Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
No one watch Snowpiercer, we all agreed in the last thread that it was the worst thing ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
Salem is actually really good. I usually don't like watching TV series but something drew me to this one. It takes place during the salem witch trials and is a very good time piece. Basically it's a drama about witches influencing the trials. Worth a watch.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

jodai posted:

However, Comedy Bang Bang has two seasons on Netflix with the third coming in at the end of December. There are some really funny actors, comedians and musicians involved in this show and it is an amazing send up of talk shows as well as some offbeat humor. I love it but ymmv comedy is subjective etc.

Reggie Watts has a great stand up special on there, worth checking out. More beat-boxing weird music/abstract humor.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

Leper Residue posted:

I didn't hate season 3, but that's mainly cause I'm a sucker for witchcraft type poo poo.
You should definitely check out the show Salem.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
Yo so They Came Together stars Amy Poehler and Paul Rudd and damnit if it is not the funniest thing I've seen in awhile. It's a spoof on romantic comedies which goes over all the typical cliches but not in the typical parody way like Scary Movie did. It's a little more subtle. Very much worth a watch. Also it's written by Michael Showalter and David Wain (Stella, wet hot american summer)

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

Len posted:

So I have a weakness for terrible found footage movies on Netflix/Amazon Prime. We've watched VHS 1 & 2, Grave Encounters, and a smattering of other stuff I can't remember the names of but I want more. I seem to remember there being on involving dinosaurs but I can't remember it's name.

Obviously the cheesier the better.

Have you seen Troll Hunter yet? I'm not positive it's still on netflix though.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
I don't really know what I like about the Rambo movies because I really don't like mega action movies, but the first 3 were pretty drat good. I put it on as something to fall asleep to (I'm one of those people) and it kept me entertained.

Anyone have any recommendations for weird comedy? Something like comedy bang bang. Is that surrealist comedy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

Ryoshi posted:

Is this good even if you've grown to hate Ansari's whole persona? Watching his stand up has made me retroactively dislike him in Parks and Rec.

Yeah, definitely watch the show. I feel like his stand-up has gone very downhill recently (that last special, ugh) but he is a totally different character in this series. There is honestly no relation to any other character he's played before and he doesn't even seem like the same person as his stand-up. Definitely a pro-watch, one of my favorite series of the year probably. Also his real life actual parents play his characters parents in the show, they are absolutely adorable. Do a google search afterwards to find out what Aziz thought about his parents playing in it, it is amazing.

The show isn't at all wacky though, and it honestly touches on a lot of big topics. A general passive arc through-out the series is "is this the type of person I want to be with for the rest of my life?" type deal. They devote a few episodes to that. Every episode has a "theme" but they all flow together in the narrative of the story.
It's also one of the only shows in recent memory that has made me LOL when I'm by myself (I usually just chuckle on the inside). Check it out for anyone on the fence.