Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Haerc posted:

I watched the first season of Agents of SHIELD while house-sitting, and quite liked it. Not really digging the second season, which seems to be the opposite of most peoples opinions.

It's a fairly drastic shift in tone. I like both for different reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

ninjahedgehog posted:

Holy poo poo you guys, Jurassic Park!

All three, actually!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Season 3 of Agents of Shield is up. Not sure when it first popped up.
Watched a few episodes and I'm really glad I stuck with the series.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So did Lady Dynamite!

Crazy Ex Girlfriend is a great show with a terrible title. It stars the lady that did the "gently caress Me, Ray Bradbury" music video.

Edit:
https://youtu.be/e1IxOS4VzKM

Inzombiac has a new favorite as of 02:39 on Jul 28, 2016

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Remember how The Thing was a triumph of paranoid storytelling and practical effects?
Harbinger Down took everything awesome and produced a wet fart.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bet the pre-production concept art was cool as hell but then they forgot to light any of the scenes.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I loving KNEW IT

Edit: Ahh, I see. The movie was Kickstarted by the company that did The Thing effects after their (radical) work was painted over with CG.

I can understand why they were mad but their response was to take a bad script, a bad crew and an inexperienced staff to make movie to show off how cool their effects can be.
But then they forgot to light their scenes properly and left everyone with poopy diapers.

Inzombiac has a new favorite as of 00:12 on Aug 1, 2016

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ugh, good luck.

I watched Stage Fright. It's a musical horror/comedy. It is not funny, scary or all that musical.
The villain is accompanied by ear shattering music that is significantly louder than the rest of the film and made the whole thing a chore to watch.
Good premise, very flawed execution. However, it does have Meatloaf and that creepy dude who shot up Degrassi High.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Turtlicious posted:

HarmonQuest is pretty boss guys.

But it's not on Netflix, right?

I made a Seeso account and watched it twice in a week. It's so, so good.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Amazon is doing their pilot season right now any everyone should watch THE TICK.

I had my reservations about the casting but I liked it and it was pretty dang funny. Go watch it and be sure to rate it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yeah, it looks like a repurposed Guyver suit with antennae stick on.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bogmonster posted:

I was reading about some upcoming Netflix stuff and found out that BBC America are doing a new Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency with Sam Barnett and Elijah Wood.

I was kind of hoping they would carry on the BBC4 version with Stephen Mangan as I thought that was ace, but this new one could be pretty good I guess.

Oh gently caress yes.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Just watched the first two episodes of Galavant on Netflix.
The problem with never watching broadcast TV is that you miss out of these shows until they maybe come to streaming.

It's a medieval comedy musical show with a great cast (Vinnie Jones, for one) and I, so far, adore it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

bale. posted:

Thanks for posting this. I've been curious since it showed up on Netflix but I was scared itd be awful or just boring.

Started watching based on above recommendation and immediately binged the first six episodes. Funny start and it only gets stronger. Ended up really loving it!

Now sprint through the rest and cry that you have no more. Season two has some excellent guest stars.

No one should watch Hellevator unless you're going to join Lowtax and I making fun of it on Twitter.
The concept of the show is actually pretty good but the Twisted Twins look like Evil Willow and sound like they are moments away from passing out.
Well, unless the one on the left is cackling over nothing.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Luke Cage comes to Netflix in a couple days.
I have the day off and will marathon the whole thing.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

wormil posted:

I thought it was a spinoff of Once Upon a Time. What is it?

Oh god no.
It's a musical comedy show that is a send-up of all the classical hero tales.
It's very funny and there are some very unexpected character arcs.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm so glad to have gotten you all on the Galavant train. It's one of the few shows that really deserves to be picked up for a few more seasons.

I started season 11 (!) Of Supernatural. ONCE AGAIN Sam is hiding poo poo he shouldn't. I shouldn't be surprised at all. At this point, i watch it out of momentum and the hope of a funny episode.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Fumaofthelake posted:

I watched through all of Brooklyn Nine Nine over the last four weeks on Hulu. Really like that show and had never given it a chance before. Has some of the Parks and Recs guys on the creative team.

Same here but only the first two seasons. It's very funny and I discovered that I'm basically dating Chelsea Peretti's clone.
I had avoided it because I'm stupid and thought Andy Samberg was only good for comedy hip-hop.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Remulak posted:

You're dating Beyonce?

Hell yeah. They actually just looks similar. Behaviorally it's about 60%

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Big Centipede posted:

There's a movie about ChristianMingle made by ChristianMingle on Netflix. It's called ChristianMingle.

The Flop House episode on it is pretty golden.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Field Mousepad posted:

Link me broski.

http://www.flophousepodcast.com/2016/09/episode-213-christian-mingle/

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sky High is on Netflix and is pretty good for a Disney TV movie. Was it in theaters? I saw it as a teenager and liked it. It holds up pretty well.
It has Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kurt Russell and a couple chaps from Kids in The Hall.

Edit: oh and Jim Rash!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Gomiboy posted:

Thank you

:stare: You're welcome.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

For anyone like me who discounted Galavant because you thought it'd be too Once Upon a Time, having watched most of it now I'd say a much better comparison is Men in Tights. It's more jokey than Princess Bride though that's also a decent comparison. It's a little mainstream in that it's a bit heavy on the "lol look we're subverting a trope!" but overall I'm finding it enjoyable and the cast is great.

I keep telling people this!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

New one. It's pretty good.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

3% on Netflix. It's a Portuguese sci-fi show about a yearly contest where anyone who is 20 years-old can attempt to pass a series of trials to gain permanent membership into "The Offshore", a utopia and beacon of hope while the rest of the world has gone to poo poo.
I won't say anything more because I like it and you should too!

Most of the costumes are dumb as hell but I don't really care.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Woops. Them speaking Portuguese threw me off. The city looking like a São Paulo slum should have tipped me off.

Sources are saying that Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency is available but I can't find it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Tell your friend from college some guy from the internet said he's a cool dude working on a cool show and wish him well for me

Thanks for this. We put it on last night and were very impressed. The premise almost makes it sound like a Hunger Games knockoff but it's far from it and well worth watching.

Good :D
I haven't finished it yet but one thing I love is how there really isn't a big, bad villain.
Everyone is just doing their best in an extremely flawed system.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm Not A Serial Killer is a movie about a teenage sociopath in smalltown America struggling with his condition.
There's more to it but any horror fan should see it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Len posted:

It has Christopher Lloyd in it? If I ever get a day off I'm down.

Yep and he's not a bit part or anything.
I was surprised at how much I liked it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Deadite posted:

How do you run out of podcasts?

Yeah, for real.
Go check out the Rapidly Going Deaf subforum and throw a dart.

Edit: Pernicious is a horror movie about three white ladies going to Thailand and one of them being culturally insensitive.
It's not good but it gets my recommendation because the slutty character is also the smartest.

Inzombiac has a new favorite as of 04:08 on Dec 25, 2016

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Crazy Heads is a British dark comedy about two women that can see demons and do their best to fight them.
They are... not great at it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Always Sunny season eleven is up.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oldstench posted:

And it's really disappointing too.

Yeah. A lot of retreads and the finale is pretty frigging obvious. But hey, I didn't hate my time watching it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

food court bailiff posted:

I've been watching Haters Back Off recently and it's really hilarious while also being abrasive enough that its 2 star rating on Netflix is completely understandable. If you could stomach Napoleon Dynamite, give it a try.

It also stars the guy who plays Todd in the Grinder, which is a decently funny sitcom, also available on Netflix.

That show is pretty great.
The main character is truly horrible to everyone around her and unknowingly self-destructs all the time.
It's an awkward middle-america comedy like Nepoleon Dynamite except the main character is a deluded narcissist.
In the few times she internally reflects, it delivers with gravity.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

We Know Catheters posted:

Santa Clarita Diet just came out on Netflix. "Sheila and Joel, a married couple, are real estate agents in Santa Clarita, California. When Sheila dies, their lives take a dark turn."

I used to live out there and the show pretty much got how people are there. I'm almost done with it and it's been pretty funny.

I just watched the first episode without knowing the premise.
Now I know what I'm doing with the rest of my day :)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

wormil posted:

I wish there was less swearing in Santa Clarita Diet, not because swearing bothers me but because they don't do it naturally. Every time they say, "gently caress!" it feels like someone held up a sign with that word on it. Show is otherwise awesome.

I took that as them being so uptight before the incident that they aren't used to it.
The daughter isn't so stilted because, well, she's a teenager.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

No Tomorrow is a solid B.
It's a romantic comedy TV show about a nice girl with a dead-end job that meets a handsome man at a market.
They go on a date and he reveals that a comet is approaching Earth and they have 8 months to live.

That's all I will say. It's worth a watch.
Plus the male lead is the guy from Galavant and I won't stop drooling over that show.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I watched Ong Bak so many times as a youth that I seriously wanted to take up Thai kickboxing.

Then I finally learned what that entails, looked at my soft lovely body and played some more Smash Brothers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

wormil posted:

Any fans of 3%? Netflix thinks I'll like it but the first episode was slow as hell and had zero suspense since they give away too much. Also borderline cheesy. It's not just the plot that's slow but the actors walk around and talk like they are drugged. Some of the latter could be the dubbing but still.

Watch it subbed. It's MUCH better.
I watched all of the first season and I liked it a good deal. I've even posted about it here.

It's one of the only dystopian pieces of media without a villain. Every character has some area of their morality that they are willing to compromise.