Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It’s a baseball episode week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Ahh poo poo Pickerton's part one

Gonna be real angry after this I imagine.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

I wonder if it goes into how the modern agency loves to tout their long history but the moment you put them in media doing Pinkerton stuff (Killing strikers, murdering kids, etc) suddenly there's a C&D coming your way

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
pinkerton part 1 was pretty good, the old man issuing orders from a rocking chair cracked me up.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Sankis posted:

I wonder if it goes into how the modern agency loves to tout their long history but the moment you put them in media doing Pinkerton stuff (Killing strikers, murdering kids, etc) suddenly there's a C&D coming your way
It was very funny how upset they got when Red Dead Redemption 2 came out and the Pinkertons were the villains

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

FlamingLiberal posted:

It was very funny how upset they got when Red Dead Redemption 2 came out and the Pinkertons were the villains

Didn't Rockstar use "truth as a defense" too in countering their C&D/slander suit?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Oh probably, it was an absurd claim because you can find so many stories of the Pinkertons killing people between like 1900-1930

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
It was a weird time for this episode to drop because I had to drive over to Ann Arbor today and had my earbuds in and literally walked by the Pinkerton HQ while listening to the ep.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

It was a weird time for this episode to drop because I had to drive over to Ann Arbor today and had my earbuds in and literally walked by the Pinkerton HQ while listening to the ep.

Did you spit on the building?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
no im not a child

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

I've only been listening since September. why do they tour Australia so much

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
early on they found that they had a ton of listeners in australia for some reason, so they tour there

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Most of the Australian episodes are solid, and a lot of them are great.

Sometimes when I’m alone and doing some physical task I’ll say “D!!!” to myself when I’m exerting.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sankis posted:

an excuse to hang out with wil anderson more

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sankis posted:

Dave is a bigger celebrity in Australia because he did a popular thing with a popular Australian comedian

That gave him more Australian numbers early and he leaned in

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

fair enough. I like the aussie live shows, they've been some of my favorites, it just seemed kinda random.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I can't believe this podcast is 10 years old this year

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Episode on Dave's dad when?

Edit: I couldn't sleep so I decided to listen to the John Hurty episode and...oof. I was not ready for brain milk.

No way this guy becomes the villain in the last act! Nope, not gonna happen at all, heroes always stay the hero in a Dollop. Never develop bad takes in their later years...

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Mar 22, 2024

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

RandomPauI posted:

Episode on Dave's dad when?
The anecdote at the top of today's episode was wild

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I can’t wait for the tenth anniversary episode. Adomian and Kilgariff as guests should be killer.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Froghammer posted:

The anecdote at the top of today's episode was wild

It was recounted in more detail in a walking the room episode like a decade ago. I don't know which episode so I can't find it

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
poo poo knife in the latest episode of These Times was definitely one of those things that someone saw on the internet and pretended it happened to 'em, to impress Jon Dore

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

I’m no John Dore but I would not be impressed by the poo poo knife story.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
The australia eps are def some of my favorites for sure

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Oh gently caress Theosophy episode. Gareth is going to lose his mind.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Froghammer posted:

Oh gently caress Theosophy episode. Gareth is going to lose his mind.

havent listened yet but the name sounded familiar. looked it up and i recognized it because theyre one of the groups that believed in vril energy after the publication of The Coming Race lol

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Gareth's mom was an S tier guest this episode. So delightful ans really really funny.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
The part with the ASL interpreter had me laughing so hard I was crying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I just learned about a story that'd be great for Gareth flipping his lid in the home stretch

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campden_Wonder

How good of friends Gareth and Pam are is a fun contrast to Dave stomping the floor and being all "YOU HEAR ME DOWN THERE OLD MAN"