Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
I don't think a citation on a show page that most listeners won't see, or a mention at the very end will be enough for damninteresting, though. They aren't a completely comedic outlet, but their stories are meant to entertain and generate revenue. That's why Dave has been using them so much. The stories are written to build up to the twists, which gives more of an impact for Gary to react to. But Dave doesn't want anyone to read articles there before he reads them verbatim for him and Gary to laugh and add a few jokes, so now he's refusing to plug them.

I've wondered for a while what was going on with the writing. It's much better done than Dave seems capable of, and it was weird to never credit anyone. The fact that Dave has been making money that hasn't gone back into the show and now he's bitching about citations that that woman who built the show site for them for loving free could do is damning. Dave just found an almost no effort podcast format and now he's throwing a fit about being asked to do an extra half hour of work for each one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
I almost want to side against the guy for writing like that, holy poo poo. But at least they seem to have reached some kind of agreement. I wonder what it is.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Anthony Cumia has a McMansion on Long Island filled with assault rifles, and he attracts a huge amount of violent gun nuts, so I don't really blame Dave for taking threats from those people seriously. At the same time, the guy definitely deserves to be told to go gently caress himself, so...

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Gary's brain only has room for nature facts.