Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

In due time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

sharrrk posted:

Congratulations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbL3A_GT9uw

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
Grats to da winners. It was fun, if not a little long. GG's to all I owned and got owned by.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

The Crusher posted:

Grats to da winners. It was fun, if not a little long. GG's to all I owned and got owned by.

Thank you.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
congrats on winning a tournament that took place over two years!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Dieting Hippo posted:

congrats on winning a tournament that took place over two years!

Thank you.

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!
I can fight usually after 1pm EST but before 10pm EST because of work. Been busy lately and thought this died already.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
I will breathe life into this thread until the end (which is only 3 matches from now).

Edit: Actually question for people who still care (all 5 of you). This tournament was kind of a shitshow (primarily because we had a lot of participants who signed up in the post release hype, thought it would be over in a week, and then lost interest when it dragged on) but would anyone be interested in doing more tournaments in the future? We could have different rulesets, like doubles and stuff.

It wouldn't be for a while, probably not until at least the tournament update comes out and it can be more organized, and we could do a much faster time frame, a week or so. Is there any interest for this? I'd be willing to organize it. I'll probably just do an interest check in the Games thread after the update comes out, but I thought I'd ask.

LanceKing2200 fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jan 8, 2015

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
I'm down for some more Smash tournies.

And I'm available to play now if you are, Endgame.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i will play the video game, online

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

LanceKing2200 posted:

I will breathe life into this thread until the end (which is only 3 matches from now).

Edit: Actually question for people who still care (all 5 of you). This tournament was kind of a shitshow (primarily because we had a lot of participants who signed up in the post release hype, thought it would be over in a week, and then lost interest when it dragged on) but would anyone be interested in doing more tournaments in the future? We could have different rulesets, like doubles and stuff.

It wouldn't be for a while, probably not until at least the tournament update comes out and it can be more organized, and we could do a much faster time frame, a week or so. Is there any interest for this? I'd be willing to organize it. I'll probably just do an interest check in the Games thread after the update comes out, but I thought I'd ask.

Do a one day tournament. Set aside a Saturday and Sunday, get 8-16 people, and brutally murder anybody who flakes.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

LanceKing2200 posted:

as i'm partly at fault for the shitshow, i'd like to say for the record i started this because everyone wanted it and nobody was actually doing it. that being said i'll play.

_Endgame_ posted:

I can fight usually after 1pm EST but before 10pm EST because of work. Been busy lately and thought this died already.

Gaming will never die...

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

mabels big day posted:

as i'm partly at fault for the shitshow, i'd like to say for the record i started this because everyone wanted it and nobody was actually doing it. that being said i'll play.

Oh I'm not blaming you :shobon:

This probably would have happened no matter who ran it, between the release hype and the following busy holiday weeks I'm surprised it's going to finish at all.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i'll play as Bowser from now on

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

i'll play as Bowser from now on

Good luck in the tournament

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I would definitely be down for future tourneys but yeah we need a pretty strict no show policy or it just ends up going on forever.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I would play again even if I'm terrible. But no shows should really be dq'd if they stop showing up after a certain time.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

sharrrk posted:

i will play the video game, online

Lon Lon Rabbit
Mar 27, 2006
Here comes a special boy!
Yes please more tournaments I had fun.

DapperDuck
Apr 3, 2008

Fashionable people,
you're out of luck.
The most dapper one here,
is Dapper the Duck.
Tournaments are fun because you get hype for like a day or two and then it drags on forever and you start dreading having to play and schedule your life / other's peoples lives / no one's life around it and people wait forever and you just want the sweet release of defeat's embrace.

Doubles would take literally twice as long because you have to manage to get twice as many people to be online at the same time. Really, in my expert opinion, the best way to have tournaments is to set aside an afternoon and get it done in the same day, chilling and talking poo poo in the IRC chat.

Also, don't have them during Christmas, haha wtf

Reksi
Sep 26, 2007

_Endgame_ posted:

Maple Leaf posted:

I'm down for some more Smash tournies.

And I'm available to play now if you are, Endgame.
Dammit play your match already

I'd play in more tournaments, but in the event that I die before this one ends, give my spot to sharrrk, #1 missing goon replacer

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I declare Sharrrk the winner.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Reksi posted:

Dammit play your match already

I'd play in more tournaments, but in the event that I die before this one ends, give my spot to sharrrk, #1 missing goon replacer

Yeah seriously, whats the hold up with you two?

Also any future tournaments are going to be played over a weekend, or maybe a week if it's huge, and it will be clearly stated that you shouldn't sign up if you won't be around. We'll do check ins like, every 6 hours and if you miss multiple check ins in a row you're out.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

LanceKing2200 posted:

Yeah seriously, whats the hold up with you two?

Also any future tournaments are going to be played over a weekend, or maybe a week if it's huge, and it will be clearly stated that you shouldn't sign up if you won't be around. We'll do check ins like, every 6 hours and if you miss multiple check ins in a row you're out.

Endgame fears the Leaf

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

it was long, rough road, but i'm finally here. i won the imp zone wii u smash tournament. thanks to everyone who supported me along the way, i couldn't have done it without you. may the light of palutena guide us all. amen.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

sharrrk posted:

it was long, rough road, but i'm finally here. i won the imp zone wii u smash tournament. thanks to everyone who supported me along the way, i couldn't have done it without you. may the light of palutena guide us all. amen.

Congratulations.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Endgame fears the Leaf

It's interesting because you knocked both of them into losers, they should be chomping at the bit to face you again for revenge.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

I've been ready to go whenever :shrug:

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!

Maple Leaf posted:

I've been ready to go whenever :shrug:

I'll be good to go in a little over 2 hours.

E: Or now it seems, whee

_Endgame_ fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jan 10, 2015

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

_Endgame_ posted:

I'll be good to go in a little over 2 hours.

E: Or now it seems, whee

Hosting now, so whenever you're ready.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

I have freed Endgame from the shackles of his involvement in this tournament 2-0. Video coming soon.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
OH poo poo LOSERS FINALS TIME

Remember that losers and grand finals are best 3/5.

MAPLELEAF VS KINGOFSPRINGS REMATCH GO!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
My smash is fight

Reksi
Sep 26, 2007

Oh poo poo let's get this going!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Get on Maple Leaf

Reksi
Sep 26, 2007

If this is happening now I'll be ready when you are done

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I am going to lock this thread immediately upon the final videos being posted, and it will be green goldmined.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
ggs Maple Leaf, KingofSprings loses 0-2.

You're up, Reksi.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

It's best of 5, son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
wait what

• Locked thread