Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

kazil posted:

You should watch Gilmore Girls

Sebastian Bach shows up, and Luke is spongeworthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Opopanax posted:

Boy do I have some good news for you...

What's the good news? The comic or is there something even better happening?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

coyo7e posted:

He didn't have sex with it though, it was for a hazing ritual or some poo poo. That'd be like calling a fraternity member gay because he was sodomized with a broomstick by a group of drunk rich white kids

My barrier to entry for calling someone pig fucker is they willingly make genital contact with a pig. It's not like he was performing some experiment where the outcome of sticking his dick in a pig had results that needed to be measured, the only thing learned is "hey, this guy's willing to stick it in a pig."

Paul McCartney's take on the issue: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A85ipUgy5B4

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

coyo7e posted:

Well if a well-known rock star has an opinion, I must watch this video and go along..?

Also it was a joke but, you're weirdly invested in someone else touching a dead animal with their dick on a dare decades ago

How do you feel about Led Zeppelin's orgy involving a shark they had in their motel room?

If you clicked the video, you'd see it's Paul McCartney telling the sheepfucker joke.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Palpek posted:

Agreed but on the other hand the pilot is full of 4th wall breaks where the nerd character keeps explaining what the characteristics of the slasher genre are and apparently one of them is that you care about the characters' day-to-day lives which makes them being killed impactful. Except they're all annoying whiny assholes. I'm guessing I'm just not the target audience for the series, it seems made for teenagers so I'll just move on to something else.

If a character is saying that you're supposed to care about the day-to-day lives of other characters in a fourth-wall breaking monologue, the writers may very well be invoking "irony." Like, sometimes things will appear not as they are because that's what makes fiction interesting. Scream is still lovely MTV teenage-pandering nonsense, but the writers aren't that unaware of themselves.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

kazil posted:

After big graboids, small graboids, flying graboids and big graboids again, where does the series go? Swimming graboids?

I hope it is shoveoids.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Wilford Cutlery posted:

How soon will the new Game of Thrones be available on hbogo?

Typically HBO shows are meant to be available the minute they start airing. However, when the service has failed it's always been GoT premieres. Might be a few hours.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

kazil posted:

Life was better with only one Jurassic Park

Life is a kickass show no matter what JP franchise is doing.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

[quote="“jodai”" post="“475838116”"]
or an Ebeneezer Scrooge thing.

The Tick was pretty good but I guess they didn’t release all the episodes, so that’s a littlw annoying. The tone and the characters of each one (cartoon, 2001 live action, current) has been so different that if you liked one of them, it’s not guaranteed you will like any of the others.
[/quote]

You’re ignoring the fact that there are also like 5 comic versions of The Tick. Consistency between iterations is antithetical to the series (singular and plural). I like to think that it’s a meta-commentary on the comics industry as a whole, but that’s just my read on it. The Edlund comics are great, at least.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

wormil posted:

Spoiler alert: the main cop dude is a rule breaker, loner, ultra violent, and considered out of control by his fellow cops. Also spoiler alert, cop gets a new partner = every buddy cop show ever. Also, everything I describe happens in like the first 20 minutes or so of the first episode.

He was asking you a question and you ignored the question part to take offense out of context. Neato.

Edit: It’s also not real 80s propaganda, it’s produced recently and with the English overdub intended. However, it is real Romanians speaking Romanian on film.

Edit2: Goat fucker is a detective from a small farming village called Rasinari. probably doesn't need to be spoiled but I really know nothing of the weight of that punchline.

Grassy Knowles has a new favorite as of 14:58 on Aug 29, 2017

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

syscall girl posted:

You haven't seen Battlefield Earth I take it?

Because boooy howdy those camera angles plus blue/orange/blue/orange--woof

e: I missed "motion" in your post but still BE is visually disturbing

I watched battlefield earth once, and i could swear the whole thing was filmed with dutch angles. not a single shot straight-on. wasn’t even ironically entertaining, just nauseating.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Rolo posted:

Just got caught up on the last couple seasons of Walking Dead. Holy god that show sucks now. Like 24 hours worth of tv and nothing happens.

Unlike season 2, where the entire season was in a farm house with half of it being covered by "whats in the barn? Better not look!"

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Olive! posted:

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know if any of the streaming services have the other two movies besides Oldboy in the Vengeance Trilogy? (Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance/Lady Vengeance)

It's not on Prime, Hulu, or Netflix.

Edit: Lady Vengeance is on Prime (with a Tribeca Shortlist subscription)

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Len posted:

I'm pretty sure that's because for some reason nobody cares about the other two movies and it's just Oldboy that matters

I like them but I don't think my DVDs in the storage unit will help much here

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

om nom nom posted:

I can't wait for season 2 on Netflix, since I don't have cable. Although it's either still running new episodes or just ended, so we've probably got a long wait.

It's on broadcast, if you have an nbc affiliate you can get it via antenna

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I decided to watch that Fyre documentary and near the end, after the festival didn't happen and they're back in their offices on a conference call, one guy essentially says "What we did was basically fraud" and Ja Rule replies "No! No it's not!"

That pregnant pause after he says that, with everybody silent, really hits like a hammer. I was surprised to see that Ja Rule partnered with one of the other guys to create Iconn. I also learned that there's another Fyre documentary on Hulu.

The Fyre documentary on Hulu is both great and throws mad shade at jerry media who put together the Netflix doc with Vice (and the developers of the Fyre advertising campaign), worth watching both for sure.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

Binged through Living With Yourself with Paul Rudd on Netflix. It was pretty good, not great but I was really impressed with them having 2 Paul Rudd's on the screen at the same time. Normally it looks off somehow but there's several scenes where you just kinda forget that there's not really 2 Rudd's.

Do I have a surprise for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

oldpainless posted:

Hulu now has Wings

Like the one where you wonder if the Hackett Brothers are going to be able to “Hackett” in the airline industry?