Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

onemanlan
Oct 4, 2006
I'd have to say my current recommendations for US Netflix accounts are:

Peaky Blinders is a wonderful BBC show about a Roma/Gypsy small time family criminal group in post WW1 Birmingham, England. The group is initially known for small time horse betting/grifting, but some unexpected guns come into the mix which leads to one family member attempting to grown the business with thwarting the investigation into the guns. Its a show that builds well and has wonderful acting. The first season left at an awesome cliff hanger. The second season's cliffhanger is doubly amazing. Cant wait for S3.

Peep show is my other current favorite old time show on 'flix. Its pretty much two polar opposite personalities as roomys who are individually trying to get their dicks wet and unintentially gently caress each other over in the process. Also occasionally gently caress themselves over the pursuit. Its a bit odd because you get a lot of 'head speak' where the characters thought process is narrated while in first person view which is odd at first, but is great down the line because lets be honest - we've all had some dumb thoughts that lead to our even dumber actions. This show touches on that a good bit and pushes the awkward limit in some cases. Just see: Superhans.

Other notable recommendations:

Blue Ruin
I Saw the Devil
Hell
Always Sunny
The Office
Portlandia
Transparent(on Amazon Prime)

onemanlan has a new favorite as of 20:35 on Dec 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onemanlan
Oct 4, 2006

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I think my favorite Superhans moment is when he tries to quit smoking crack, and ends up replacing a drug addiction with a running addiction--the result of which is him running until he ends up in the middle of nowhere. "My legs have gone man! I'm a jelly! I'm paralysed! Feels loving brilliant!"

Oh this habit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRS41-7MTSs

"Just having a nice relaxing smoke of crack..."

The dog one is good too. The whole drat show is good except for the fact production slowed down.

Anyhow to not risk a derail I'll also suggest

Broad City on Amazon Prime. If you like Sunny, Peep Show, Workaholics, and/or 30 rock this show might be for you. It's a show about 2 'indepndent' girls living in NYC and the ensuing hijinks they run into while stoning through life. It has an interesting feminine take on humor that I can't quite place my finger on, but love none the less. There are a number of good comedians who pop up throughout the show. One of my favorites, Hannibal Buress, is in most of the episodes as well. Definitely worth a watch if you get the chance.