Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Bill Burr: I'm Sorry You Feel That Way hit Netflix yesterday, and it's pretty drat funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Rolo posted:

I definitely wouldn't have watched Brick Mansions if I knew it was a shot for shot remake of Paul Walker's career dying.

Why, does he die in a car at the end of the movie? That's too bad, the action in the trailer made it look entertaining enough.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Crow Jane posted:

Hot Fuzz is just really, really satisfying to watch. It's incredibly smartly constructed, funny as hell, and really loving exciting as well. I'd *almost* go so far as to say it's more or less a perfect movie.

This is no joke. I always find something new with each watch. This time, during the crime scene in the rain, I noticed Frost has a protective cover over his tiny cowboy hat. Amazing.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Len posted:

Which movie?

Passion of the Christ. It said Jesus dies.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Deadite posted:

I loved Jurassic Park when I was a kid, but Tremors scared the poo poo out of me

gently caress you graboids

What's it like to be a total wuss baby? I sat in the front row by myself (my parents were a few rows back, duh) at age 25 to watch Tremors and fuckin' loved it.
:smug:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
If you have any love for cop/tac team/firefighters/whatever solving intense situations type of shows, check out Flashpoint. I finally finished season 5 (the final season) this week and it was fantastic. It's about a Special Response Unit group with a great dynamic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

flosofl posted:

Been on a Martial Arts binge lately, and just watched Man of Tai Chi, Keanu Reeves' directorial debut, on Netflix. I enjoyed it far more than I thought I would.

I've got Ip Man: The Final Fight on deck, but it isn't in the Donnie Yen Ip Man continuity (I can't wait for the third one to come out), so we'll see.

Any goons have good recommendations? I've seen the usual ones and I'm looking for more off the beaten path.

Kung Fu Hustle - although sillier, it's great.

Edit: Not martial arts (but some fight scenes in a great setting), and also not well known (at least I had never heard of it before seeing it on Netflix): Snowpiercer

Ragequit has a new favorite as of 04:24 on Jul 15, 2015