Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It's been on Netflix as long as I can remember, but I just watched Bad Santa for the first time in several years and it's still hilarious. I wish Billy Bob Thornton was my father figure/burglar Santa. Keep an eye out for a scene featuring the dude who played Neelix on Voyager.

syscall girl posted:

Weak.

I remember liking the Clerks cartoon. Since it was cancelled pretty quickly you could marathon the DVD in like 2-3 hours.

It had a lot of good gags.

The Clerks cartoon is probably the best thing Kevin Smith made, because he had a shitload of people controlling his output and editing him. I'm going to say it: Kevin Smith is the George Lucas of comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I, Frankenstein is probably the funniest movie I've seen all year. One of the first scenes is a montage of Frankenstein doing martial arts training in the woods. And of course, he wears a trench coat and fingerless gloves through most of the movie.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rolo posted:

Hot Fuzz is up. A good movie that keeps giving the more times you watch it.

Finally watched this after years of meaning to watch it, and thought it was loving amazing. Now I have to watch Shaun of the Dead and The World's End.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
In case you were tired of people posting good movies, all six of the original Leprechaun movies are up, as is the classic animated film Bebe's Kids.

I still have to watch Leprechaun 6: Back 2 Tha Hood, but I saw a clip on Youtube where the Leprechaun stabs someone to death with a bong.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Just watched a few episodes of The Birthday Boys, definitely a strong recommend if you like sketch comedy.

coyo7e posted:

Pretty sure that was the third? And iirc it was a Wayans brother or something? I haven't seen the space one yet though.

Leprechaun 3 is the one where he's in Vegas, 4 is space, 5 and 6 are in the hood. 7 is a reboot starring Hornswaggle from the WWE instead of Warwick Davis.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Crunkjuice posted:

Anyone got any good recommendations on some horror flicks? I'm not opposed to gore, but straight slasher flicks bore me. Monster, psychological, demon stuff are usually my favorites. Loved insidious and cabin in the woods (not horror really I know), absolutely loved american horror story (just watched for the first time).

I really liked Re-Animator, it's an H.P. Lovecraft story reimagined as an 80s college movie. The guy who plays Herbert West loving nails it.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Werner-Boogle posted:

I need your help thread. This weekend I'm gonna be doing 3 consecutive 9 hour night shifts where I will have nothing to do. It's basically gonna be 27 hours of just me and my computer so I was thinking of just binging on a show to keep me awake. I have access to Netflix and HBO Nordic which to my knowledge has pretty much every HBO series.

Due to studies and having a kid I haven't really watched a lot of TV shows the last few years, so just throw whatever you really like at me. Even stuff you think that EVERYONE has seen, I'm pretty sure I haven't seen it. I have seen Breaking Bad though as the only recent and majorly popular show that springs to mind.

Also, I was thinking of watching that movie Nightcrawler since I hear it's very good. Yay or nay?

Twin Peaks will probably run around 27 hours. Also Netflix has all of the Star Trek TV shows, any of which are well over 27 hours so take your pick. Also there are worse ways to spend your time than 27 hours of X-Files.

If you want something newer, It's Always Sunny in Phildelphia has 8 or 9 seasons on Netflix.

Comedy option: get incredibly high and marathon Garfield and Friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TV Zombie posted:

Watching Case Closed pn Netflix and watching it reminds me of why the series is such a classic. I just hope/wish that the last episode of the collection has a resolution so that Conan can finally turn back into a teenage boy again.

Meanwhile, Crunchyroll has the current episodes of Case Closed on it (only going back 100 episodes or so, unfortunately), and they're almost 900 episodes in and from looking at the thumbnails he's still in a little kid body.

To give my own recommendation, Crunchyroll is also simulcasting the Junji Ito Collection, which I can recommend to anyone who likes Japanese horror.