Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Deadite posted:

The Guest was just added. If you liked You're Next you should watch this

I'm about halfway through it and I'm digging it. It's like Fear meets Funny Games. Lead crazy guy is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Calico Heart posted:

I didn't have a problem with it being dark, I had a problem with it being monumentally unfunny.

It does get very good, the first few episodes are just painfully forced character development. I never get excited over shows but I'm totally ready for season 3.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Turtlicious posted:

It probably has a lot to do with taste being subjective...

This needs to be in the OP of every PYF thread.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Tremors loving 5.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I'll let you know in another hour and fifteen.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Heck I'm thinking of cancelling all of my streaming stuff for 6 months to give this poo poo some time to repopulate. It's been like four months since something came on that made me say "oh, cool."

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Ok sure, I'll check it out.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
They added Interstellar to Hulu.

I never heard feedback on the movie one way or another, but I have to say I was surprised with how much I liked it.

Christopher Nolan makes good space movies.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I watched it on a tiny Vizio with built in speakers so it was nothing noticeable, heard everything at a normal level.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I never was a comic book person, but I grew up watching the animated Batman and Superman cartoons (because they ruled) and I gotta say that The Flashpoint Paradox was a lot more hosed up than I was expecting. That poo poo is dark. I mean geez.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
New season of Archer is up. Not great, but a thousand times better than Archer Vice was.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

ninjahedgehog posted:

Holy poo poo you guys, Jurassic Park!

The T-Rex roar in the first movie is forever my favorite example of movie effects. It is so drat amazing with a decent sound system.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
The sound downgrade ruined the sequels more than... Well... Everything else.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

jodai posted:

Hey the live action Jungle Book is on Netflix and it is pretty good. I really did not expect to like it very much but it's pretty good.

The new live action jungle book or the old live action jungle book?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Inzombiac posted:

New one. It's pretty good.

I liked it. End credits were so great too.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I've been using it as background noise while I eat or dick around with my phone.

I honestly like it more than the most recent Archer seasons. Nowhere near as good as early Archer, though.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Speaking of shows you avoid watching but then end up getting into, I finally gave Netflix's F is for Family a try. Somehow I thought it'd just be a bad Family Guy ripoff, and I hated the one episode of Brickleberry I watched so was already cartoon-shy.

I'm really getting into F now though; it's a dark-but-sweet comedy about lower-middle-class suburban life in the 1970s. If I had to draw a comparison, maybe it's a cross between Rugrats and Bojack?

You're in charge, if anything happens to her just call me and I'll come right home... and put you through that fuckin wall.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Jane the Virgin is some of the most hilarious TV I've seen in ages. (Netflix)

It's a telenovela on steroids, played mostly seriously but clearly meant to ape the genre. Don't be scared off by "telenovela;" it's very accessible if your first language is English and I don't mean in a "just read the subtitles" way. A vast majority of the dialogue is in English and even if you don't speak a word of Spanish, it's clear from the context what the Spanish lines are.

I don't want to spoil too much but the premise is laid out in the first seconds of the show--Jane was waiting to have sex until she was married, and during a routine gynecological exam, her doctor confuses her for another patient and artificially inseminates her instead of doing a simple exam.

What follows is an amalgamation of every telenovela ever, except with the intensity turned to 11. Betrayals, evil twins, characters disappearing for episodes and then coming back inexplicably, etc., and all of it is narrated by the excessively talented Anthony Mendez in real time.

It's amazing.

A friend from college works on that show and posts about it on Facebook all the time. It looks good and I hope it does well, he's a cool dude.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Kickboxer: Vengeance was a C- movie with A+ credits.

Watch it for the credits.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Davinci posted:

I started watching this and got bad motion sickness. Couldn't make it ten minutes in because as soon as any action happened the camera sways like it's on a boat, and there are so, so many quick split second cuts between different angles.

Yeah I don't get motion sick but I definitely noticed how insanely jerky this movie was.

For substance that is speaking of which, here's a cool 10 minute documentary on good action movie fight sequences for those that somehow haven't seen it here yet:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1PCtIaM_GQ

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

a kitten posted:

It Follows just showed up on netflix and everyone should watch it if you want a good movie that is also pretty scary.

This movie is tapping into serious fears/nightmares I had when I was very young that I had outgrown and forgotten about.

I'm halfway through and this is the first horror movie to legit scare me in a long time. I love it.

E: the second half it gets more predictable and less scary. Still good movie, recent stuff considered.

Rolo has a new favorite as of 05:43 on Jan 18, 2017

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I had somehow never seen Good Will Hunting until recently on Netflix.

I really really like that movie.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

If you're not big into anime, I'd skip this. I tried it because the graphics looked neat and it got good reviews, but it is just a bunch of cliche anime with a dull story, badly drawn out dialogue and, of course, a giant breasted real-doll character that at some point has some guy yelling "drat check them tits, wow!"

I think liking Castle of Cagliostro a whole lot while that was on Netflix just gave me too much hope for anime.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Oldstench posted:

Buncha MST3K coming to Netflix on April 14th.

Catalina Caper
Eegah!
Future War
The Giant Gila Monster
Hercules Against The Moon Men
Horrors Of Spider Island
I Accuse My Parents
Jack Frost
Laserblast
Manos: The Hands Of Fate
Merlin’s Shop Of Mystical Wonders
Pod People
Puma Man
Santa Claus Conquers The Martians
Sidehackers
Space Mutiny
Teenagers From Outer Space
Time Chasers
Werewolf
Zombie Nightmare

poo poo yesssssss

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Oldstench posted:

Buncha MST3K coming to Netflix on April 14th.

Catalina Caper
Eegah!
Future War
The Giant Gila Monster
Hercules Against The Moon Men
Horrors Of Spider Island
I Accuse My Parents
Jack Frost
Laserblast
Manos: The Hands Of Fate
Merlin’s Shop Of Mystical Wonders
Pod People
Puma Man
Santa Claus Conquers The Martians
Sidehackers
Space Mutiny
Teenagers From Outer Space
Time Chasers
Werewolf
Zombie Nightmare

These are up now, I'm currently watching Space Mutiny. It's different than it used to be in that it's handled as a show now, so it has episodes inside of one single Netflix entry instead of 20 separate movies. This is a good thing in that certain episodes won't slip through the cracks while browsing Netflix's sometimes-dumb menu system.

April 14 is when the :siren:NEW EPISODES:siren: are released.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Bummer no Final Sacrifice or The Atomic Brain, but they do have Manos, Pod People, Space Mutiny and I Accuse my Parents.

Surprisingly, I haven't seen like 10 of these newly added ones, any nuggets?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I still think Breaking Bad ended one season too late :colbert:

After Gus, I didn't give a drat about shallow 'sons of anarchy' knock off villain.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Archer season +1 is up. Honestly I think it's time to end the show. The whole season was, like the last one, completely forgettable.

Sucks cause I loved the first few seasons.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
And the new MST3K has Patton Oswald as TV's Frank!!

I was a little disappointed that the robot voices obviously aren't the same, but the corniness of the first bit of the first episode was perfect, considering how hard the style of the show must be to reproduce in 2017. I always loved the old ones, but seeing a brand new episode is getting me more hyped than I thought it would.

Yay!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Deadite posted:

I'm kind of split on the new MST3K. I think some of the jokes are great, but there are just so many jokes all the time that after a while it's just hard to pay attention. I'm halfway through Cry Wilderness and people have said that the riffing slows down, so I think I will stick with it.

So far though it seems like they thought every moment in the movies needs a riff, and the good jokes are getting lost in a sea of okay ones.

I have liked the skits so far though

This is exactly my first disappointment with the new series. Ep1 was good, but Cry Wilderness had them each talking way too much about the simplest thing, which kinda ruined it. Hopefully ep3 is better.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Bojack Horseman has become my background noise of choice after already going through it a couple times. Aside from it being a really good show, I can't go through it without picking up a stupid animal pun I missed before.

This most current duh moment was the nostalgic 50's diner with servers Marlin Brando and Lu-seal Ball.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Norm to me is funnier when it's situational, like a conversation he's having. His standup is just not that great to me because he doesn't have someone to rebound off of.

I say that while believing he's the funniest man alive.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
F is for Family season 2 is on Netflix. I'm halfway through it and I'm liking it more than the first season.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

wormil posted:

Took me a few episodes to get into S1 but I really liked it. And I agree, S2 is even better so far. (I'm only a few episodes in)

I just finished it, the ending of the last episode is absolutely incredible.

No spoilers, report back.

E: and Smokey is the best boss ever portrayed on television.

Rolo has a new favorite as of 04:47 on Jun 1, 2017

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I'm not that into Disney princess movies but Moana is definitely worth a watch. I loved the music.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Don't watch The Cave. It got all these stars on Netflix and initially has a high budget feel to it, but it's terrible.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I'm late to the party but I'm 4 episodes into Glow and I'm really liking it. The girl I'm probably supposed to hate is my favorite thus far.

There's drugs in the loving robot?!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

I Brake For MILFs posted:

The best part of that show is that you really don't end up hating anyone. Eventually everyone on the show does something redeemable for themselves.

"It's not dog years, it's wolf years, we looked it up!"

:3:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Sing was a pretty charming little movie. Didn't quite have the draw of a Pixar or Disney movie, but it was better than I thought it'd be.

Their cover of Elton John's "I'm Still Standing" was really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I'm trying to watch Star Trek: Beyond on prime and this might be the first movie to ever make me motion sick.

It's like they filmed it on a vibrator.