Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Also highly recommending F is for Family, really funny and the writing is excellent. It's the most genuine portrayal of a family I've seen in a long time.

I'm not sure why there's so much Daredevil hate, I though it was good. What's the beef?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I'm about 3 episodes into the season and it's kinda meh for me so far. But yeah that fight scene was loving good(the stairwell right?)!

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Band of Robbers on netflix was really good.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I liked Tusk but everyone here hates it apparently.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
That's a big 10-4

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Inzombiac posted:

The Flop House episode on it is pretty golden.

Link me broski.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Speaking of shows you avoid watching but then end up getting into, I finally gave Netflix's F is for Family a try. Somehow I thought it'd just be a bad Family Guy ripoff, and I hated the one episode of Brickleberry I watched so was already cartoon-shy.

I'm really getting into F now though; it's a dark-but-sweet comedy about lower-middle-class suburban life in the 1970s. If I had to draw a comparison, maybe it's a cross between Rugrats and Bojack?

My sister sent me a snapchat of the sex scene and I immediately started watching it and loved it. If you don't know what scene it is you will when you see it I promise you.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Yup second season was confirmed a few months ago. It'll be out mid 2017 I think it said.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
If you haven't watched Sicario yet do it right now. Holy poo poo what a good movie.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Captain Lavender posted:

I just finally finished New MST3k and it really finds its stride as it goes on. By the last few episodes, it's well paced, and I was laughing out loud consitently. I'm really pleased with it overall.

It's really really good. I keep hearing people gripe about the fast pace of the jokes but I had no problem with it at all. And I like that they threw in some more physical humor.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Hey I'm Finnish you rear end in a top hat.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Turned on is so intense, there's so many layers of stuff going on in every episode. It's like emotionally draining but still a great watch at the same time. Good show though, I hope it gets another season.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Captain Lavender posted:

I haven't seen a lot of chatter about it anywhere, but I liked Godless so much, I thought I'd share. It's a bleak western, with an unsurprising plot, but they really go deep into the characters, and it's beautiful with great music and acting. I recommend trying it out for 2 episodes at least to see what you think, if you got the patience.

It's really good but everytime Jeff Daniels' character does his "I've seen how I die and this ain't it" speech I wish someone would shoot him in the face.

And that's not a spoiler he says it every goddamn episode.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
There's like a thousand 10 hour videos of rain and thunder on YouTube.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Bright is dope and I don't get the hate for it at all.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I haven't seen a special of his that I didnt like. Dude is awesome.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Santa Clarita Diet is really good. It also helps if you've had a crush on Drew Barrymore since you were 10 years old like me.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I understand how Bourdain can get on people's nerves but No Reservations is a really good show, he's really up front about the places he visits and addresses the hosed up things happening there in addition to the cool stuff. It's refreshing to see that kind of honesty in a travel/food show.

On a lighter note I'm powering through the Trailer Park Boys new season and bubbles riding around calling out beer tabs in the park made me laugh harder than I have in a really long time.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
East Bound and Down for a comedy option

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I'll third it. I love mst3k but if I'm tired it knocks me right out.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Also there's a thousand 10 hour long videos of thunderstorms on YouTube

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

The Black Stones posted:

Speaking of the Raid, there’s a movie called “The Night Comes for Us” on Netflix that has Iko Uwais in it, and if you liked the Raid, this movie should be something you would want to watch. I loved it. I would definitely want to buy this on disc.

Just finished this and holy poo poo it is amazing, I think I liked it more that The Raid. And I love that movie.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Pretty much everything I've heard about Badlands is "watch the fight scene, fast forward to the next fight scene".

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Letterkenny is the poo poo! Apparently Hulu picked it up so it's gonna be going for another season at least

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Rolo posted:

Letterkenny might be my favorite show ever.

:respek:

I wish I hadn't of binge watched it like I did so I could enjoy more of it.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
The gay guy's wedding is one of my favorite episodes of any series ever

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
The first and second season it seems like they're trying to be too clever with the wordplay joke stuff but after that they started focusing on writing better jokes.

It legit gets better every season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Rolo posted:

Yes because like me you’ll start off completely in the dark and slowly pick up more and more.

Like said it takes a little to find its footing but the characters are some of the best on tv, especially Riley and Jonesy. Shoresy