Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I introduced my girlfriend to the show Chuck on Netflix a few months ago, and she loved it. It's been great revisiting such a fun show with such a great selection of music in it. If you like spy stuff, fun action, touching moments, guns, and pretty people , give it a shot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Edminster posted:

I believe you will find that Bunraku is not a kung-fu movie but instead a musical, where the singing has been wholly replaced by punching dudes in the face real hard.

it's also really incredibly good, definitely watch it.
I agree, this is a fun movie.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Crow Jane posted:

So my month-long, virginal Sopranos binge is coming to a close.

What the hell do I watch after this?

Justified!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Tim Burton's Batman, Roadhouse, and the Warriors are all up!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Season 2 of Daredevil just went up at 3am EST today. Made it through 3 episodes before work, and so far, it's awesome!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Clinton1011 posted:

It might just be because I just finished watching the arrow and the flash (both on netflix) but the 2nd season of DD is far better then those shows and in my opinion one of the best super heroes shows I have ever seen. I think I could say one of the best shows in general that I have ever watched.

Besides Jessica Jones are there other super hero shows that people feel are better then DD s2? I'm going to need my fix once I'm done binging through this season.

I've heard good things about Agent Carter and Agents of SHIELD, but I've never watched either one.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

coyo7e posted:

No, crass blue collar comedies from that era are garbage. Why would you expect it to hold up?

Try Married, With Children next up and let us know how great it used to be when you were 20-30 years younger.

Holy poo poo, is this ever true. I was getting ready for work the other day and noticed that MwC was on, and thought "Oh, neat!" I made it through about five minutes before I couldn't handle it anymore.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Season 3 of Peaky Blinders is up on Netflix!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Crow Jane posted:

As much as a show starring Cillian Murphy, with Nick Cave songs on the soundtrack, is theoretically completely up my alley, I couldn't get into the first couple episodes. Worth another shot?

I really enjoy it. The second season has Tom Hardy in it, as well. If you don't have anything else you desperately wanna watch, maybe give it a few more episodes.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

I think I've posted this before, but the entirety of Justified is on Prime, and it you haven't seen it, holy poo poo you are missing out.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

I'm sure most of you know already. I've owned the movie multiple times over, but I'm super excited to be watching Big Trouble In Little China on Netflix right now!

Y'know what ole Jack Burton says at a time like this...

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Atticus_1354 posted:

Yippie-Ki-Yay MotherFucker?

The check is in the mail.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Watched Hush on Netflix the other night, actually liked it.

Is Stranger Things good Halloween-watching material?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

best bale posted:

Did you like the pilot episode? I love the tick and really want to love this show but for me the pilot was pretty meh. I'm hoping the humor ramped up.

Unrelated but I started watching Norsemen from thread's recommendation and love it! The description doesn't give comedy vibe at all so I would have never watched it otherwise. Thanks!

So is Norsemen a comedy version of Vikings?

Also, has anyone watched Frontier? I started it last night but was kinda bored by the second episode.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

best bale posted:

Yeah, but with the gore and Vikings viking'ing still intact. I would say it's closer to The Office or 30 Rock than pure parody.

I'm only on your second episode, but Norsemen is great so far!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

I Brake For MILFs posted:

Ya, Norsemen is absolutely great. It's only 6 episodes long which sucks, but from what I understand they are already filming a second season.

My favorite part: The Roman guy asking for his cape back and the Viking digs a little bit of poo poo out of his rear end with a finger and proceeds to brush the Roman's teeth with it. The actor who played the Roman did such a good job I almost threw up twice watching that.

Oh god, that loving scene!

Season 2 starts in November.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Been binging my way through The Unbreakable Kimmie Schmidt. It's pretty fun!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Rolo posted:

I'm trying to watch Star Trek: Beyond on prime and this might be the first movie to ever make me motion sick.

It's like they filmed it on a vibrator.

Excuse me, madam/sir! I believe you mean Fast and Furious in Space!

All told, would have been an enjoyable sci-fi movie if it wasn't a Star Trek movie.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Has anyone watched The Last Kingdom? I just started it and I like it so far. Does it hold up over the seasons?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

It's no vikings, but definitely worth a watch for season 1, I keep forgetting to watch season 2, although I will, with vikings I was pumped for each episode.

Watch norseman, for the sitcom Monty Python take on the genre.

I guess I too would like the answer to your question

Oh, I'm all caught up with Vikings and Norsemen. I'm liking Last Kingdom so far, although the character I liked best died. ☹️

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

My wife and I binged the entirety of season 1 of Stranger Things last night. Holy poo poo, it's so good. If you haven't watched it yet, do it!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Pendragon posted:

I tried it out. Made it through the second episode before I realized I was just waiting for them to figure out the important stuff. Does it get better?

I very much think so.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

jodai posted:

Bright is the perfect Netflix movie in that if you're doing something else while it's on, it seems like a decent movie. If I had gone to a theater and watched it, I probably would be irritated. As it is, it's a mess of a movie. One of the main plot points is everyone hates orcs but it's later revealed that an orc united the 9 races and led them against "the Dark One". It's been said before but it might have worked better as a mini series, it seems like there were a lot of ideas that required viewers to fill in the blanks.

Agreed. I watched it on hydrocodone an hour after getting my wisdom teeth taken out. It was fine for that. Thinking back, a lot of parts make me cringe.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

TV Zombie posted:

It's probably going to be a while until the next season comes out.

Watching Season 4 of British Baking Show and it's ...addicting. The contestants are not really ruthless with each other, even though it's a competition which is a breath of fresh air compared to American Variety shows.

It's so much fun to watch. I wish there were more episodes on Netflix.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Inspector 34 posted:

I think in season 5 they started replacing some if the wordplay stuff with music. Like fight, chase, montages set to music and no dialog for minutes at a time. It was really weird, but the music is typically really good and I got used to it after a while. Season 6 was by far the weakest for me, don't think they got more than a chuckle out of me until like episode 5 or 6 that season.

Season 7 fell the flat est for my wife and I. The whole call-in Ag show just dragged and was dull. Newest season was a return to previous reasons, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

See, I didn't like much of Season 8 because of the whole boyfriend character and storyline. It seems so out of place for Katy to be in a serious relationship with someone like that, as she's shown as smart, confident, and strong throughout the whole series.

I didn't mind the Ag show, really. And I agree with the person upthread that said the Spelling Bee episode was fantastic.

Yeah, the whole thing with Katy was weird for sure.