Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Sense8 was loving canceled. Goddamnit.

The Keepers makes me super duper conflicted, and I'm a protestant who was forced to attend catholic school and personally observed a metric truckload of horrific hypocritical bullshit - but I still struggle to believe that things got THAT weird, and THAT high-level. I mean I will straight-up say that most catholics are hypocritical sacks of poo poo but I can't believe that there was a police+military+clergy underage sex abuse conspiracy that just ran for like, at least a decade or so? What the gently caress, in my school if kids got called to the principals' office that often, SOMEONE BROUGHT IT UP what the christ.

The Keepers is good entertainment but holy poo poo, it made me defend the catholic church, which is an institution that I truly feel is basically completely morally bankrupt.

I mean I'm not sure where to come down on the fence after watching but it sure as poo poo made me deal with some feels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
3rd season falls flat for me.

But Lincoln is also the main star of American Gods :fap:

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Rolo posted:

Don't watch The Cave. It got all these stars on Netflix and initially has a high budget feel to it, but it's terrible.
If it wasn't englishd dubbed I could've lasted for more than 5 minutes.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
You mess it up by tying it to one of the most over-written and inbred franchises out there. You've gotta remember that Castlevania was begun back in the days when naming a character "Alucard" deserved you spoilering that it's actually DRACULA spelled backwards!

Most of the stories for most of the Castlevania games are incomprehensible garbage though. They throw a new Belmont in, add in Dracula's son and some other subcharacters, and then it's just a vehicle for you dodging vampire bats and whipping candles and using crosses as boomerangs. I'm sure there's a manga for it, which is mainly filled with darkly brooding male heart-throbs, who pensively brood, darkly. A lot.

coyo7e has a new favorite as of 02:28 on Jul 11, 2017

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Penny Dreadful was...surprisingly good. I think my perception might be colored, though, by the fact that Mrs. Fai marathoned loving Hemlock Grove right before we watched it. Guddrat that poo poo is the worst.
Penny Dreadful was fun and solid until the final season, when they clearly had to throw everything into a bucket and then cement it into closure. It reminds me of Sliders, where it started off awesome but went off the rails a bit as it went. Also the dude.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Deadwood is short enough to be worth dipping into for a week or two to finish it, but it really felt a lot like two dudes standing across the street from each other yelling "get off my lawn!" except in a Shakespearian style

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Icarus is edge of your seat holy poo poo :psypop:

Go watch it asap on Netflix.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Not bad, but i pay half that for Netflix and have a broader library to access, on my own schedule. :(

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

wormil posted:

Watching Comrade Detective on Amazon and it's ... so many things but mostly stupid. The propaganda is pretty interesting though.

A cop dies and someone breaks into his apartment, the police reassure the landlady that's it's just a premature attempt to redistribute Nikita's wealth. The cops killer wears a Reagan mask.

A cop lectures a drug dealer on how the CIA imports drugs to destroy inner city blacks.

The tough guy cop does a pirouette through some street ruffians. When he hears where his new partner is from, he calls him a goat fucker.

It's an 80s Communist, buddy cop TV series dubbed into English.
So you gotta spoil it, where was the goat ticket from? Uzbekistan?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I'd worry more about Danny Rand being a white guy if the people from the hand weren't all of different nationalities as well.

that was actually way more bizarre to me because I'd always assumed the hand would be some sort of Chinese shadow organization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I wanted to crossover this because it's on Amazon, and its a blast.

coyo7e posted:

Residue: 7.5/10

This movie is a lot better than I expected. It's hokey and low budget and you realize that it's very self-aware and pokes fun of itself, sometimes in pretty sly ways such as the actor who played Max Headroom spends most of the movie as a Talking Head(less corpse), or having Cancer Man from the X-Files reprise his old role because why the hell not.

The main plot is something something there's this guy and he ends up reading this magic book that eats people or something, it's pretty confusing for most of the movie but ties together well, and the ending was refreshing in that I didn't expect it.