Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

For the moment I'm watching and liking Peaky Blinders, because Cillian Murphy and Nick Cave's music. You should all watch that.

Also, rewatching Hannibal on Canada's Netflix :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

I forgot, Grimm is back on Netflix Mexico, but only the first two seasons :doom: I need the third one goddammit!

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Lamprey Cannon posted:

To further clarify, it's a series where two people spend an entire week exclusively eating the cuisine of a given time period. I think my favorite of the bunch was the Restoration era, during which people in Britain didn't 'trust' vegetables, and basically ate only meat, and were consequently lethargic, irritable, and smelly all the time.

Is the part were they mentioned how people wouldn't drink water, but just something like ale? Cue to kidney stones and people dying during the painful operation to remove them.

I love Supersizers by the way.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

azflyboy posted:

For anyone in Canada (or using a VPN), all three of the Godfather movies were just added to Netflix up there.

They should also be in Netflix Mexico, for the Spanish speaking goon. "Should", because they have been there since Netflix started to operate in Latin America, I don't know if they are still keeping them.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Did Vikings just got added to Netflix US? :stare:

I remember it wasn't there before.

Also El Seņor de los Cielos, which is a Mexican-American telenovela that I have never ever watched. If you've been watching Constantine, you'll catch a familiar face in it.

Edit: NOPE. My Hola farted or something, ahahaha! Still, Vikings is on Netflix Mexico.

Desperado Bones has a new favorite as of 02:10 on Dec 5, 2014

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

I don't remember if Elementary was on Netflix US, but it got added recently to Netflix Mexico/Latin America. I actually turned it off when the line "Sherlock in New York" was spoken, as a non-US person I'm already a bit tired of the whole "popular character goes to New York" trope. I'll give it a second try later, only because people keep on going on how amazing it is.

Now about a favorite thing, I'm liking Marco Polo, naked kung-fu and gorgeous costumes,I don't care if the dialogue isterrible.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Hey guys, is there another VPN I can use? I'm currently blaming Hola for sweet little George from England that was using my account with his X-box.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Dravinski posted:

I use ZenMate as a VPN . It's a chrome extension. You might want to check if it's safe or not though, I haven't really given enough of a poo poo to check, but it hasn't caused me any problems so far.

Thank you,I'll give it a try. I've heard bad things about hola before but didn't give it any importance because nothing weird had happened until a few months ago.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Alright, just finished watching Broadchurch on Netflix, good stuff, I really liked it. Is Gracepoint on any other site? Or is it good at least?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

My wife and I have been watching Gracepoint and I think it's pretty good. Haven't seen Broadchurch, though.

Broadchurch has a lot of David Tennat's (I suppose) real accent, and I liked the depressing small town ambient.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

ninjahedgehog posted:

By Jupiter's cock! Spartacus is up on Netflix!

Oh my God!! :woop: It's also on Netflix Mexico, hell yeah!

Ah,yes. Frank is awesome. Watch it.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

For the American and Canadian goons,if you don't have cable and don't want to wait, Better Call Saul is on Netflix Latinamerica(and Europe), every Tuesday a new chapter will be up.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Goons with VPN, I recommend to you a TV series named "El Barco" (The Ship). Although it feels more like a soap opera, it's quite entertaining. I would say it's something like Spanish Lost, but in a ship instead of an island. Sadly, I think it doesn't have English subtitles.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Oldstench posted:

Chef was much better than I thought it would be.

Hannibal Season 2 is on Amazon. It's a beautiful fever dream of a show.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt made me laugh a lot. Ellie Kemper is a qt.

I've been told that Chef is quite good, guess I'm going to give it a try.

Hannibal is coming to Latin American Netflix, so all Latino goons that haven't seen the series you should watch it as soon as it's up. Also, there's no news if it's only the first season, or both first and second.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt bored me. :/ I'll give it a second try later, this is probably not my type of comedy.

The Returned (2015) is and will be available on Netflix 24 hours after its airing on TV (but not on the USA or Canada, sorry guys), I found this awesome and hoping they do the same with other series, sadly The returned didn't seem too interesting...I'll keep watching and see if it gets better.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Turambar posted:

I second this. Great atmosphere and a soundtrack by Mogwai.

Yeah, I'm seriously considering this. The trailer for the French version was even more interesting that the two chapters of the American version.

The Mentalizer posted:

I would think it's probably going to be both seasons since the 3rd is starting up in June. I've noticed that with most series the latest season goes up on Netflix shortly before the next season starts airing. At least for network shows in the US, anyway. It may be different for Latin America.

It's quite weird how things work over here. Sometimes we get all the seasons, sometimes not. For example Grimm has been up in Netflix Mexico for years but they haven't uploaded the third season even if it already aired on the US. I don't know if it also has to do with if the blu ray is out or not.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

The Mentalizer posted:

Part of it probably has to do with the DVD release dates, but for a country like Mexico it may also involve how fast they get the localized versions finished. So if they don't have a Latin American Spanish version of Grimm Season 3 finished, they might not put it up. I can't speak for other networks but for where I work I know that the international versions are prepped and sent out for dubbing pretty soon after air, and the LAS versions are usually the first ones we get back for distribution (usually followed shortly by the French, Castillian, German and Portuguese versions if they make them). I don't work for NBC though, so I can't tell you what the deal with Grimm is.

There's one thing I just remembered, and makes me wonder if that's the deal. Over here a TV network can buy a series and will have exclusive rights on it for a certain time. Exclusive rights means that if they want, they can keep that series hidden from the public. That happened with Evangelion and a bunch of other animes, right in the moment anime was hot in Mexico, one network bought a bunch of popular titles and never aired them,until years later when the hype was dying. SO, I guess some network has the rights for Grimm and is not letting it go? :/ I don't have cable so I'm not sure what channel is airing it, or if they have finished airing the third season. I guess I'll have find another way to watch it.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

ExCruceLeo posted:

Gotham is on netflix now. I just started it and am really enjoying it.

The Flash season 1 will be going up next week, as will Arrow season 3. Been waiting to watch Flash.

I'm rewatching Flash, I'm so going to rewatch it again on Netflix. It's my favorite superhero show for the moment.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

I've never played Castlevania so I never knew what to expect, so as someone who is completely ignorant of the lore and story I liked it, and it didn't feel any slow for me, it felt really SHORT. I finished watching it and I was left expecting a bit more, like...something was missing there. lol but anyway, it's getting renewed so at least it will continue.

Gotta love the fact that was mostly animated by hand. :allears:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Mrs. Fai and I have a "five minute rule" for streaming content that we've never seen before. At any point during the show/movie, either of us can say "okay, this has five minutes and if it doesn't get good, we're done." I invoked it the first time we tried to watch it, then rolled my eyes and after five minutes said "Yeah okay, kid movie: she saves the animal friend. Whatever, let's watch something else now"

Holy poo poo am I glad she resumed it after I shut it off, even if it was only because we wanted background noise while we were doing household chores.

drat, you are missing a lot by doing that. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Yeah, maybe I was a little unclear. Not five minutes in, but at some point one of us says "gently caress this I'm out" and we watch for five more minutes to give it a chance to turn around. We watched The Great Wall for nearly an hour before I couldn't bear it anymore. No point in finishing the drat thing if you think it's awful. Thankfully, Mrs. Fai agreed and we moved on to something else.

matt damon i trusted you man you were jason bourne what happened

I went to see that movie at a theatre:smith: