Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Ugly In The Morning posted:

When did Much Ado About Nothing go up? It's really good so far.
The Branagh Much Ado has been up for awhile and it's super good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Whoa, I didn't know the third season was made by Netflix. It finishes the story and was basically essential imo. I really enjoyed it overall, although you need some way of keeping track of a hundred characters and their shifting allegiances.

I think the American accent, besides being the actor's, may be a way of highlighting that the character is a brash newcomer, an immigrant from Spain (which other characters are not happy about).

PS. I love Gacet, although there is one plot device I got super super bored of the writers using. But still, Gacet is the only decent-seeming human being.

Anne Whateley has a new favorite as of 03:16 on Jan 3, 2015

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Opie_Yates posted:

Just curious, what plot device was that? Because if it is the use of homosexuality as a "moral weakness" to be exploited by others I have to agree with you. By the time it came up with della Rovere it felt like a hamfisted attempt at edginess.
Bingo, it's the "he's gay therefore he will do any dumbass thing to hook up with any man"

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Yeah, all the seasons of Justified are free except for the last season that finished like a week ago.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Oldstench posted:

Will you guys help me annoy Netflix or Amazon enough that they'll put How It's Made back on streaming? That show is my ultimate sleep aid.
Aerial America

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Yeah he definitely wants to sell himself as punk-rock. But at this point he's more of an embarrassing uncle.

I watch the shows, but it seems like lately he's been phoning it in. I just saw one episode where all he said was like "this is good, I like this. Spicy! I'm gonna be making GBS threads like a mink!" It just seems pretty pointless when any clueless idiot would be saying the exact same things. The reason Bourdain (or anyone experienced) is hosting food shows is, in theory, to say things more intelligent and relevant than "yum."

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I've recommended Rome half a dozen times itt, let me do it again

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Usually each floor has the same floor plan so they match vertically, not horizontally. I live in a little studio and my neighbor has this crazy huge apartment.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Bloodline season 2 is coming out on Friday, so if you want to watch/rewatch season 1 (and omg you should), the time is now!

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

RNG posted:

Just finished watching the first season and I enjoyed it. Don't really know how to discuss it without spoilers, but the flashbacks/flash forwards were super frustrating. You see the same events chopped up into little pieces over and over and it's like, "OK, we get it, plot twists ahoy," and never (IIRC) see the complete events in chronological sequence.
Yeah, I almost never rewatch shows, but I knew when I finished S1 that I would have to.

Palpek posted:

I couldn't give a poo poo about some rich family's problems
Sounds like you shoulda identified with Danny ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Even in the US, I don't think it's streaming on Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Prime, is it?