Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Having seen Jurassic World a few days ago, I'm not entirely convinced that it was meant to be taken seriously. It came across more like a comedy that intentionally misrepresented itself than anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Beefstew posted:

Also, he was literally me when I was 5. Like, it's kind of uncanny; even my family members pointed it out. I also recognized several of the toy dinosaurs in his room as ones that I had when I was little. :3:

I didn't recognize any of his toy dinosaurs; I did recognize several of his toy robots.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

You're absolutely right, though, that Chastain is ultimately to blame, and 'the power of family' becomes an excuse for righteous violence against the diabolical, anti-harmonious iRex (wasn't it originally called the Diabolus Rex?). It's a scapegoat.

Anti-harmonious? She literally devours her only family.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Gaj posted:

And then of course the kid goes bonkers on all the little info-slabs as if looking up basic facts is much more enjoyable than the living feats of creation that are on a tour.

In my experience, this is true to real life.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

CelticPredator posted:

This is still the best comedy of 2015. I don't know why you guys hated it so much.

When I left the theater I was certain that it was meant to be a disaster comedy in the vein of Airplane or the like.
I'm still not convinced that it isn't.

• Locked thread