Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blacquethoven
Nov 29, 2003
i've been working like 90 hours a week due to the kitchen manager at work getting a hernia so i havent had much time to cook at home, but heres some pictures of food i guess

went to milwaukee for christmas and to bartolottas lake park bistro, i think it was called rush creek reserve and was one of the best cheeses ive ever had

beef bourguignon feature i did at work, garlic herb mashed potatoes, braised beef, caramelized onions, red wine gravy, scallion/tarragon/chives

chocolate chess pie (roommate took a bite before i could take a picture)

chicken pot pie (roommate took a bite before i could take a picture)

blacquethoven fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blacquethoven
Nov 29, 2003
crosspost from mexican thread, black bean and spinach empanadas with a pickled jalapeno vinaigrette. the foh manager had a couple for lunch and said it was the best thing shes ever tasted, so there's a feather in my cap i guess!

blacquethoven
Nov 29, 2003

The Midniter posted:

This is a great post. I know you said that cooking the pizza in a home oven won't come close to your results (with the gorgeous leopard spots), but I'm okay with that since I'm not going to drop three bills on an outdoor oven I have no room for. Would you make any alterations to your dough recipe if cooked in a standard oven?

i work in a naples style pizza place and his dough recipe is pretty much the same as ours except we use a 2 year old starter in place of the yeast. if you want to do it in a home oven maybe add a bit of sugar or sweetened condensed milk to get some browning.

blacquethoven
Nov 29, 2003
yeah pm me anytime id love to help you out with whatever i can

blacquethoven
Nov 29, 2003
some pics from tonight

feature i did, stone ground mustard beurre blanc base, pulled pork, apple bacon jam, arugula

margherita

our oven (sadly not woodfired)

e:looks like my pics didnt work ill fix them qhen i get home

blacquethoven
Nov 29, 2003
pizza feature from work - garlic and olive oil base, goat cheese, chicken, house made "pastrami" bacon, roasted veg, and arugula dressed with a lemon vinaigrette

blacquethoven
Nov 29, 2003
feature app tonight: masa hushpuppies, braised pork, queso fresco, cilantro, red onion, lime cumin whipped cream

the servers ate most of it before i could grab a pic

blacquethoven
Nov 29, 2003
brisket, root beer bbq, crispy pickled onions (pickled in the brine from pickled jalapenos), house made bun

blacquethoven
Nov 29, 2003
what does horse taste like?

blacquethoven
Nov 29, 2003
wont be dinner until friday, but heres some sweetcorn gnudi

blacquethoven
Nov 29, 2003
4am chicken fried rice

blacquethoven fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Aug 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blacquethoven
Nov 29, 2003

tagliatelle with a sage cream sauce, zucchini, asparagus, corn, fried sage leaves

• Locked thread