Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spadoink
Oct 10, 2005

Tea, earl grey, hot.

College Slice
I'm not sure if you might have programs in your area that help connect people with mental illness or other medical concerns to employers. For example, a lot of the grocery stores (in Canada) receive wage subsidization for hiring folks connected with one of these programs as cart guys (a few hours a day, a couple of days a week, these employees just round up the carts from the parking lot and put them back in the cart corral in the store) or cashiers/grocery stockers, depending on health issues and capacity. There's also a local program for helping folks with mental illness transition to working that operates a lunch cafe. Depending on their ability, some employees work full time, 9-5, some do a few hours, and the tasks they are given are based on their ability. The schizophrenia diagnosis seems to allow you to avail yourself of these types of programs, maybe the epilepsy does as well? I don't really know all of what might be out there, but maybe another goon would be more familiar with your region and options available? I suggest these types of programs because they are specifically set up knowing that the employees are more likely to have to take unscheduled absences, and maybe disappear for a week or two or four while they deal with medical or mental issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread