Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

M42 posted:

2 huevos
1 rancheros

Excuse me, I had the recipe wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

Everybody's gotta learn sometime

A small apple cranberry pie

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Tried my hand at ramen tonight... not many good vegetarian friendly recipes so I kinda winged it after looking through the only decent ones I found.

Broth was white miso, shiitake/kombu dashi, and soy milk.
Made a tare with sesame oil, garlic, ginger, scallion, doubanjiang, tahini, soy sauce and chili oil.
Sprinkled schichimi togarashi on top which is probably my new favorite spice.

Noodles themselves were definitely a little bland but I guess I shouldn't expect much from a $1.50 pack of dried noodles.

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

poo poo, that looks delicious!

I made a Sunday lasagne ie to supply leftovers for lunch during the week

Garlic kale & parmesan bechamel, roast delicata squash, red sauce and ricotta on top.

angor
Nov 14, 2003
teen angst

sweat poteto posted:

poo poo, that looks delicious!

I made a Sunday lasagne ie to supply leftovers for lunch during the week

Garlic kale & parmesan bechamel, roast delicata squash, red sauce and ricotta on top.

Lasagne! Now I know exactly what I'm doing with the ton of free beet greens I got over the weekend :)

The Doctor
Jul 8, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot:
Fallen Rib

sweat poteto posted:

A small apple cranberry pie

That is a beautiful pie.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Made this over the weekend. So god drat good.

Before the kitchen cataclysm

MEAT

Pancetta + butter

Veggies added

After several hours in the oven

This was all done Saturday evening so it could intensify overnight. My wife flew back in on Sunday afternoon from visiting NYC and brought back homemade ravioli from Little Italy... they were divine.

(Poor messy plating cell phone pic whatever I don't care I just wanted to shovel it into my mouth as fast as humanly possible!!)

e: VV It was indeed, and now I have about 2 lbs of homemade egg noodles to enjoy this over the next few days :)

kumba fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 12, 2016

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Don't give a poo poo about plating or pic quality, I can tell that is delicious.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

silvergoose posted:

ONE PART HUEVOS

ONE PART RANCHEROS

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A HUEVOS INTO MY RANCHEROS, etc

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Moundgarden posted:

Made this over the weekend. So god drat good.

Before the kitchen cataclysm

MEAT

Pancetta + butter

Veggies added

After several hours in the oven

This was all done Saturday evening so it could intensify overnight. My wife flew back in on Sunday afternoon from visiting NYC and brought back homemade ravioli from Little Italy... they were divine.

(Poor messy plating cell phone pic whatever I don't care I just wanted to shovel it into my mouth as fast as humanly possible!!)

e: VV It was indeed, and now I have about 2 lbs of homemade egg noodles to enjoy this over the next few days :)

That looks delicious and how a bolognese should be done every goddamn time.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Basturma

Okonomiyaki

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
Recipe?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Seriously, jesus christ. It looks like raw beef and yet I know it's not and I need some.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

Smoked salmon and avocado on a bagel. Gotta love lox trimmings.

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

Skillet pizzas

delicata squash, ricotta, fennel seeds and chilli

broccoli, olives, capers, feta

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Fuckin oath mate looks great.

You veggos are missing out on delicious beef salami though. Just sayin.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

There's a place near my apartment that makes a pseudo Egyptian/Philly cheesesteak with basterma, cheese and onions in a pita for 5 bucks. It's insanely good.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
It's time for cassoulet.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

kittenmittons posted:

It's time for cassoulet.

God drat right it is. That looks awesome.

paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp
Last Friday I chose a dish with lap cheong, snow peas, fresh ginger root and some other type of meat when we went out to dinner to a Chinese restaurant.

I instantly fell in love with the lap cheong, so bought some and opened my Fuchsia Dunlop book,
which had pretty much the same recipe, even a tiny bit simpler (lap cheong, snow peas, ginger, shaoxing, sugar, salt)

Anyway, 5 minutes later, dinner was served!!

It was great,
but now there are 11.5 chinese sausages left, so any other recipes with lap cheong are more than welcome!

So far I've got
-this recipe,
-incorporating it in fried rice
-bo bia

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Slicing it and eating it plain on rice mmmmmm.

paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp

silvergoose posted:

definitely sounds like a great plan, thanks!

HateCrimeDoxNet
Dec 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
nope

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Dec 20, 2016

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

ok

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
:sax:

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

silvergoose posted:

I basically do this + with whatever else I have around like garlic, an onion or green onions, fresh chilies, ginger, soy sauce etc.

My local Asian grocer sells like 15 varieties of these sausages beyond just pork including duck and duck liver. Haven't tried them yet. I have splurged on the fancy looking pork ones that are wrapped like cigars with little foil rings. So fancy.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

HateCrimeDoxNet posted:

courtney was an archetypal feminist that believed in give and take sexual relationships

she was not a no means no absolutist or a yes means yes fascist

when her ideas were making her more cutting edge than other feminists on SomethingAwful people got jealous

kate aka wiki-kathy, nightbae day wheat, let it mellow, just ray, dad gay so what, and many other names, and courtney both were SA goons, both went to the same high school in Mississauga, and were rivals. courtneys sister was involved in real life gangs and also a goon, kate admitted to me her grandparents are neo nazis, her sister and her are both involved in hells angels.

with somethingawful's connection to the drug trade via companies like canadarc.ca (now on some other domain) and various private message and offsite web communities that launder money for it the young generation of more militant feminists affiliated with hells angels and e-gangs felt threatened

in my opinion one very disturbed individual many of you know named k8, who was heir to an AB drug family in southern ontario and rival at courtney's highschool decided to use her family influence to hire a hit on courtney via the traditional hells angels biker way

- mid day vehicular homicide

rip girl i knew id catch the people that did this poo poo to you sooner or later

go figure hells angels moved online

Emily Township man sentenced to five years in prison in crash that killed cyclist

Courtney Vanessa Arthur

you stole this from the world kate with your own mental illness and crime family shariaa law system

gently caress you take responsibility for the murder for hire you did

when i showed you her memorial i had no idea you went to the same highschool till you told me, and laughed at her memorial website

http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=686647

Lol

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.
Made a cake for son's second birthday. Pretty pleased with it. Used a Mary Berry Victoria sponge recipe with raspberry jam and butter cream. Tasted great.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Cavenagh posted:

Made a cake for son's second birthday. Pretty pleased with it. Used a Mary Berry Victoria sponge recipe with raspberry jam and butter cream. Tasted great.

Goddammit I already miss british bake-off gently caress the producers.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Cavenagh posted:

That is totally awesome and you're a great parent for doing so.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

I got this recipe from a heavily accented, hilarious Armenian woman that I work with. Watching her gesture as she described the process was probably as fun as eating the result.

Take a beef roast and pierce it a bunch with a fork all over. Cake it with kosher salt and leave in in the fridge for three days, draining liquid and adding more salt to ensure it stays caked.

Submerge the roast in cold water for three hours to leech out the salt, changing the water once or twice. Place the roast on a pad of paper towels, cover in more paper towels, place a weight on top of it (I used cast iron pans), this helps dry it thoroughly. Change the paper towels repeatedly until they're no longer getting wet.

Hang the beef up for three days. If you don't have a hook of some sort, you can use butchers twine. Apply spice paste in a thick layer (I'll add the recipe here for it tomorrow). Hang for at least three more days. Slice thinly.

It's a fairly easy recipe with great results, I'm going to experiment with curing meats more often.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
Cooked sorta eggs benny on fresh sourdough instead of muffins this morning for boyfriend's birthday. First ever attempt at hollandaise and it turned out perfect:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Brand New Malaysian Wife posted:

Cooked sorta eggs benny on fresh sourdough instead of muffins this morning for boyfriend's birthday. First ever attempt at hollandaise and it turned out perfect:

Wife material, right here.

(I mostly do eggs Benedict on bread-other-than-English-muffins. I'm just not particularly fond of them.)

Condolences to boyfriend for a life of joint Christmas/birthday presents.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Brand New Malaysian Wife posted:

Should have served it on a shiny plate.

As there is no plate like chrome for the hollandaise.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

ColHannibal posted:

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

ColHannibal posted:

gently caress off lmao

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Somebody posting eggs benny on Christmas Eve and an opportunity to make that joke comes once in a lifetime.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

ColHannibal posted:

Somebody posting eggs benny on Christmas Eve and an opportunity to make that joke comes once in a lifetime.

I know. It was good but also ughhh groan

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

ColHannibal posted:

:wow:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

ColHannibal posted:

Shamelessly stolen because I love it

• Locked thread