Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Good Citizen posted:

I think the episode on the willie D was the only one that had me laughing harder than that. I was listening to it at work and actually had to turn it off and listen to it later because I couldn't not laugh.

I think mine is the semi immortal Irish drunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

This new exorcist episode is pretty funny. The Australian guy is quite funny too

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

KinkyJohn posted:

This new exorcist episode is pretty funny. The Australian guy is quite funny too

I didn't really care for Will Anderson on the last episode he did, but he was much better this time around.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
Wil Anderson is the best. If you like Dave Anthony and miss Walking the Room, listen to Wil Anderson's podcast. Dave Anthony is on every third episode or something.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
I think Hugh Glass is probably my favorite episode so far, but I'm currently listening to the Willie Dee one, and that's pretty great, too.

"Roosevelt, the coolest motherfucker ever, ordered his Secret Service agents to wheel him to the side of the boat so he could see the approaching torpedo."

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Its not the best, but the Samuel Whittemore episode does have the funniest exchange I've ever heard.

"Hey, are you gonna retire?"
"gently caress NO, RETIRE'S GONNA ME!"

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Not Operator posted:

Its not the best, but the Samuel Whittemore episode does have the funniest exchange I've ever heard.

"Hey, are you gonna retire?"
"gently caress NO, RETIRE'S GONNA ME!"

Whenever I try to get someone on the Dollop this is the one I use.

ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

That is precisely the thing to do, Avatar.
In a new twist on the continuing audio problems with the podcast, the new episode features Dave exclusively in my right channel and Gareth entirely in the left. It’s like I’m between them.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

ChetReckless posted:

In a new twist on the continuing audio problems with the podcast, the new episode features Dave exclusively in my right channel and Gareth entirely in the left. It’s like I’m between them.

I had that happen in some other episode (the Pinto one) so it's not an entirely new audio problem.

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 02:25 on May 3, 2015

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I would like to remind you all that your assholes still belong to Popobawa

ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

That is precisely the thing to do, Avatar.

Smoking Crow posted:

I would like to remind you all that your assholes still belong to Popobawa

That was the "Ghosts" episode, right? I need to listen to that again.

Also, that's the first time I've ever seen that word in print and that's not what I expected.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

drat. I knew Thomas Kinkade was a hack, but I had no idea the depths of his hackiness.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

AndrewP posted:

drat. I knew Thomas Kinkade was a hack, but I had no idea the depths of his hackiness.

I remembered the lawsuits and how the Kinkade Gallery in the mall downtown was open forever despite having no customers that I could see. But I don't think I remembered his drinking-to-losing-control-of-extremities or the fact that he was dead.

The whole Kinkade art thing was insane, but at least it inspired some awesome Photoshop Phridays, as well as one of Brandon Bird's domain names. I mean "Here, a sweatshop worker added a teensy brushstroke, that's another couple of grand to the price of your photocopy."

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

If you've never seen the trailer for the Hallmark Movie Thomas Kinkade's Christmas Cottage (the television movie based on a loving Thomas Kinkade painting), you're in for a treat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qcJUPcMVzA

Goddamn, I imagine Chris Elliot saw the phrase "Hallmark Movie based on a Thomas Kinkade Painting," dropped everything he was doing and started trying on only the dumbest wigs.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Dear God, that trailer. Did Peter O'Toole need money that much? He didn't even get to wear a dumb wig!

I had almost forgotten that the Bradford Exchange existed, I thought they only made limited-edition plates that sold on late night TV in the 90s. "Not all plates go up, some plates go down." Like there was a room full of traders shouting "SELL! Sell! Sell all 'Captain Kirk hit by Tribbles!' SELL!"

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Jet Jaguar posted:

Dear God, that trailer. Did Peter O'Toole need money that much?

Booze costs money, man.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

ChetReckless posted:

I had to listen to this episode through my phone's mono speaker to not go insane, christ

I don't understand how these dudes can't get the most basic poo poo figured out. I don't know how you'd even gently caress up recording to make this happen, but presumedly you can just mix the channels into mono in Audacity or something :psyduck:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I don't know if you've noticed, but they're idiots.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I skip episodes with bad guests or with audio problems because it annoys me too much, but I love this podcast.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
I've now listened to every episode and haven't found one to be unlistenable due to obnoxious guests or audio problems. It is a bit baffling how they manage to gently caress up the most basic of automated processes in their audio from time to time after so many episodes, but I've always been able to hear almost everything said without additional effort, and there hasn't been a guest yet to detract from an episode (though a few have added very little). A lot of other shows suffer from these issues much more severely than The Dollop.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Luke McGregor detracted from his episode for me because of the annoying sounds he kept making, but I still enjoyed the episode overall.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I thought Luke McGregor got a lot better by the second half of that one, once he slowed down and stopped squeaking enough that I could understand what he was saying. I also don't get bothered by the audio problems as much but I've been listening through speakers a lot more than headphones lately so :shrug:

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Luke is kind of a wash because he was annoying buy he ended up being pretty funny and got a few good laughs.

Dip Facial
Feb 29, 2004
Unhealthy Harlequin
Dave Anthony was on the Crabfeast: http://www.thecrabfeast.com/2015/05/12/dave-anthony/

Goes into a surprising amount of detail about his upbringing, pretty interesting.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Poppin' chops, makin' the pliers sing!

:psyduck:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
It's Galloppoli damnit!

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Dip Facial posted:

Dave Anthony was on the Crabfeast: http://www.thecrabfeast.com/2015/05/12/dave-anthony/

Goes into a surprising amount of detail about his upbringing, pretty interesting.

He was on Alison Rosens podcast awhile ago too, and it was also pretty interesting.

tnimark posted:

Luke McGregor detracted from his episode for me because of the annoying sounds he kept making, but I still enjoyed the episode overall.

I couldnt believe how loving annoying he was. Still a solid episode but Jesus that guy sucked.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
So Luke McGregor keeps making that loving Tiny Tim sound the whole episode?

Guess I'm not going to know the history of New South Wales.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

So Luke McGregor keeps making that loving Tiny Tim sound the whole episode?

Guess I'm not going to know the history of New South Wales.

Yeah I made it through like 3 minutes and couldn't believe he was making that noise after EVERYTHING he said. Truly unlistenable, and I love this show.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I wasn't completely repulsed by his voice. The story is worth it imo.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
Just started listening to this podcast. Funny poo poo. One of those things where I feel awkward because I'm laughing in public.

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools

bollig posted:

Just started listening to this podcast. Funny poo poo. One of those things where I feel awkward because I'm laughing in public.

I was in a squat rack at the gym when I was listening to the competitive tickling episode and had to switch over to music for my safety.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I've just finished up the William Walter episode and this podcast is great. I should have been listening to this the day I put it on my podcast list.

I know I'm a horrible person, but the Ferguson episode is the funniest in a very dark way. Just listening to Gary become crushed as it goes on is amazing.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

I've just finished up the William Walter episode and this podcast is great. I should have been listening to this the day I put it on my podcast list.

I know I'm a horrible person, but the Ferguson episode is the funniest in a very dark way. Just listening to Gary become crushed as it goes on is amazing.

Boy are you going to love this most recent one then.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

the omaha riot episode is such a bummer because i know that it could easily happen in america right now if murdoch got it into his skull to destroy a local government for his own nefarious ends

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
holy poo poo did my face light up when I saw the subject of today's episode

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

abraham linksys posted:

holy poo poo did my face light up when I saw the subject of today's episode

♪ Come huff spray paint and shoot your friends! At Action Park! ♪

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

The missus almost drowned at Action Park as a kid so this one is pretty interesting for her.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Only in New Jersey could Action Park be a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
The past few episodes have been really great. I thought the Australia ones were kind of boring but since then, even if the stories haven't been particularly funny, they've been crazy fascinating.