Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opie_Yates
Nov 30, 2010
Recommending the Netflix original "Borgia". Good period piece about the 15th century Borgia family in Italy and all the evil and corruption they were in to. A lot of violence, a lot of sex and hot naked people. I thought the costuming and scenery were fantastic. The dialogue does seem a bit forced at times and everyone in Italy having an English accent (except the pope, he has an American accent for some reason) can ruin the immersion a bit I suppose. Otherwise, a good attention holder and worth a watch.

Fake edit: Don't get it confused with the Showtime series "The Borgias". This one says Netflix Original. I can't comment on the Showtime one.

Opie_Yates has a new favorite as of 13:09 on Jan 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opie_Yates
Nov 30, 2010
If you use Hola, Netflix Sweden has "Master and Commander The Far Side of the World" up. It is awesome and I really wish they had made more movies. There is a lot of material in the Aubrey-Maturin series of books to go with, but I guess there is not enough of a demand.

Opie_Yates
Nov 30, 2010
Just curious, what plot device was that? Because if it is the use of homosexuality as a "moral weakness" to be exploited by others I have to agree with you. By the time it came up with della Rovere it felt like a hamfisted attempt at edginess.