Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dale Meets Wall
Aug 17, 2004

Dale will always steer you in the RIGHT direction!

Nephzinho posted:

Recipe? I do not have a good red velvet in my book, these look great.

I think they're the same ones from a couple pages back. I saw Wheeze the roux post on her blog asking a question about it thats why I guess that. I also made these cupcakes last week and they are amazing. I used chicken eggs instead of the duck she did though.

Dale Meets Wall fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Feb 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dale Meets Wall
Aug 17, 2004

Brunched with the wife today. Some overnight French Toast from a country style white bread with a banana liqueur syrup/sauce ,simple scramble, bacon, and hash browns. Also s delicious tequila sunrise to wash it down.

Dale Meets Wall
Aug 17, 2004

Casu Marzu posted:

Made a loaf of buttermilk sandwich bread last night.

Used two slices for French toast this morning.

Your breakfast way beats my breakfast. All the same components I just did it way lazier (shittier)

Dale Meets Wall
Aug 17, 2004

Made some chicken wing soup on a rainy Monday in Buffalo.

Onions, carrots, corn, red pepper, and some garlic sautéing in butter

Added some flour to the mix then half and half and chicken stock. Made my buffalo sauce with Frank's red hot and blue cheese

Adding the shredded chicken

Garnished with thinly sliced extra sharp cheddar cheese and some red pepper flakes from my father-in-law's garden

Money shot

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:23 on May 3, 2016

Dale Meets Wall
Aug 17, 2004

I've made ribs a lot of ways. I've tried slow cooker, oven, boiled and grilled, but I'd never tried smoking them on a propane grill. Now I know that it isn't the best way to do it, but I only have a propane grill, and I don't really like charcoal. I used apple wood chips and tried smoking for the first time. I won't say it's true BBQ or really smoking but it made a world of difference. The smell was amazing, it actually smelled like being at a restaurant! I used a quickly made paste to season the ribs and the flavor was amazing. I could taste the smoke and all the seasonings better than I had with any other method of cooking. The meat did turn out pretty dry and a bit tough. I attribute this to temperature control. I don't have a thermometer so I'm thinking the grill just stayed too hot. It's my first attempt so I just wanted to try this out before I started buying some more tools and gadgets. Overall I'm very pleased with how they turned out and I'm excited to keep trying and perfecting technique.

An actual smoke ring!

Dale Meets Wall fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jun 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dale Meets Wall
Aug 17, 2004

A woman I work with brought in sweet corn so I grabbed a few ears and made some corn fritters. Served them with a sauce of butter and maple syrup. Credit to the plating has to go to my wife.

• Locked thread