Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
My biggest trouble with the transportation episode was Dave's use of the "guy hates women" character. The entire schtick was insane, anti-woman rants.

The thing is, saying dumb poo poo isn't the same thing as making insightful commentary or making jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Well, this could get us into a semantics debate so let's agree to disagree.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
He said that if it keeps up he'll put the ads in the middle.

Both the complaints and people posting the episode start times.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I bailed on the latest episode less than a third of the way thru once I remembered who it was about and what was going to happen.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Well,at least he can't be as bad as Errol Flynn.

"Human trafficking"

Oh.

Edit: Okay, he's less evil than Flynn but that's a loving low bar to clear.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Oct 16, 2018

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
To be fair to the podcast, I hadn't finished the episode before making the edit. And I still haven't, Seagal was too douchy for late night listening.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Today's dollop is as good a reason as any to drop this song inspired by George Lazenby

https://youtu.be/ZUbw9fe49bM

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It can't be that bad. I'm sure Nauru was a lovely place before they strip-mined it of all the bird poo poo and turned it into a permanent prison for refugees.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Oct 23, 2018

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If you would like a more humorous take on L Ron Hubbard, he was "interviewed" for The Dead Authors Podcast. Andy Daly's performance as Hubbard full of insane energy and actual quotes.

http://thedeadauthorspodcast.libsyn.com/chapter-45-part-1-l-ron-hubbard-featuring-andrew-daly

http://thedeadauthorspodcast.libsyn.com/chapter-45-part-2-l-ron-hubbard-featuring-andy-daly

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I haven't even listened to the Nauru episode yet. But I knew that kids were attempting suicide by any means, including self-immolation. So I'll probably skip it forever.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If you read it in Garraths voice it sounds like his voice can't pull off enough sincerity but you also know that he's being sincere.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I would support a dramatic rerecording.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It happened with what was supposed to be the last episode of a podcast that read/mocked Ready Player One. They redid the recording as best as they could save for not being live.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
She was also on Mr Show with Bob and David back in the day.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This is one of her classic songs.

http://teamcoco.com/node/92373

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I mean, the dollop proved that ghost testimony is legally admissable.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
How emotionally rough are the Kennedy and the Operation W episodes?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Veskit posted:

What was the Kennedy episode?

The episode released just before last week's Operation episode.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

scary ghost dog posted:

ah....i have some bad news about the relationship between history and reality

It rhymes, and not like with tight lyrics and a solid beat. Instead it's like poems from the worst poet in UK history.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Pie episode is fun.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
They got the paperwork blessed by the state and now it's...still talking to people to figure things out.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Who here hasn't baked a mince pie baby Jesus crib?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Ariong sent me to help. DON'T LOOK AT MY FACE!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm kind of spent on Dollops where the improv bits are all "men are assholes". I feel like they need a female improvisor co-host for those episodes. They can follow her lead instead of doing the umpteenth variation of "she don't have no penis!"

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It wouldn't be a Dollop without improv, their instinct to not punch down at women and poc is correct, but maybe they need a guide to lead them to the humor instead of saying COCK over and over. Deborah Frances-White might make for a good guest host.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so? whats wrong with that kinda humor? if they arnt punching down then who gives a gently caress. also they have had woman cohosts on the live shows. also having a woman on your show doesn't always make them a magical guide to better less bawdy humor, if you watch robert evans behind the bastards, you know what i mean.

Chill, Deborah Frances-White is a comedian, author, improvisor, and she hosts a podcast called The Guilty Feminist. A panel discussion podcast with comedy about the disconnects between ones feminist ideals and ones behaviors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGxSKc9Yvnw

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I hope the Dollop covers the Gunpowder Plot some day.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
They'll be in the UK for November, it won't be the 5th of November but that's close enough.

E:fb

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/41Strange/status/1151623996154081280?s=09

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The Ford brothers will be good for a Dollop.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I hate share economy and gig economy. But at least gig economy is an honest description.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
There's a new Dollop England podcast, It starts off light and ends dark. So, you know, a regular Dollop save for being in Britain.

http://dollopengland.libsyn.com/

Edit: Dave said sometimes the stories will be England, sometimes UK. Given that, I'm assuming he's using England as a generic referral to the British Isles because gently caress it.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Aug 15, 2019

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It is seperate, but I don't know if it'll last as a separate podcast if it keeps not showing up on any of the podcast searches.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't have a clue.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The latest Dollop England dropped, it starts off with Dave acknowledging that there were hiccups with the second podcast feed. It ends with a song about a bird!

http://dollopengland.libsyn.com/2-cyril-the-swan

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Split the difference, "citations and affiate links for the books worth maybe buying on the website. Because gently caress giving royalties to Donald Trump, (random person), or my dad".

He can still be angry and capresious and skip saying all the references, but he also throws a bit of coin the authors way.

This won't be fully satisfying to anyone, which is why I think Dave could live with it.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
That's honestly why I called for the shoutout compromise that will make nobody happy. A one sentence "Go here, buy the books from the affiliate links, and jeffry dalhmer can rot in hell" sorta deal at the start of the show. He wouldnt even have to list the books, just that its on the website and that there are links to buy the book.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Paul Bunyon was bad, but it's not child abuse levels of bad!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The episode dropped, it's Thomas Midglee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I decided to listen to it as my late night go to sleep noise and I bailed at there being an alternative to leaded gas that wasn't profitable enough. Like it would all get more painful from there.