Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I watched it on a trans-Atlantic flight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I watched it last night, it was the first of the Bay TF movies I've seen :/

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Yeah, I watched it last night on Amazon and the dialog was whisper quiet while the special effects were at 11. It was nominated for Best Sound Mixing and Best Sound Editing.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

How soon will the new Game of Thrones be available on hbogo?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Groupon has a free 45-day trial of the Hulu Limited Commercials plan. If I have a smart Blu-Ray player with the Hulu Plus app, could I use that to play from this trial plan?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I decided to watch that Fyre documentary and near the end, after the festival didn't happen and they're back in their offices on a conference call, one guy essentially says "What we did was basically fraud" and Ja Rule replies "No! No it's not!"

That pregnant pause after he says that, with everybody silent, really hits like a hammer. I was surprised to see that Ja Rule partnered with one of the other guys to create Iconn. I also learned that there's another Fyre documentary on Hulu.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Yeah I saw the 1st ep of I Think You Should Leave and while I liked the girls in the cafe sketch, the rest of it felt like a lot of poop jokes.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Finished watching Chernobyl on HBO. I recognized the prosecutor in the last episode, but I couldn't place him. I thought, "Gee, Coach is looking Poltergeist young there!" Turns out it's the Roose Bolton actor from GoT.

I'd love to find out the song played during the end of the last episode. I'd search it but I'm about to drift off to sleep.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I finished season 6 of Letterkenny this week and I'm going to see them live later this month.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

So what's the preferred plug-in streaming device? My smart TV is several years old, Netflix still works but Hulu crashes often and the Amazon video app no longer works. It's a great TV but aside from its smart apps, all I have are a couple of even older Blu-Ray players and I'm not sure it's worth trying to see if their apps are still any good.

I'm considering getting Disney+ (Brad's Deals has a deal for that+Hulu+ESPN+ for $13/mo) so I'll need to be able to add apps as needed. So what's the breakdown between a Roku, AppleTV, and anything else?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Just to clarify, I only have a few discs and I rarely watch, but when I do I just pop them into my roommate's XBox1S. Is it possible to put the apps on that console, and should he or I move out simply remove my accounts from them? If so that seems pretty easy.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Cross-posting from the HDTV thread:

Anyone have experience with (or know anything about) the Xfinity Flex? I got an email from them saying I can have one (with a voice remote) for free, included with my internet service. My roommate is moving out and obviously taking his XBox with him, so I was thinking of ordering a Roku but is this just as good? Or a hard pass?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

TITANKISSER69 posted:

Cross-posting from the HDTV thread:

Anyone have experience with (or know anything about) the Xfinity Flex? I got an email from them saying I can have one (with a voice remote) for free, included with my internet service. My roommate is moving out and obviously taking his XBox with him, so I was thinking of ordering a Roku but is this just as good? Or a hard pass?

Got it tonight and set it up. Some brief observations:

Pros:
- It's free
- Free sub to Peacock Premium

Cons
- No Disney+ or CBS All Access (not really surprising)
- HBO only available via Comcast sub (I recently cut cable and switched to HBO Now)

During the initial setup I asked to name it, so I took the first suggestion "Living Room". I found the device's response to the remote to be laggy. Also Netflix would crash when launching, and Amazon Prime Video would freeze when trying to load.

There's a settings menu at the very bottom of the main page with a restart option buried in it, after restarting the device its response time to the remote was way better. I had to name it again and it became "Living Room 2". All the apps I already signed into were still signed in, and I was able to get both Netflix and Prime working with no issues.

I'd love to find out if the Xfinity remote it comes with will work with my trusty old Logitech Z-5500s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Can an Apple TV 3rd gen be jailbroken? I've seen conflicting info about it.