Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

The Vosgian Beast posted:

There's another one where a rich guy gathers together three people he felt screwed him over and tells them the apocalypse is about to happen, and they need to beg for his forgiveness to stay in his bunker but all three of them tell him he deserved what he got and that they'd rather die than live the rest of their lives around him and then he goes crazy from being owned so hard and thinks nuclear war happened and the outside world is nothing but ruins, even though it's perfectly fine

Lol. Twilight Zone kicks so much rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Planet Earth 2 is on Netflix :3:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

People getting fired up about a lovely will smith movie itt

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Tom Segura's new stand up is pretty good.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Like a billion? Just a short list off the top of my head:
Airplane, Army of Darkness, Mr. Mom, Dragnet, Trading Places, Coming to America, Clerks, Naked Gun, Half Baked, Logan Lucky (this was relatively recent but was really good), Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, and many more that escape me at the moment.

E. Oh, you were talking about 21st century only. Hmmm, yea, that is a good point actually. Way too many Seth rogan & company movies. Like I said, Logan Lucky was good. As was The Foot Fist Way if you like the guy from Eastbound and Down. I'll think of some more.

Brother Tadger has a new favorite as of 05:11 on Feb 6, 2018

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Forgetting Sarah Marshall was really good. 21 Jump Street too.

E. And agreed that bad santa is probably the best.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Yea, it's pretty awesome because you think the story is going one way, but real life is crazier than fiction.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Altered Carbon is okay. I read the book a few years ago and it's been tracking the story almost 1:1 (except they changed the hotel from THE HENDRIX to THE RAVEN for what I'm assuming is licensing issues with the Hendrix estate).

E. Interesting. I'm only two episodes in, so I'll have to pay attention to the changes.

Brother Tadger has a new favorite as of 02:15 on Feb 26, 2018

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

It was fun for a stoned watching on Saturday morning, but I was happy it was over by the end.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

It's weird to day this, but "Maps to the Stars" is one of the less weird Cronenberg movies.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

Thor: Ragnarok is now on Netflix!

This was a good comic book movie.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Fumaofthelake posted:

Vice Principals is them too right? I liked the first season, haven’t watched the second yet since we cancelled.

Season 2 was just okay. Definitely not worth the subscription alone, but it is watchable.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Straight White Shark posted:

Seconded, I'm generally not a big fan of that format but she works it pretty well.

Someone else mentioned it, but her hbo special was really good. Like, one of the better stand up acts I've seen in the last few years.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Deadite posted:

MST3K on Netflix/YouTube. I love MST3K but if I'm even a little bit drowsy it puts me right to sleep. Something about the pleasant midwesterness to the jokes

Seconded I cannot tell you how many times I've fallen asleep. Particularly the Joel episodes; that Wisconsin accent is so soothing.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Watching Werner Herzog’s Lo and Behold on Netflix. Pretty cool, but kind of ridiculous in portions as well. Entertaining nonetheless

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

PEN15 on Hulu is loving hilarious. It’s two women in their late 20s (I think?) playing themselves in 7th grade. All the other 7th graders are actual kids. It’s produced by the Lonely Island Guys, but written by the two lead characters.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Len posted:

Anyone watch the reality show about people getting chased by hounds in pursuit of a quick buck? I saw it on Netflix but wasn't sure if it was the fun kind of trainwreck or the boring kind of trainwreck

Lmao, just lmao of this is a real thing. Do the dogs shoot bees when they bark, too?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

AWarmBody posted:

I grew up in a US trailer park as a poor. Imagine Trailer Park boys but the park manager wasn't a raging alcoholic and instead of weed farms there was the occasional busted meth lab.

Are there any good trailer park shows or movies besides Trailer Park Boys?

Spun?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Highly recommend layer cake if you like guy Ritchie films, etc.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

The plot, dialogue, action scenes, and special effects of Geostorm are hilariously bad. Surprising number of big names appear in what is essentially AAA sharknado. Would get high and watch again.
E. It’s in hbogo

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

mysterious frankie posted:

When you are this wrong do you even have the ability to realize how wrong you are?

:ironicat:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I watched the first two episodes of “The Boys” and really liked it. I’m not a huge superhero guy, but I do like stories that show everyday people living in a world gone mad, which is an itch this show seems to scratch pretty well. Good blend of humor/drama, too.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Watched Lethal Weapon 1 thru 6 on Hulu

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

This is for all the motherfuckers that I hate,
Dolemite is My Name is great.

Brother Tadger has a new favorite as of 10:52 on Oct 26, 2019

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Just remembered that Amazon Prime has a bunch of old HBO series for free, so I’m watching Generation Kill before that new HBO streaming services comes online and they likely have to black it out on Amazon

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Len posted:

I'm the only person I know who notices it. Everyone else just shrugs and goes "it sounds and looks fine to me" but you can tell. Everything is just slightly off enough that it dries me crazy.

As someone who has watched a lot of online lectures and continuing education at 1.3 -> 2x speed, I also notice it. You can tell because everyone’s dialogue sounds like they are speaking without ever taking a breath.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Reprisal on Hulu was great, imo. Really strong female lead character, interesting weaving storylines, good blend of humor and drama, fun world building, none of the episodes really feel like padding, etc. my wife and I highly recommend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Yea, knives out is a classic and you should watch it right now