Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Everyone who like Snowpiercer should check out this great review:

http://the-toast.net/2015/01/22/meat-processing-professional-reviews-snowpiercer/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The Wire.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Yeah you're basically done.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Who ever thought that Zooey Bartlett would go into show business.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Palpek posted:

Bill Burr's animated show "F is for Family" is legit. The idea is that it's the 70's and the head of the family melts down every episode about something that is a big deal to him. It helps that the main character is voiced by Bill Burr so if you're a fan you're in for a double-ride.

Agreed. This show is currently the best available use of a rainy Saturday afternoon.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
You could just live with the first five seconds not being HD.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

wormil posted:

I seem to remember people saying there is a point where Bojack Horseman gets good, is that during S1 or later? We watched 3 episodes earlier and I don't care if I ever watch another.

That point is during S01E01. Condolences on having bad taste.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Song Exploder is great even if you don't like podcasts.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

om nom nom posted:

Speaking of children's movies, Kubo and the Two Strings was one I found really enjoyable. I don't tend to watch animated/kids movies, my girlfriend does sometimes though. She talked me into this one, and I'm glad she did. It's stop motion and they use origami for some of it, it's very cool visually as well at an engrossing story.

E: Netflix

Kubo is great.

Look up the "making of" stuff on youtube for footage of the huge, ridiculous puppets that they built for that.

edit: Do that after watching it to magnify the shock when you realize how much effort the movie must have taken.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Mammal Sauce posted:

It's like the first time installing it every time you open it with the "wait while we see what you like"-bit. Then, once you're in the most you can get is 1-2 movies per screen while scrolling. I can't wait for the next update to see how they can make it worse.

They hired the guy who made the iPhone music app only show four albums per screen.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Cancel HBO until something worth watching comes on.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

What can you tell me to get me to watch it as someone who watched the first four episodes and hated the crap out of it?

Condolences, there is no hope for you.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Len posted:

I haven't watched it but is there random awkward sex scenes like the book? Gay djinni sex and the stripper that ate a guy with her vagina stand out.

Both

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Actually Season 4 was fine.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I wish they had a "watching reruns" mode where you can pick a bunch of shows and have it play episodes at random until further notice.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

i flunked out posted:

or, just let us make playlists of episodes.

I don't want to choose episodes tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Today I learned that Hulu made a tv series out of High Fidelity, starring Zoe Kravitz as Rob and it comes out tomorrow. Unclear whether this will be the greatest thing ever or whether it will be terrible.