Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I kind of resent the fact that Agents of SHIELD got about five billion more chances to become good than any other show just for having the Marvel brand slapped on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

1redflag posted:

It's like a worse Blade/Underworld sequel. Honestly, I don't understand how it actually got released, other than that had already spent the money so they might as well release it and see what they can recoup.

Also, to the guy who mentioned Brick Mansions before, wow, that was incredibly poorly acted movie. I like Bobby Digital and all, but goddamn if RZA is not movie cancer. In theme with my comments above regarding I, Frankenstein, Brick Mansions seemed like a terrible District B13 sequel.

He did do the soundtrack to Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai, which is a pretty great movie.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

coyo7e posted:

Sort of like how every IT professional cringes whenever someone enthusiastically tells them they have to watch Chuck or The IT Crowd?

If only they could be so lucky.

It's always the Big Bang Theory.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Deadite posted:

Has anyone else watch Beyond the Black Rainbow? If so, would you please explain to me what I just watched?

I feel like Netflix accidentally added a movie you would only find playing in a display at a modern art museum, and gave it cover art that would trick the viewer in to thinking it was a 70s throwback scifi thriller

Imagine an attempt to make a remake of a David Cronenberg film, but made by someone who has an intense interest in fluorescent lights and droning sounds, and expects everyone to share these interests.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
If there's one thing goons hate, it's kids.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Crow Jane posted:

To be fair, I think this particular kid is meant to be horrible. His catapult backpack is pretty sweet, though.

He is meant to be unlikable towards the beginning, which is compounded by the burning hatred goons feel towards children.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

casual poster posted:

Yo so They Came Together stars Amy Poehler and Paul Rudd and damnit if it is not the funniest thing I've seen in awhile. It's a spoof on romantic comedies which goes over all the typical cliches but not in the typical parody way like Scary Movie did. It's a little more subtle. Very much worth a watch. Also it's written by Michael Showalter and David Wain (Stella, wet hot american summer)

I'm not entirely sure why Netflix calls it a "semi-spoof"

Like, what's a full spoof?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Twitch posted:

Just watched a few episodes of The Birthday Boys, definitely a strong recommend if you like sketch comedy.

A second season apparently exists, but Netflix hasn't put it up.

Also yeah, good show. They're a bit crap at ending sketches sometimes, but they come up with really funny ideas.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
After a famed newspaper magnate dies, a reporter searches for the meaning of his cryptic last words, without ever finding out that they refer to the magnate's childhood sleigh.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
The second season of The Birthday Boys is on Netflix, so check that out if you liked the first one.

It's the last season, sadly.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

Nope, Dan Stevens http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1405398/?ref_=tt_cl_t1
is not Chris Evans http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0262635/

There's at least a resemblance this time, but sometimes I wonder if you guys used to run up and call anyone with vaguely the same hair color "Dad" when you were little.

Dan Steven's performance is reminiscent of Chris Evans's Captain America, though.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
The thing you need to know about Gotham is that this is the Penguin and his mother

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K03Camt2jt4

If you are not on board with this, It Is Not For You.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Why the gently caress does Triump The Insult Comic Dog have a special on Hulu

why is it about politically correct sjw millenials

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Defghanistan posted:

Every joke should probably be about PC SJW millennials.

Looks like we got a badass here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

1redflag posted:

I don't remember that episode, but the very first episode of TZ deals with a guy who thinks he is the only survivor of a neutron bomb attack but is in fact being studied by the government to see how the mind would react to such a situation.

There's another one where a rich guy gathers together three people he felt screwed him over and tells them the apocalypse is about to happen, and they need to beg for his forgiveness to stay in his bunker but all three of them tell him he deserved what he got and that they'd rather die than live the rest of their lives around him and then he goes crazy from being owned so hard and thinks nuclear war happened and the outside world is nothing but ruins, even though it's perfectly fine