Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYiT-vLjhC4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
Dave addresses the source / DI thing in the new episode, albeit reluctantly remorseful.

His goblin impressions make up for it.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

toanoradian posted:

By the pregnancy one do you mean the 'Childbirth in America' episode? What's wrong with it?

The mix is way off. Dave is super low compared to Gary. I listen during my commute mostly, and it's extremely hard to hear when I'm on the highway.

I thought Dave's address was fine. He admitted to making a mistake, and he pointed out where he was in disagreement with the DI guy. I happen to disagree with his assessment, but he wasn't a passive aggressive little bitch about it like I thought he would be.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

I dont care about the plagiarism stuff but I was curious if they ever did anything about chiquita/banana republics? Seems like a good topic for this show.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

The radium girls are featured briefly in the David Hahn episode. I listened to that episode again fairly recently, and I forgot just how loving bananas it was.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

DangerDummy! posted:

The radium girls are featured briefly in the David Hahn episode. I listened to that episode again fairly recently, and I forgot just how loving bananas it was.

That's the kid who built a reactor in the potting shed, right?

I like that one a lot. Every time you think "somebody's gotta realize what this kid is doing and stop him," he goes and does something even more insane. Like building a nuclear loving reactor in his mom's potting shed.

Gibfender
Apr 15, 2007

Electricity In Our Homes
New Dollop is out. About Jade Helm and Alex Jones

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

DangerDummy! posted:

I knew the broad strokes of the story since Vonnegut uses it in Jailbird (I think one of the protagonist's love interests is a descendant of the people who ran the factory where they made the clocks) but hearing about the ensuing legal battle was pretty nuts.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Gibfender posted:

New Dollop is out. About Jade Helm and Alex Jones

That's a really recent event, too. Reminds me of their 'first' episode, covering Cliven Bundy. Any other Dollops that cover super recent events, like within the same year as the episode's release?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Well, the Ferguson episode for one.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Competitive Tickling. And I guess purity balls, though that wasn't really about a specific event.

The only one between the new ep and the really early ones that comes to mind is the one about Eric Red.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Catching up and I thought The Egg Nog Riots was wildly hilarious. So many great moments: the guy who tried to leave the room covered in a sheet, the cadet who wouldn't stop talking about how good he was at drums, the other dude who decided to just smash windows on his way to roll call. I was dying from laughter most of the episode.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Catching up and I thought The Egg Nog Riots was wildly hilarious. So many great moments: the guy who tried to leave the room covered in a sheet, the cadet who wouldn't stop talking about how good he was at drums, the other dude who decided to just smash windows on his way to roll call. I was dying from laughter most of the episode.

Oh yeah. I want see it made into a movie.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

beats for junkies posted:

That's the kid who built a reactor in the potting shed, right?

I like that one a lot. Every time you think "somebody's gotta realize what this kid is doing and stop him," he goes and does something even more insane. Like building a nuclear loving reactor in his mom's potting shed.

That episode, more than any other Dollop, had me audibly saying "what?!" at every turn. The level of obsession from Hahn, and the sheer carelessness of every person who helped him, is absolutely astonishing.

If you're so inclined, there was a Coast to Coast AM caller named "Madman" Marcum who stole power transformers to build a time machine on his front porch that reminded me of Hahn. It's a good, fun piece of radio theater.

edit: Also, it's safe to assume Popobawa is still rear end raping guys in East Africa.

DangerDummy! fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jul 26, 2015

Harvey Wallbanger
Aug 15, 2009
The new George Washington episode is so hilarious. Our first president was viciously murdered by doctors.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
They took HALF OF HIS BLOOD.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The recent Jade Helm episode makes me wish they would do current history. I kinda want to see them do the '08 bank bailout and what lead to us doing it. I imagine Gary would have a seizure.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Harvey Wallbanger posted:

The new George Washington episode is so hilarious. Our first president was viciously murdered by doctors.

All of the episodes about old medicine are great

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Harvey Wallbanger posted:

Also the twentieth president and first feline president of the USA, famously so.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

oatgan posted:

All of the episodes about old medicine are great

Gary's description of old-timey doctors as "weird guessers" in one episode is just a perfect way to describe them.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

toanoradian posted:

Also the twentieth president and first feline president of the USA, famously so.

You could probably do a whole series on famous people murdered by awful 18th and 19th century doctors.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

If you like weird old medical history, there is a podcast called Sawbones where a doctor and her husband talk about weird medical history. It covers some of the same topics as the Dollop but there isn't too much overlap.

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

Al Madrigal or whoever that guest was in the live episode has the most annoying laugh a human being could possibly have.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk

Zenephant posted:

Al Madrigal or whoever that guest was in the live episode has the most annoying laugh a human being could possibly have.

Thank god I'm not the only person that thought that. That poo poo made this episode almost unlistenable.

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE

This is from a few pages ago, but God I hate the "free podcast" argument, it's a copout, pure and simple. gently caress Chris Hardwick for helping to bring this into the lexicon because he's so thin-skinned he can't handle being called out. Not that this makes him unique among comedians.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Zenephant posted:

It's also the only thing he did for the whole show

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Yeahhhh, I don't think there's a single podcast series (even Uhh Yeah Dude) where live episodes aren't usually way lamer than normal episodes. Still, I've enjoyed the normal eps lately, it was pretty hilariously horrifying learning for the first time that our first (????) president was murdered by a cabal of incompetent doctors.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

The Berzerker posted:

If you like weird old medical history, there is a podcast called Sawbones where a doctor and her husband talk about weird medical history. It covers some of the same topics as the Dollop but there isn't too much overlap.
I checked this out because I generally like the McElroy boys but this kind of thing just works way better for me if both hosts are funny.

The ep I listened to covered the same topic as The Stomach Men, just in way less detail when it came to the actual relationship between the two guys. It's also crazy to hear the difference between a doctor and a comedian's version of the story.

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Yeahhhh, I don't think there's a single podcast series (even Uhh Yeah Dude) where live episodes aren't usually way lamer than normal episodes.
Cereal Men is one of my favorite episodes.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Illinois Smith posted:

I checked this out because I generally like the McElroy boys but this kind of thing just works way better for me if both hosts are funny.

The ep I listened to covered the same topic as The Stomach Men, just in way less detail when it came to the actual relationship between the two guys. It's also crazy to hear the difference between a doctor and a comedian's version of the story.

Cereal Men is one of my favorite episodes.

If only for the turn when Gareth completely loses his poo poo.

But for anyone who didn't listen to the latest live one, don't. It's an average story and Al Madrigal adds nothing but dead weight and that godawful laugh.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
As a fan of Al Madrigal, I'll agree that his laugh is terrible and he added nothing to the podcast. Saying that you're bored and want to go home is a pretty terrible way of opening the show as well.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH EH-HENH

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
He sounds like a hyena sycophant.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Zenephant posted:

Whoa, whoa. Hold on now. Let's not go saying such big things when the Dollop has had the reigning and defending World Champ of Super Annoying Laughter on, their Australian friend whose name escapes me because I avoid his episodes like the plague. His little self-conscious lilting laugh, where he just kinda trails off and his voice gets really high pitched and he makes an "eeeeee" noise made me want to devour my iPod to stop the torture.

They have friends with awful laughs, is what I'm trying to say.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Please tell me you're not talking poo poo about Wil Anderson.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

FitFortDanga posted:

Please tell me you're not talking poo poo about Wil Anderson.

I think that's exactly who I'm talking poo poo about. His jokes were funny, his laugh made me stop listening to the episode. I couldn't deal.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Are you talking about Wil Anderson or Luke McGregor from the live New South Wales episode? Because McGregor was 100 times as annoying as Wil Anderson and it's the only Dollop episode I've shut off early because I straight up couldn't handle listening to him.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wil Anderson. The episode that made me want to hit him was the Australian Exorcisms episode.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

rotinaj posted:

Whoa, whoa. Hold on now. Let's not go saying such big things when the Dollop has had the reigning and defending World Champ of Super Annoying Laughter on, their Australian friend whose name escapes me because I avoid his episodes like the plague. His little self-conscious lilting laugh, where he just kinda trails off and his voice gets really high pitched and he makes an "eeeeee" noise made me want to devour my iPod to stop the torture.

They have friends with awful laughs, is what I'm trying to say.

I went and watched some of his stand up after that episode. It is part of his bit and works better in his routine.

Al sucked hard. If you remove him from the episode it would have been a decent episode.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I find that episodes about one specific person tends to be kind of boring. The exception being Rube of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iota subscript
Oct 26, 2010

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - ONE SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE
Rapidly Going Deaf › The Dollop - NO SLEEP TIL HIPPO