Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Doctor Who season 8 has got to go up soon.

It just has to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Doctor who season 8 went up on netflix

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I just started Danger 5 on Netflix and it is absurdly wonderful

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know if Rick and Morty season 2 will ever be up on Hulu? Some of my employees had been talking it up forever, and i finally gave it a shot. I love it, and want to watch the next season!

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I'm on episode 4 of house of cards season 4 and I feel like it's better than season 3 so far. Season 1 was still the best though.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
So hard not to click that spoiler tag. My lady friend doesn't watch the HoC so I only watch it when she's out or reading. We don't watch too terribly much TV as it is so it's been slow going even though I want to take 10 hours and binge watch that poo poo in one go.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Just got Amazon prime. What should I watch tonight? Feeling like a comedy movie, action/sci fi could work too

Edit: has anyone seen tusk? I'm kind of curious about it but not really sure

om nom nom has a new favorite as of 05:41 on Oct 17, 2016

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Yea tusk wasn't very good. And I've had "tusk" by fleetwood Mac stuck in my head since I watched it. I bet the rights to that song were the most expensive thing in the budget for that movie.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Anyone know when house of cards s5 comes out? I started rewatching the series a couple months ago, and am almost done. Very much looking forward to the new season.

Although I hear beau willimon is no longer involved, and he was one of the major producers/writers.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I don't remember if it was this thread, but I'm really glad someone recommended Better Off Ted. I skipped past it for the entire time it was available on Netflix (probably because I thought the name was dumb) up until a few weeks ago after reading that it was good. And it really is. It's got a great witty sense of humor and it's always fun to rip on corporate America. I've only got a few episodes left, it's too bad the show only made it two seasons. I guess I'm not the only one that didn't give it a shot because of its dumb name.

om nom nom has a new favorite as of 06:17 on Feb 1, 2017

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I just read that The Life Aquatic is coming to Netflix at the end of March and I'm very excited

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I think I posted about it when it was first announced, but The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou was added to Netflix yesterday. Great movie.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I like House of Cards, but I think it's about time to wrap this poo poo up. The original was like a 5 episode miniseries.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Palpek posted:

Eh, this version does its own thing but it would have been perfect if the last season ended with Spacey becoming potus for real (but losing everything else in life), the end. It's just that reality is way more insane than tv and it's becoming too obvious that they're trying to top it without regard if it's good for the show or not. Is this new season the last one?

It's not, I'm really hoping the next one is. I really enjoy the show, as I mentioned, its just becoming very predictable "crazy backstabbing, manipulative politics over and over and over and over." I don't know if predictable is the word, formulaic maybe? They keep trying to top themselves (and real life as you mentioned) , but they've done so many over the top things that nothing's really a surprise any more. You know Frank and Claire will lie to, manipulate, backstab, and murder anyone as long as it progresses their agenda, and (season 5 spoiler I suppose?) will probably do any of those things to each other, too. I enjoyed this season and I still like the twisted, dark political drama, I just hope they wrap it up while it's still a good thing, rather than drawing it out for another 5 seasons because it's a successful show that makes Netflix money.

For the record, I haven't seen the original British miniseries, but would really like to. I may break down and buy the DVDs from Amazon soon enough, it looks like it's right around $20 for the full thing.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Oh that's awesome I had no idea, thanks.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of children's movies, Kubo and the Two Strings was one I found really enjoyable. I don't tend to watch animated/kids movies, my girlfriend does sometimes though. She talked me into this one, and I'm glad she did. It's stop motion and they use origami for some of it, it's very cool visually as well at an engrossing story.

E: Netflix

om nom nom has a new favorite as of 00:25 on Jun 23, 2017

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

I know people that work for that studio and it breaks my heart to see it get panned by critics.
It's really good!

Does it really get that many bad reviews? It's at 97% on rotten tomatoes.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Just watched Burn After Reading for the first time (on Netflix). It was definitely cool and good. The cast is amazing, and the personalities of all of the characters are super unique, it really makes the movie. I'm going to rewatch once or twice in the next few months, I'm sure there are some subtleties that I didn't pick up on.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
This is kind of appropriate for this thread, but I just signed up for HBO Now and so far it's worth the $15/month for sure. Came for GOT and Westworld, looks like a great movie selection, too, and a bunch more shows that are worth a shot at least.

You don't have to reply to any emails or anything for your free month trial, so you could probably just keep making up email addresses and canceling after a month and get free HBO if you were really that committed to not paying $15/month.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
The Founder on Netflix starring Micheal Keaton, about Ray Kroc franchising McDonalds was pretty good. Nick Offerman plays Dick McDonald.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I really liked The Good Place starring Kristen Bell and Ted Danson, which is on Netflix. Also Kristen Bell is a very pretty woman.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I can't wait for season 2 on Netflix, since I don't have cable. Although it's either still running new episodes or just ended, so we've probably got a long wait.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

Peep Hulu, my dude.

I've thought about it, I've already got Netflix and HBO for streaming so it's building up to lots of subscriptions. But may be worth it for access to new shows, especially in the winter when I'm watching more tv than average. Sell me on it, how is the selection of new shows?

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Ya know I've thought about that too, I got it for GoT this season, I had only seen up to season 3 before that, made for some excellent binging. I've watched vice principals, curb your enthusiasm, and some Mr show as well as a few of the movies. I was a bit surprised at how disappointing the movie selection is, although Logan was just added so that's on the list. I haven't started Westworld, which I'm definitely interested in, but after only a few months I'm pretty close to over it with HBO. Especially with the rumors of how long the next GoT season is going to take to shoot, I can't imagine watching it regularly enough over the next year-year and a half for it to be worth it.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I've started watching Westworld, very intriguing so far. Had a super snowy day yesterday and binged 4 episodes.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I watched The Circle on Netflix, I wasn't in to it. I don't want to spoil anything, by using specifics in case anyone wants to watch it, but I really don't get what message that movie was trying to get across.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

1redflag posted:

Tom Segura's new stand up is pretty good.

Yea I was laughing harder at that special than I have at a stand up in a while. His "Mostly Stories" special is probably my favorite, but the new one is really, really good too.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Doctor Who season 10 is up on prime if anyone watches that show

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
My girlfriend likes to watch those 3d Animated movies, shes at least seen most of the Disney/Pixar ones and probably a handful of the lower tier ones, and both boss baby and the emoji movie she was like "no that looks stupid"

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I don't remember if I or anyone else has brought up The Good Place starting Kristen Bell and Ted Danson, but I'm re-watching it and it's a good one for sure. Netflix has the first season, I don't have cable so I'm not sure about the status of future seasons.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
What should I watch on HBO?

Basically now that Westworld is done we're planning to cancel HBO until the next worthwhile show is on (probably GOT). My girlfriend is going to start up the account so we get another free month.

I'm not in any rush to cancel, I just don't want to have an extra $15/month coming out of the bank for something I barely use. What movies are on that I should watch (blade runner 2049 is on my list)? What shows are worth it? Ive watched a lot of the series (GoT, true blood, some of Veep, vice principals, east bound and down, gunpowder, plus others that aren't coming to mind atm).

So what are your favorite/the best HBO shows and movies?

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I've seen East Bound and Down and most of Mr. Show. I've been meaning to check out The Wire, I've heard about that one for a long time, my girlfriend wasn't into it so I just need to remember when I'm watching solo.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out.

Edit: Started Barry, it's really good so far.

om nom nom has a new favorite as of 07:56 on Jun 27, 2018

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

1redflag posted:

Season 2 was just okay. Definitely not worth the subscription alone, but it is watchable.

I really enjoyed it for the first season, but season 2 lost my interest and I kind of just stopped watching it without finishing it.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I finished Barry and loved it, can't wait til next season. Also, I'd seen Vice on YouTube but just discovered it's on HBO, too. I think I'll be keeping my subscription for a while, there's a whole lot of fascinating stuff to get through one Vice.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I've discovered the appropriately named Shameless in the past month or so. Really enjoying it, although I just finished season 4 and my interest is kind of waning. Not that I haven't enjoyed the episodes, but for the first few seasons I wanted to binge watch it and had to know what happened next, but at some point during season 3 it's become more of an episode here and there show for me. But it's awesome. Way over the top/dramatic, a fun and cringy(in a good way) watch. I had been meaning to start it for a long time, and just never did, definitely worth a watch imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

mysterious frankie posted:

Roku TVs are the best. We have a 720 TCL in the bedroom, it was dirt cheap and it’s great. If and when the overpriced Samsung in the living room dies it’s probably being replaced with the biggest 4K Roku they got.

This is from like 2 weeks ago but I'll second TCL Roku. A 55" 4k TV was like $300 and it's great. Got it when they discontinued support for Xbox 360 Netflix, I use a PC (or snes) for gaming now, didn't really have a desire to get the next gen as a Netflix device