Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Hey, gently caress you, pal.

This thread will get an appropriate tag when That Mitchell and Webb Look is available on Netflix Streaming again. Peep Show is an alright substitute, though...to complement the holiday season, I recommend S7E5 "Season Beatings".

That Mitchell and Webb Look is available on Netflix UK, along with other gems like Black Books, Utopia and Black Mirror. If you have a netflix US (non-DVD) sub, you can use Hola (hola.org) or any other location-spoofing method to watch those. Utopia and Black Mirror alone are worth the hassle, quality miniseries. Black books & Mitchell and Webb are just bonuses at that point.

Utopia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdfJNIMGXx4

Fishstick has a new favorite as of 01:10 on Nov 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

syscall girl posted:

At some point Bill Paxton joins the cast. I remember his eps being pretty decent.

Yeah, agents of Shield improves a lot about halfway through the first season. Season 2 has been fairly good imo as well.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

syscall girl posted:

Mostly just wanted to post a thank you for that hola.org suggestion. I can watch old eps of QI now on youtube. :tipshat:

If you're using hola you can watch all the eps of QI on Netflix UK

Edit: Whoops i just noticed the QI series on UK Netflix start at series 6.

Fishstick has a new favorite as of 13:02 on Nov 28, 2014

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

They also just added a bunch of the older Bond movies

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

The Machine is a pretty great British scifi movie with pretty high production values, good effects and a bitchin' soundtrack. The scene style and soundtrack is very reminiscent of those great 80's scifi movies

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Vitamins posted:

I thought you were joking about this but I just watched that episode and Jesus you weren't kidding. :stonklol:

White bear is for me the single best episode in Black Mirror, followed very closely by National Anthem. I hope you stuck around for the after-credits scenes.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

I started watching MASH. I somehow blocked it out that there's a black guy called "Spearchucker".

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

They should be watching Peep Show instead

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Len posted:

Started watching it this morning and yeah agreed this is pretty drat good. I'm on episode 7 or 8 already and I'm looking forward to finishing it tonight.

This was way better than I expected, I ended up bingewatching the season over the weekend and was glad to see Netflix already ordered Season 2 on the spot.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

If you've got 2 hours to spare and don't mind subtitles, Admiral: Roaring Currents was much better of a movie than I expected. Think of it like the korean naval version of 300. If you liked Red Cliff you might enjoy this too.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Cowslips Warren posted:

So mom enjoyed Game of Thrones, up until season 5. We tried The Witcher but the loving time skips (without it being labeled as such. Seriously a loving timestamp at the bottom, year 1873 would have saved so much. Same with loving location) did in her interest pretty fast. That and the fact most of the loving names of every city run together.

So what shows are similar to Game of Thrones, but with a good ending?

Vikings? Spartacus is good but tonally very different, it's super campy and ridiculous but that's also exactly what makes it worth watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Rolo posted:

Anything to watch the spelling bee episode again. The hockey boys had me crying.

Iv' been hearing good things about LetterKenny, is it enjoyable if you know nothing about canadian stereotypes and such?