Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I didn't know a thing about Gareth Reynolds before The Dollop, but his constant anguish over what Dave tells him on a regular basis is my favorite thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Next time in L.A., I'm making a beeline to Clifton's Cafeteria.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I was kind of figuring that the live Dollop would end up being paid downloads like the Walking the Room ones were, but it's free and up right now.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I'm really digging Gareth's Most Aggressive, Dumbest Man Alive shtick on his Point Vs. Point podcast.

I have no idea who the other dude is, but more Gary is good Gary.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I've run into many a person who have the "Well, if they're on our currency, they MUST HAVE BEEN A PRESIDENT" thought. Those Ben Franklin, Alexander Hamilton ringers.

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Is Gary British or just his parents?
Welsh. Though I think he was born in the states or immigrated pretty early in life.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The newspaper article describing Haley's Comet as the "Hobo of the Heavens" made me do a legit spit take.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

It took roughly 900 episodes and dog Xanax fallout for Walking the Room to get their sound correct, I'm not surprised the tradition carries on.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Phonetically pronouncing Seamus.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Also of note: the Going Clear Scientology documentary has a nice little slice of Jack Parsons that goes full Dollop, I'm glad they managed to get that in there.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

If you've never seen the trailer for the Hallmark Movie Thomas Kinkade's Christmas Cottage (the television movie based on a loving Thomas Kinkade painting), you're in for a treat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qcJUPcMVzA

Goddamn, I imagine Chris Elliot saw the phrase "Hallmark Movie based on a Thomas Kinkade Painting," dropped everything he was doing and started trying on only the dumbest wigs.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Waste an evening on the Wikipedia entry for Action Park if you have the time. The episode's great, but they could have stretched it out into a two parter easily, it's insane.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Didn't they ask for suggestions via email early on in the show? I remember sending in a few, but never got a response. My guess is they got enough entries in that first push to last for awhile.

I figure that because there's no other explanation for not having a Smallop on Bubbles the Chimp. Every sentence in that Wikipedia article is insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

You know those dudes have been hit with a million links to the Revenant trailer, but I went back and listened to the Hugh Glass episode and they motherfucking do an entire bit about the bear raping Glass. :psyduck: