Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Retro Futurist posted:

Amazon

E: vvv hoo hoo boy, is there

Outside the US, yeah. Inside the US it needs the Starz add-on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
What’s good for falling asleep to? Hulu doesn’t have any good mythbusters episodes. Or how it’s made, or anything like that.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Yeah, I’ve tried the ambient stuff but for some reason I prefer listening to people talking. I’ll give MST3K a shot.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

food court bailiff posted:

I don't know, I watched through again and paid more attention this time and liked it even more. To each their own, I guess.

I also finally started Santa Clarita Diet season 2, which is great so far. I love how in the age of direct to streaming shows, almost every episode ends with a cliffhanger that just makes you go "......huh."

SCD and the Tick are my two favorite comedies this year. SCD is one of the funniest shows I’ve ever seen. Like, I will laugh out loud two or three times an episode, which I don’t usually do when I’m watching stuff by myself.

The Tick is great, too. It has some of the people behind venture brothers doing some of the writing and it shows.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Straight White Shark posted:

I watched the first half of the season when it first dropped and it was a great ride but the second half was just a massive letdown for me. I hope they get their poo poo together for season 2 but I'm not holding my breath.

I really enjoyed the second half of the Tick, they went and paid off all the setups from the first half one after another. It was crazy fast paced and hilarious.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Inzombiac posted:

Oh hell yeah. I was wanting to watch this yesterday!

Watch it with someone that hasn’t seen it before, it’s a great way to experience the movie. I do that at least once a year.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

AWarmBody posted:

I grew up in a US trailer park as a poor. Imagine Trailer Park boys but the park manager wasn't a raging alcoholic and instead of weed farms there was the occasional busted meth lab.

Are there any good trailer park shows or movies besides Trailer Park Boys?

Not really straight-up trailer park but more on the “hick” side, Letterkenny is really good. I knew some people that overhyped it so I avoided it for a while, but it’s actually very funny.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Eat The Rich posted:

In the documentary, they totally trash Dee Dee and feel she got what she deserved.

In the doc her own parents spend talk about how much of a piece of poo poo she was. What she put her daughter through was poo poo a CIA blacksite would call inhumane. It was beyond torture.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Yeah, a Netflix subscription is monthly, you can cancel now and restart when the next season drops then cancel for good. The gap isn’t that devious.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Rolo posted:

Yeah I travel for work and spend 5-15 days a month in hotels. It’s probably been 2 years since I’ve even turned the TV on because I just can’t handle another 8 straight episodes of Family Guy with the same 5 insurance commercials playing over and over.

It’s torture.

The last time I had to do a hotel for work I packed my PS4 as a Netflix machine because cable actually makes me more bored these days. Like, it acts as a reminder that I’m cooped up. poo poo stresses me out.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

1redflag posted:

Just remembered that Amazon Prime has a bunch of old HBO series for free, so I’m watching Generation Kill before that new HBO streaming services comes online and they likely have to black it out on Amazon

I thought all that stuff expired in 2018. Cool that they still have it- if the first two seasons of Veep are still on there, watch those too.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Retro Futurist posted:

I hear good things about Roku. Chromecast is probably the cheapest/easiest option

That’s good for streaming only, but you can also get a used PS4 at about a hundred bucks if you want streaming+blu rays.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I’m trying to find a good show to put on as background noise while I fall asleep. I usually go for stuff like Mythbusters or How It’s Made for that kind of thing, but Hulu is missing most of the old episodes. Any suggestions?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

i flunked out posted:

If you have amazon prime I watch Psych to fall asleep. Its not mechanical but there's something about it.

Oh, nice, I thought that went off prime a few months ago. Probably just their godawful search. That was always a favorite of mine for falling asleep, because you're right, it's pretty comfortably bland.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

HouseOfLeaves99 posted:

The guy on Forensic Files has a nice calm voice. Even when he's talking about a triple murder then rape crime, he never gets that loud. I fall asleep to that or Intervention.

Oh my yes. I’ve already used all the ones that are on Netflix for that exact purpose. I might give intervention a shot.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Travels by Narrowboat on Amazon Prime has been a godsend for this. A Brit quits his lifestyle to buy a narrowboat and sail along the thousands of miles of UK waterways. He does all the filming himself, and there are a lot of scenes with no dialogue, just lapping water and the sounds of British countryside and towns. It is supremely relaxing.

I will give this a shot tonight, thanks!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Cowslips Warren posted:

We tried The Witcher but the loving time skips (without it being labeled as such. Seriously a loving timestamp at the bottom, year 1873 would have saved so much. Same with loving location) did in her interest pretty fast. That and the fact most of the loving names of every city run together.

I can’t figure out what they were trying to do with that. It didn’t add anything besides making the plot difficult to follow for no real payoff.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Len posted:

I've had a blast watching it. Parts of season 1 are a bit rough before it funds its footing but it's really good

The fartbook episode sucks, but by and large I thought S1 was really enjoyable... except for when Gail is on screen but that’s not just an S1 problem. Her whole thing of coming on to people who really don’t want her to is offputting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Season 4 felt like the weakest season to me. It definitely gets better from there.