Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Vriess posted:

Robocop (2014) went on Netflix Instant.

I really don't want to watch it.

I watched it and then immediately watched the original to wash the taste out of my mouth.

More important than stupid remakes, Robocop and Robocop 2 are both on Netflix and are both still excellent for all the right reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Boywhiz88 posted:

What version of Hot Fuzz are you watching where no one gets maimed!?

Well, no one who didn't deserve it at least.

Did you see that spelling? Unforgivable.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Crunkjuice posted:

Anyone got any good recommendations on some horror flicks? I'm not opposed to gore, but straight slasher flicks bore me. Monster, psychological, demon stuff are usually my favorites. Loved insidious and cabin in the woods (not horror really I know), absolutely loved american horror story (just watched for the first time).

Not all of it will appeal, but V/H/S has some good bits if you don't mind found footage films. There's also The Taking of Deborah Logan which is alright, and Frankenstein's Army which is a decent found footage monster movie.

But The Babadook is the right answer.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

If you're looking for a surprisingly good horror flick, Last Shift just popped up on my recommended list. Pretty good for such a tired premise (Police/security guard is alone for the night, spoooky things happen)!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

ExCruceLeo posted:

Jessica Jones is good so far. I'm like 5 eps in.

Its got some great stuff going on later, but I felt the finale was a bit weak. Overall a fantastic ride though, and David Tennant plays a crazy villain well.

So hype for Luke Cage now it's not even funny. The actor they got for him is great.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Vaginaface posted:

I'm seconding this. The writers do a really good job of being self-aware with the campy parts, and will often make fun of it themselves.

Thirding this. Its really a series where the supporting cast shines. Elliot is the biggest, gayest treasure and I really hope there's a lot more of him in season 2.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Yeah Castlevania definitely felt like the first arc of a larger series. With eight more episodes coming down the pipe things should be better.

I actually kind of liked the first season but it did drag and liger on some things over long. Yes I get it Trevor is reluctant and drunk. Okay cool the priests are dicks. The introductory bits with Dracula were cool though, he felt like an actual threat instead of a dude that sits in a castle all day.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Nthing Norsemen, it's fantastic. To make it more impressive I did a bit of digging and found out they filmed each scene twice, once in Norwegian and once in English to avoid the need for subtitles. Now that's goddamn dedication, both by the actors and the writers to make sure the script flowed well and kept its humor in both languages.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Bug Squash posted:

I think it's actually bad, especially the animation and voice acting, but goddamn if I'm not going to watch the whole thing and enjoy myself the whole time.

I think it helps to image you're just reading a Warren Ellis comic rather than a cartoon.

The animation is okay but goddamn I have never heard Peter Stormare phone something in as hard as he did here.

Overall I liked it a lot and the ending was pretty good while setting up another season, but it really did veer hardcore into Ellis Dialog pretty frequently. Which isn't a bad thing, it's just really obvious when it does.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I'm only just now starting the third episode, but Umbrella Academy, a Netflix original based on a comic series, is out now and it's pretty tops. It captures a lot of the weirdness of the comics without being so... overtly B-movie cheesy about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I really liked the redneck mechs fighting aliens but I’m a sucker for that sort of juxtaposition. I’m struggling to remember half of the shorts otherwise.