watched up to when the couple break up because of the photos then stopped because I'm sick of that particular plot device. It was pretty good otherwise but can't be arsed going through at least an episode of them dealing with it and maybe getting back together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006

dumb. posted:

That sideplot wraps up as faster than me in the sack. If you liked the show otherwise I'd say stick with it, that whole thing doesn't last long at all.

If thats the case I might give it another go. It just looked like it was about to spin off into that tired plot.