Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

1redflag posted:

If you've never given Peep Show a shot, I highly recommend it. It takes an episode or two to get going, but the third season forward is 100% gold.

Peep Show is one of my favourite sitcoms ever made, but a warning to people who haven't seen it before: you will watch at least some of it through your fingers. It perfected cringe comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Fishstick posted:

They should be watching Peep Show instead

This guy gets it. The king of cringe comedy, and one of the best sitcoms ever made.

Plus it has a character called Super Hans, whose every line is solid comedy gold.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I imagine it's only up on UK Netflix, but people should check out PhoneShop.

I remember watching it when it first aired and for some reason, I thought it was terrible, but on rewatch, it's actually great.

Although if you're not good with modern London slang/Jafaican, it's going to seem like an entirely different language.

Kayvan Novak pops up in two episodes and steals the entire show with his ridiculousness.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I still say Shaun of the Dead is a better movie than Hot Fuzz :colbert:

To be fair, there's a hair's width between them.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Just noticed they finally put up the 8th season of Peep Show on netflix.

If anyone hasn't seen it, you NEED it in your life. British sitcom, based around possibly the most socially awkward people ever committed to film.

Some all-time classic comedy moments, but you will watch them through your fingers. Think "British Curb Your Enthusiasm" and you're pretty close.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

syscall girl posted:

Before I finished reading your post I was gonna say CYE (because I'm catching up on it a little late but I'd already seen most of Peep Show) because it's almost physically painful how awkward both shows are.

Paper cuts on the genitals gently soaked in lime juice and yet

I'd say Peep Show goes further than CYE because as far as I know Larry David never accidentally killed a friend's dog and is forced to attempt to eat the partially burned corpse to cover it up.

And remember: That's probably not even the most awkward moment in the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

To round out my terrible opinions: Agents of SHIELD season 2 has been up for a bit. Muscling through the first season was worth it. Bridging the gap with Inhumans is pretty exciting.

I really wanted to love Agents of SHIELD. I really did. But I watched the first three episodes and it feels like every single character is interchangeable. They could have Chinese Fire Drill'd the script, and I'd never notice.