Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pram
Jun 10, 2001
smp]e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

I went to my brothers house on the other side of the farm and hacked into his router 192.168.1. and changed his wifi ssid to "it HERTZ when I.P" :newlol:

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

My dad pre-ordered an Amazon echo from his ipad and thinks the spying and meta data capabilities are amusing

Ok which one of you is my dad

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
i thought this thread was about your kid asking you for the router password

Elder Postsman posted:

I have a wall in my kitchen that is painted with magnetic primer and chalkboard paint. the wifi password is written on this wall in chalk. #dadstuff

ew, chalk dust. whiteboards everywhere. your fridge is a whiteboard

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Elder Postsman posted:

I have a wall in my kitchen that is painted with magnetic primer and chalkboard paint. the wifi password is written on this wall in chalk. #dadstuff

cool. do u have more deets on this wall?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Smythe posted:

it is approx. 10 ft tall by 23 inches wide. bottom ~2/3rds has several coats of magnetic primer. the entire wall has a couple coats of dark grey chalkboard paint. so we can use magnets to stick stuff to it, or write on it with chalk. both the magnetic primer and chalkboard paint were purchased at our local Menards store.

hth.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

milwaukee area flashbacks here, thanks

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
pagancows ad thread got gassed :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQf1DUkf6e8

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

Jonny 290 posted:

milwaukee area flashbacks here, thanks

I have a friend who is a corporate lawyer for menards. the menards closest to us is two stories and has an escalator for carts. when my dad and grandpa go to menards on Sunday, they say they're going to church.

thanks for reading this post.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
save big money at menards

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Elder Postsman posted:

I have a friend who is a corporate lawyer for menards. the menards closest to us is two stories and has an escalator for carts. when my dad and grandpa go to menards on Sunday, they say they're going to church.

thanks for reading this post.

I remember getting nachos and a soda at the snack bar and then going upstairs above the snack bar, there were tables and you could sit and have snacks and watch people shop it was rly cool for some reason

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Jonny 290 posted:

for some reason

Tism

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Elder Postsman posted:

it is approx. 10 ft tall by 23 inches wide. bottom ~2/3rds has several coats of magnetic primer. the entire wall has a couple coats of dark grey chalkboard paint. so we can use magnets to stick stuff to it, or write on it with chalk. both the magnetic primer and chalkboard paint were purchased at our local Menards store.

hth.

amazing

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Skarp posted:

this for real

:canada:

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Skarp posted:

this for real

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

more like dICK posted:

thanksgiving was last month though???

Don't taunt the heathens about their moon holidays

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:

Jonny 290 posted:

I remember getting nachos and a soda at the snack bar and then going upstairs above the snack bar, there were tables and you could sit and have snacks and watch people shop it was rly cool for some reason

i remember this, the lighting section was closest and you could see all the display ceiling fans spinnin from above

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

bobbilljim posted:

pagancows ad thread got gassed

1) look man I know where and where not to post ads

and

2) couldn't understand a single thing they said.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

my parents got smart and just got iPads and now sall good just eating a turkey in peace.

going to order Christmas gifts from bed tomorrow and spend time with the yosdad

he taught me how to build my first 386 sx

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

my father refuses to get apple products for *reasons*

mostly that early iphone models were on AT&T and AT&T's network is/was poo poo where he is so his early experiences when wokring with people who owned them was them never having signal.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
last month i upgraded my mother's internet from a 1-megabit package with a 2GB cap ($50 a month) to a 10 megabit/50GB package for $45 a month. last week I helped my brother set up a new modem and at christmas I'm probably going to install a new ssd in his 2010 macbook

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

theadder posted:

it should be in the keychain op

yeah also this is a useful tip

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

if you don't have your family on apple then get out

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

i just get both my parents hp touchpads every christmas. they like webos and the usb port on those fuckers break like nothing

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Blackula69 posted:

last month i upgraded my mother's internet from a 1-megabit package with a 2GB cap ($50 a month) to a 10 megabit/50GB package for $45 a month. last week I helped my brother set up a new modem and at christmas I'm probably going to install a new ssd in his 2010 macbook

maybe next year you can move your mother out of the woods for christmas

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

she had the same internet package from 2006 to 2014.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

when she called the first time the woman convinced her just to add 25 gigs of cap space for $5 a month. ripping off people who don't know any better is a big part of telecom

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

Blackula69 posted:

if you don't have your family on apple then get out

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

z0rlandi viSSer posted:

Ramesh dont like iiiiit
grok' the zeitgeist
grok' the zeitgeist
Patel dont like iiiiit
grok' the zeitgeist
grok' the zeitgeist

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i showed my dad how to add phonetic pronunciations on his iphone and also how to set nicknames for HEY SIRI calling after he was complaining about handsfree stuff

otherwise it is a normal day today

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I deleted Disk Utility.app for OS 10.8 from my dads laptop because his operating system is OS 10.6 so the 10.8 utility didn't work. I then showed him, in a patronising manor, where to find disk utility for 10.6. it was in the utilities folder.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

my dad just bought a new iPhone 6 to replace his lovely Motorola android phone that he hates. he likes the iPhone so far.

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
im a thanksgiving orphan so the current plan is to go to friend's place who has pro chef roommate and smoke a weede and play Katamari Damacy while waiting for food to be ready I'm pumped.

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

Elder Postsman posted:

my dad just bought a new iPhone 6 to replace his lovely Motorola android phone that he hates. he likes the iPhone so far.

your dad sounds like a rly cool guy

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
my great grandmother decided to buy a piece of poo poo android tablet for reasons unknown to anyone and i had to show her how to use it. i was mega owned.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

/

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Jimmy Carter posted:

im a thanksgiving orphan so the current plan is to go to friend's place who has pro chef roommate and smoke a weede and play Katamari Damacy while waiting for food to be ready I'm pumped.

pro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
saw drudge and breitbart apps on my moms iphone :negative:

• Locked thread