Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Vriess posted:

Bunraku is only available until the 31st. You fucks have two days to watch one of the more original kung-fu films in the entire decade.

I believe you will find that Bunraku is not a kung-fu movie but instead a musical, where the singing has been wholly replaced by punching dudes in the face real hard.

it's also really incredibly good, definitely watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Rolo posted:

They just added Transformers: Age of Extinction, and I have to say, this movie sucks so bad it's ridiculous. They have a guy carry around a card in his wallet validating the legality of his underage relationship, and between him and the yellow car, I couldn't understand 40% of the speech in the movie.

I'm pretty sure there wasn't a storyline. There were way too many main characters, to the point where you'd forget certain ones existed. The movie is 2.5 hours long. The lead underage girl looks like someone pointed an airbrush directly at her face. Nothing is accomplished. I could go on forever about how Michael Bay needs to be shot out of a cannon.

between literal card-carrying not-a-pedo boyfriend and the non-robot alien tentacle tongue wrapping around and crawling up the leg of short-shorts clad teen girl, i think michael bay needs to be on some sort of watchlist.

what a bizarre film though! Just completely bonkers artistic decisions all throughout, like how the bumper sticker on Wahlberg's truck was blatantly CG'ed in or how a wooden fencepost throws a shower of sparks upon being run over or the slow pan across crushed and burning bud light bottles or in the middle of a huge firefight Wahlberg gently nodding in agreement after watching a samurai robot slice one robot in half then throw its sword into another robot.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Inzombiac posted:

Hate to be a Goonie Gune but the more I think about Snow Piercer, the more I don't like it because the script could have been changed in small ways to make it way better.

could u describe what changes you would make in exhausting detail

thanks in advance

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

coyo7e posted:

I'm not sure if season two was closure or opening for another season,compared to the finale of season 1 season 2 finale was totally different. It isn't a downer as much as an empathic roller coaster.

Yeah, season 2 definitely feels like a thematic setup for a third season. It fits into nice narrative arcs, S1 being Bojack having everything society says is success, S2 having everything he thought he wanted and finding it equally empty and harmful, S3 would be self-actualization and the consequences of trying for an existentially meaningful life in a city built on vapidity.

I do hope they go for a third season because in doing all the setup they lost a lot of narrative momentum, especially with the increased focus on supporting characters as people rather than reflections of Bojack.