Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
sexy women and hookshots is a match made in gamer heaven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

PantsBandit posted:

/nod

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

What if they're clawshots instead of hookshots?

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Schnedwob posted:

i am a fan of gorgeous brown women, and i support the representation of women in video games so yes OP, I would.

Same.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
A cool game instead would be to see Ganondorf grow up among the Gerudo and amass power and influence, but I am ok with link becoming a hot Gerudo lady.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Psycobladder posted:

A cool game instead would be to see Ganondorf grow up among the Gerudo and amass power and influence, but I am ok with link becoming a hot Gerudo lady.

maybe you would work for, then rebel against ganondorf

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Psycobladder posted:

make a gerudo/hyrule mod for Civilization

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

My only question is how would this affect the zelda timeline?!

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Ganondorf would kill you in the womb for questioning the timeline.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

I kid of course, I just find timeline talk to be annoying, I don't get the obsession with everything having to fit within a set canon. Some games obviously follow each other, but it's ok if they don't, it is a LEGEND after all.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Psycobladder posted:

I kid of course, I just find timeline talk to be annoying, I don't get the obsession with everything having to fit within a set canon. Some games obviously follow each other, but it's ok if they don't, it is a LEGEND after all.

I've added your comments to the maze of coloured strings and gamefaqs clippings which I am using to determine the true zelda timeline and let me tell you, it has some VERY interesting implications

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Aston posted:

I've added your comments to the maze of coloured strings and gamefaqs clippings which I am using to determine the true zelda timeline and let me tell you, it has some VERY interesting implications

I arrive at the address the mysterious old gypsy PM'd me. "Aston!" I shout, slamming my meaty hand against the lovely apartment's door. "Aston, drat it, open up!" Fed up, I put on my Power Glove and karate chop my way in. I start to maneuver myself through the shattered door, but I recoil slightly at an absolutely unbearable stench. One whispered word escapes my lips- "Reggie." I double my pace and tumble into the apartment, turning to see something absolutely horrific. A million ideas, once networked into a beautiful piece of art, lay in disarray. I turn to find the source of the smell, confirming what I'd feared. I gave a small prayer for the fallen Imp. Aston was in as bad a condition as his masterwork, more a pile of chewed bones and scorched limbs than anything recognizable as a gamer.

I can tell it wasn't just anyone who did this. They wanted to make sure the discoveries ended here. Looking up, I see the killer's signature. Arranged using the very yarn that Aston had used to nearly pierce their lies about the Official Zelda Timeline, there was one word: N*GGER!

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
where's that weird gerudo mask transformation comic when you need it

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Yes OP that would be fine.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Schnedwob posted:

citizens produce double yield for everything but food. city growth rate reduced by 99% as there is only one man born every 100 years

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
would play game in op, also game where zelda dresses up as link to save herself

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Endorph posted:

where do you think the original game started

there was nothing but sand and mountains and like five trees

it was the shore of a beach

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

it was the shore of a beach
that was link's awakening

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Schnedwob posted:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hyrule-total-war

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
A hookshot for each limb. You will be able to attach yourself to any object and use the environment as your weapon.

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

Effectronica posted:

I'd say making power be the dealio would require replacing boss monsters with bunches of small, weak monsters, or else making them obviously weaker and smaller than you. Similarly, a wisdom-focused game would feature purely puzzle-based fights or something.

the courage test in skyward sword seemed really clever to me until i got to the power and wisdom tests and discovered they were the same thing. i dont see how stealing greebles from a bunch of big jumbly floating guys represents either power or wisdom i guess.

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
What I'm getting from this is that Nintendo should definitely license their stuff out to other people more since lots of these ideas are p cool but would never happen in the main series

See hyrule warriors

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Endorph posted:

that was link's awakening

they didn't have the technology in nes days to differentiate between shore and desert. but if you go to the rigth like 2 screens you'll get to the beach. c'mon son

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Why do Gerudo women need a big strong man king like Gannondorf and what about him makes their ladybrains so entranced by him? How do Gerudo make more Gerudo, do they all just gently caress the king?

Anyway I was way more offended when Link was reincarnated as a loving furry in Twilight Princess, I wouldn't give two shits about a female Link after that abomination

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

it's a beach

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

:nms:second result for weird gerudo mask transformation comic:nms:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

after "i said we're going to reassemble your shithole" i was expecting much worse

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Bobnumerotres posted:

after "i said we're going to reassemble your shithole" i was expecting much worse

It's "remodel".

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

They were going to remodel her shithole.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Endorph posted:

where do you think the original game started

there was nothing but sand and mountains and like five trees

the desert section is north and slightly east of that spot

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

don't get it wrong again.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

mdm posted:

Why do Gerudo women need a big strong man king like Gannondorf and what about him makes their ladybrains so entranced by him? How do Gerudo make more Gerudo, do they all just gently caress the king?

Anyway I was way more offended when Link was reincarnated as a loving furry in Twilight Princess, I wouldn't give two shits about a female Link after that abomination

they kidnap hylian men

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

romanowski posted:

the desert section is north and slightly east of that spot

there's a desert on one side and a beach on the other

it's a beach leading into the desert, and you start inbetween the two

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
You play as the guy who runs the fishing pond business, and you have to save the day by catching badass fish.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Wanna eat a sandy gerudo pussy

gonna grind some teeth down on a cinnamon pissbox

Tingle tingle koolah limpah!!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

You know, I've put a lot of thought into this. I tend to think that I'm a pretty open-minded, forward-thinking guy. But ultimately, no. I could not accept if Link was reincarnated as a Gerudo woman. I couldn't handle it at all. I am very glad this is just a theoretical thing.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Her name would have to be named Link, because the Zelda thing wasn't dumb enough on its own.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

thuly posted:

Wanna eat a sandy gerudo pussy

gonna grind some teeth down on a cinnamon pissbox

Tingle tingle koolah limpah!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Strongly prefer to date members of my own race. Exception for Gerudo women, they're magical :3

• Locked thread