Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
BoJack final season part 1 dropped today.

It was good. Dividing the last season so I wait 3 more months before getting to cancel Netflix forever isn’t.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

mysterious frankie posted:

Cable is absolutely worse. Whenever I travel for work and stay in hotels I am reminded of this fact. My best options are Office marathons, Parks & Rec marathons or Impractical Jokers marathons, each of which are regularly interrupted by massive slabs of commercials tailored to the kinds of freaks that still watch cable. Say what you want about streaming services but cable has gotten mad spooky.

Yeah I travel for work and spend 5-15 days a month in hotels. It’s probably been 2 years since I’ve even turned the TV on because I just can’t handle another 8 straight episodes of Family Guy with the same 5 insurance commercials playing over and over.

It’s torture.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Len posted:

These episodes are so good. Like holy poo poo

About Bojack

Yeah they definitely hooked me and I’m curious how they’re going to resolve it or I guess just kill everyone in 8 final episodes.

The new intro is awesome too.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Len posted:

That's not even touching on how some channels speed up shows and movies to fit more commercials

I was about to say! I was sitting somewhere with a TV on and I noticed it when I wasn’t even watching the thing. The intro will play at like 1.5 when it’s just music, 1.3 when there’s words, then the whole episode plays at like 1.1. It sounded so weird until I realized it was on purpose. This is between the same car insurance commercials every 5 minutes.

We have break rooms we use at work when we’re sitting, and it usually goes:

“Wanna watch something?”
“I’d rather leave it off if it doesn’t matter.”
*puts on two hours of Two and a Half Men.*

It’s like boomer crack.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Got a Disney+ trial so I figured I’d get caught up on the last 10 or so years of Simpson’s I missed.

I know the old seasons are considered the best but this is downright terrible, even as background noise. Decided to skip through and just watch the Halloween specials and I can’t do that either.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

That was a good watch and he’s right about the street sweeper joke being, well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdz4bc2LGMM

Perfect.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Letterkenny might be my favorite show ever.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Dr. Kayak Paddle posted:

Re watch it, you’ll find more funny I think I’ve watched it all 3 times

Anything to watch the spelling bee episode again. The hockey boys had me crying.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Fishstick posted:

Iv' been hearing good things about LetterKenny, is it enjoyable if you know nothing about canadian stereotypes and such?

Yes because like me you’ll start off completely in the dark and slowly pick up more and more.

Like said it takes a little to find its footing but the characters are some of the best on tv, especially Riley and Jonesy.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
gently caress you, Shoresy!

*fart*

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

And I agree with the person upthread that said the Spelling Bee episode was fantastic.

“Riley and Jonesy can’t spell for poo poo!”

“loving idiots!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Nothing on Netflix had been wowing me lately but The Queen’s Gambit was fantastic.