Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

keyvin posted:

Here's the thing - Right now I get through my day by making lists. I have a checklist for morning routine, I have a list of upcoming appointments and obligations on the front of my refrigerator. I have a list of things I need to do so I don't live in squalor or put all the housework on my fiance. I have a dinner checklist, and then a before bed checklist. I put up small notes reminding me how to do certain things, so I don't gently caress up laundry etc. I'm not sure if software development will work out for me. QA might be a better fit, but I'm not sure it will pay enough in my area to pay the bills and buy that premium bag of coffee. I'd be fine doing IT grunt work, but again - buying that premium coffee. I'm over needing a job that validates what a special, special snowflake I am. I am fine with not being a top earner. Sometimes life hands you cards where mediocrity is a huge achievement.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the pay for QA - QA contractor/temps and game testers make gently caress all, but career QA people can easily make upper five lower six figures, especially if you have enough programming background to be able to pick up test automation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread