Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Just to clarify, I only have a few discs and I rarely watch, but when I do I just pop them into my roommate's XBox1S. Is it possible to put the apps on that console, and should he or I move out simply remove my accounts from them? If so that seems pretty easy.

Yeah dude just use the xbox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Ineffiable posted:

It's pretty well documented that the early Simpsons had great writers and nobody has had that magic since then or even give an effort.

Like I tried watching the new Halloween special and it feels soulless and by the numbers.

It's almost like the jokes was just created by committee to fulfill an obligation. There's just no passion.

https://youtu.be/KqFNbCcyFkk

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Rolo posted:

That was a good watch and he’s right about the street sweeper joke being, well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdz4bc2LGMM

Perfect.

Yep. And most specifically, that's a joke that simply does not work with a laugh track. There's no pause to fit it in. It isn't just simple Buildup A -> Punchline B.

Instead its a quick rhythm of A -> B -> C -> D and each builds the comedy of the scene bit by bit and flows into the next.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Cowslips Warren posted:

So mom enjoyed Game of Thrones, up until season 5. We tried The Witcher but the loving time skips (without it being labeled as such. Seriously a loving timestamp at the bottom, year 1873 would have saved so much. Same with loving location) did in her interest pretty fast. That and the fact most of the loving names of every city run together.

So what shows are similar to Game of Thrones, but with a good ending?

Rome
Tudors
Borgia
The Borgias
Last Kingdom
Vikings
Spartacus
Marco Polo

Uhhhh....

E: ooh, dark crystal is a good call