Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Toxxupation posted:

you are queen fakey of made up town

All hail Queen poo poo of Liesville!

Something about the way Gareth says "Is it for fun?" in the opening montage gets me every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The newspaper article describing Haley's Comet as the "Hobo of the Heavens" made me do a legit spit take.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Jet Jaguar posted:

All hail Queen poo poo of Liesville!

Something about the way Gareth says "Is it for fun?" in the opening montage gets me every time.

I couldnt remember which epidsode this was from (its my favorite part too) when the intro theme song got made but I just relistened to the competitive tickling episode over the weekend and there it was

such a good episode

\/\/\/ also excellent. I was hyped when they put that in!

WinnebagoWarrior fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Feb 26, 2015

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

No the best part of the intro will always be Dave's kid.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

So this quack doctor swindles people around the turn of the century and XENOGRAFTS?!:stonklol:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Some audio glitches in the last few episodes, right? Or am I insane? I'm hearing popping and sounds like someone is touching the mic.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Yes me too

its not your imagination

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

The Berzerker posted:

Some audio glitches in the last few episodes, right? Or am I insane? I'm hearing popping and sounds like someone is touching the mic.

I've noticed it on the last few episodes.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

It took roughly 900 episodes and dog Xanax fallout for Walking the Room to get their sound correct, I'm not surprised the tradition carries on.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Episode about sports fans in Philly was a loving riot

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I always thought 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' was a comedy show, but now I know that it is an accurate portrayal of white folks from Philly. You get an entire stadium of people like that together, of course those things happen.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Still catching up on surgically implanting goat organs as medicine. I remember a friend of mine had a book on the guy, I need to ask her what the title was.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

uber_stoat posted:

I always thought 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' was a comedy show, but now I know that it is an accurate portrayal of white folks from Philly. You get an entire stadium of people like that together, of course those things happen.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Jet Jaguar posted:

Still catching up on surgically implanting goat organs as medicine. I remember a friend of mine had a book on the guy, I need to ask her what the title was.

There's this one and this one. I don't think there are others... I was thinking about reading one of them but I don't know if it would be as good without Gary screaming WHAT??? every few pages.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

The Berzerker posted:

There's this one and this one. I don't think there are others... I was thinking about reading one of them but I don't know if it would be as good without Gary screaming WHAT??? every few pages.

I think it was the second one. Yeah, that episode just ended in a lot of profanity, I think it may have broken poor Gareth.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Jet Jaguar posted:

I think it may have broken poor Gareth.

Who?

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
There is a really long mattress ad at the beginning of todays podcast (Tong Wars) skip to the 8 minute mark for the start of the actual story.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

This is how badly the Dollop has warped my sense of history: before starting the "Tong Wars" episode--despite knowing the meaning of the word--all I thought was "Jesus, there was some kind of sordid history between two companies trying to market kitchen tongs!?"

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Wow, comstock may be the biggest rear end in a top hat on the dollop yet!

[e] Is this Comstock the inspiration of the bioshock infinite one?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I like the Dollop a lot but I cringe whenever Dave get's really smug about dumb Americans then mispronounces like 4 things in the next sentence, all while reading something someone else wrote. I would say Dave should tone down the smug vitriol but that's part of why he's funny so...

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Drunkboxer posted:

I like the Dollop a lot but I cringe whenever Dave get's really smug about dumb Americans then mispronounces like 4 things in the next sentence, all while reading something someone else wrote. I would say Dave should tone down the smug vitriol but that's part of why he's funny so...

Mispronouncing words and, say, poorly managing a coal fire are two kinds of dumb. Not all of us can read those ten dollar words.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
In the new episode he TWICE pronounces 'species' as 'speechies'.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Phonetically pronouncing Seamus.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

My Dollop pain is any time they come up against history they aren't talking about currently (oh my god that Talleyrand poo poo) or current politics. I couldn't finish the test site episode because of their idiocy regarding nuclear politics.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

caligulamprey posted:

Especially considering his oft mentioned irish heritage.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Rodyle posted:

I couldn't finish the test site episode because of their idiocy regarding nuclear politics.
I'm super pro-nuclear but I didn't really mind them on this one, it could have been much worse.

Rodyle posted:

(oh my god that Talleyrand poo poo)
This drove me fuckin crazy though.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Also of note: the Going Clear Scientology documentary has a nice little slice of Jack Parsons that goes full Dollop, I'm glad they managed to get that in there.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Change (of name) we can believe in.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

caligulamprey posted:

Yeah everybody knows it's pronounced Seamus

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

This week on the Dollop, Gary's doctrinal thesis on ethics and theology.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I wish Luke McGregor would stop making those weird, high pitched sounds after every sentence.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Australia Man is very annoying and seems more like he's lurking off to one side of the stage rather than being a guest.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

tnimark posted:

I wish Luke McGregor would stop making those weird, high pitched sounds after every sentence.

I stopped listening to the most recent episode about halfway through after thinking "I don't know who this Emo Phillips-sounding guy is but I wish he'd shut the hell up."

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

tnimark posted:

I'm not sure if it's a verbal tic or a half choked titter but it's sure as gently caress annoying to listen to.

Also, even while standing in a former penal colony no one understands what "transportation" means.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I stopped listening to the most recent episode about halfway through after thinking "I don't know who this Emo Phillips-sounding guy is but I wish he'd shut the hell up."
Same.

joe_defroster
Jul 12, 2004
Emu Philips... :agesilaus:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I just listened to the Ten Cent Beer Night episode and it is the greatest poo poo ever

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Literally The Worst posted:

I just listened to the Ten Cent Beer Night episode and it is the greatest poo poo ever

I think the episode on the willie D was the only one that had me laughing harder than that. I was listening to it at work and actually had to turn it off and listen to it later because I couldn't not laugh.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Hugh Glass has been my favorite so far.

fuckin cunts

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Luke McGregor is a funny comedian in person and can be great on podcasts, don't think this format was right for him though. He does a longer form storytelling, nervous act that doesn't fit the fact about history, quick joke, repeat, format format of The Dollop.

Plus I bet he was genuinely feeling nervous since he comes from Tasmania, where we Europeans managed to completely 100% wipe out the native population.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Good Citizen posted:

I think the episode on the willie D was the only one that had me laughing harder than that. I was listening to it at work and actually had to turn it off and listen to it later because I couldn't not laugh.

Gary's realization in the live one with Patton Oswalt killed me. I think I like the oens where I know the twist the most, because then I get to anticipate him freaking the gently caress out, ie TONY THE TIGER IS IN ON IT? SNAP CRACKLE AND loving POP?