Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

MrChips posted:

Congratulations Blaise for doing what we all want to to but are too chickenshit to actually go through with.

I've always felt like doing something like that, though with a house and kids it's pretty much impossible to do. And a huge part of me has the feeling that (at least in my case) it wouldn't solve the ennui and listlessness that I always feel. I'll still feel like that, just in other places.

Instead I've embraced nihilism and figure I can either rot here or in another place and try to enjoy the brief moment in time I'm alive and can feel listless about it. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Blaise posted:

It's funny that you're responding to this thread, because you're actually part of the reason I can do this.

I read your thread back in BFC back in what, 2009? and was like oh poo poo, am I living above my means?

I wasn't, but I became aware of a lot of wastefulness in my spending. 5 years later, thanks to much more careful spending, I can afford to take off work for a few years. Teaching the gf the same stuff to get her out of debt thought, has NOT been fun.

Thanks CornHolio :)

I'm glad my terrible situation could help some people out :) I'm not as well off as I should be at the moment, but I bought a house before I had enough saved up for emergencies, and promptly had emergencies including a tornado in my backyard (literally) but I'm doing well enough to be able to recover by spring I hope.

I still remember posting that thread (I think it was '09) from my ghetto apartment, while in my underwear, on a whim. And I remember it falling off of the first page without a reply, and going to bed thinking that was it. I don't even want to think where I'd be if I hadn't posted it, or where other people might have ended up if they haven't read it.

• Locked thread