Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

coyo7e posted:

Night Breed - the first movie wasn't amazing but I liked the world and wanted to spend more time with it.

There's an ongoing comic that does just that. There's also an older Night Breed comic that has the same plot as the movie except it looks better and makes more sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

Crunkjuice posted:

Anyone got any good recommendations on some horror flicks? I'm not opposed to gore, but straight slasher flicks bore me. Monster, psychological, demon stuff are usually my favorites. Loved insidious and cabin in the woods (not horror really I know), absolutely loved american horror story (just watched for the first time).

Trick 'r Treat

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

coyo7e posted:

Lead crazy guy is Captain America, iirc. I thought that added a nice whiff of fourth wall.

Nope, Dan Stevens http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1405398/?ref_=tt_cl_t1
is not Chris Evans http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0262635/

There's at least a resemblance this time, but sometimes I wonder if you guys used to run up and call anyone with vaguely the same hair color "Dad" when you were little.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Dan Steven's performance is reminiscent of Chris Evans's Captain America, though.

I might have to watch it again but I would think that's only the writing and a few both literal and figurative nods. He played the character a little creepy/wrong from "the all American soldier" even in his very first scene. The only reason he's welcomed into the home is the void their loss has left them.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

jodai posted:

Monster Squad is on Netflix. It's an 80s movie where a bunch of kids fight Dracula and some other monsters. I had not seen it before and it's pretty fun.

I love this movie. It's not just some other monsters it's all of the old school universal monsters. It's also kind of self aware because the kids are horror movie buffs so they ask the important questions like can you kill a werewolf without silver? Does Dracula like pizza? and most importantly, Does wolfman have nards? Nope. Hell no. He does!