Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I watched all the episodes of Into the Dark on Hulu. They're pretty miss.

The Body was fun because it was a dark comedy with a hitman having things just spiral out of control like a 90s sitcom.

The Thanksgiving one was pretty bland and forgettable.

Pooka is Sam's Choice Jacobs Ladder

New Year New You was like a revenge story meshed with the urge to be famous I guess?

The first and fourth were my favorites of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

So I know that Blumhouse makes horror on the cheap as their entire gimmick. But man Into the Dark is the opposite of good quality media.

The first one is the best and everything else is just bland

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Just watched Await Further Instructions on Netflix and it was certainly a thing.

It's about a family trapped in a house while the tv gives increasingly insane survival warnings.

Then at the end some Lovecraftian thing from beyond ends up living in the tvs and it's taken over everything.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I found something on Netflix called The Kirlian Frequency which is 5 short episodes (only like 8-10 minuted long) that's like an animated Welcome to Nightvale. It's about a small hosed you town in Argentina where creepy poo poo happens and it looks like there's a metaplot developing?

Len has a new favorite as of 03:44 on Feb 17, 2019

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Slippery posted:

Well gently caress you too, small town, drat ( :) )

Didn't even notice that. Curse you over zealous phone auto correct

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Anyone watch the reality show about people getting chased by hounds in pursuit of a quick buck? I saw it on Netflix but wasn't sure if it was the fun kind of trainwreck or the boring kind of trainwreck

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

1redflag posted:

Lmao, just lmao of this is a real thing. Do the dogs shoot bees when they bark, too?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Release_the_Hounds?wprov=sfla1

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I just hope it doesn't sit stalled between seasons like the comic did. It was tenish years between story arcs

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

I'm like two episodes deep and I can't shake the feeling that Umbrella Academy is basically if Wes Anderson wrote the X-men.

It was written by the My Chemical Romance guy so checks out?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Is there a place to watch Red Dwarf without having to pay for another subscription service? I've already got Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

These episodes are so good. Like holy poo poo

About Bojack

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

That's where it ends? What the gently caress

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Bad Ben 7 is going to stream live on Facebook tonight at 7pm EST and 10PM EST in case anyone other than me has been watching the series

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Captain Lavender posted:

Fine, I'll try watching it again. I bounced hard on the first 2 episodes of Schitt's Creek, but I keep hearing nothing but universal love for it, so I'll push though.

And yeah, cable is just awful. I went without a subscription for years, and then when I moved to my home town and hung out with my folks, I saw that the commercial situation was even worse than before. There's an ocean of commercials now in the middle of a show, and no commercials between episodes. It is completely diabolical, and absolute torture to sit through.

That's not even touching on how some channels speed up shows and movies to fit more commercials

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

He had computer problems and it didn't start until late. I only caught a little bit before calling asleep. It's supposed to hit Amazon next week though

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Rolo posted:

I was about to say! I was sitting somewhere with a TV on and I noticed it when I wasn’t even watching the thing. The intro will play at like 1.5 when it’s just music, 1.3 when there’s words, then the whole episode plays at like 1.1. It sounded so weird until I realized it was on purpose. This is between the same car insurance commercials every 5 minutes.

We have break rooms we use at work when we’re sitting, and it usually goes:

“Wanna watch something?”
“I’d rather leave it off if it doesn’t matter.”
*puts on two hours of Two and a Half Men.*

It’s like boomer crack.

I'm the only person I know who notices it. Everyone else just shrugs and goes "it sounds and looks fine to me" but you can tell. Everything is just slightly off enough that it dries me crazy.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

When I heard "streaming live on facebook", that's about what I expected I guess. I think I have a couple to catch up on but i'll check it out when it does.

It's live on Prime.

Edit: it's a pro watch and top 3 Bad Ben movies

Len has a new favorite as of 00:48 on Nov 6, 2019

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Can anyone confirm what version of Muppet Christmas Carol is on Disney+? Does it have the cut song?!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

jodai posted:

I just checked. No song, she just gets up and leaves. That's very disappointing.

Gross. If they really wanted to bring everything back out they would release the real version the cowards

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

So what's the preferred plug-in streaming device? My smart TV is several years old, Netflix still works but Hulu crashes often and the Amazon video app no longer works. It's a great TV but aside from its smart apps, all I have are a couple of even older Blu-Ray players and I'm not sure it's worth trying to see if their apps are still any good.

I'm considering getting Disney+ (Brad's Deals has a deal for that+Hulu+ESPN+ for $13/mo) so I'll need to be able to add apps as needed. So what's the breakdown between a Roku, AppleTV, and anything else?

I like our Roku, it seems more reliable than the Chromecast was but they're about even price.

A PS4 isn't a bad suggestion but it takes up more room and runs more. Depending on the room you're looking to stream in it might not be feasible. Like we've got a Roku in the bedroom but the tv is wall mounted and there's nothing to keep a PS4 on so it wouldn't work.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Mammal Sauce posted:

We've got 2 Roku TVs and two Roku Express devices. They're super easy to set up and use. I've never understood the love for the Chromecast. A Roku Express is within a few dollars of a chromecast and doesn't require yet another device to make it work.

It also plays along much nicer with iOS from my anecdotal experience

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I burned my vacation days this week and intended to watch lovely horror movies but ended up watching Gravity Falls on Disney+

Turns out it was a pretty good time

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated, the only good Scooby Doo, is on Netflix again

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Rolo posted:

Anything to watch the spelling bee episode again. The hockey boys had me crying.

Riley and Jonesy are the best

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Field Mousepad posted:

The gay guy's wedding is one of my favorite episodes of any series ever

I'm a big fan of Canada gooses

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Fishstick posted:

Iv' been hearing good things about LetterKenny, is it enjoyable if you know nothing about canadian stereotypes and such?

I've had a blast watching it. Parts of season 1 are a bit rough before it funds its footing but it's really good

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Is the animated spinoff Littlekenny worth watching? I’m iffy about most animated comedies coming out lately.

It's like 20 minutes long and is basically just cold opens in cartoon form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

So I've posted about the Bad Ben movies a few times and uh Nigel just reached for the stars on this one.

Apparently since he dropped the first movie Amazon has changed how they pay out and now it's not worth it to self publish to Amazon video. So his solution was make his own streaming service. Bad Ben TV is a thing that exists, it has its own Roku channel, and right now it has the 7 bad Ben movies plus a backyard wrestling thing that updates weekly.