Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
my favorite “gareth realizes what the subject is” is john pembertons drug tonics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

mrfart posted:

Can’t believe I haven’t listened to the dollop for 2 years now. It used to be my favorite podcast. And then one day I stopped. That happens a lot with me, I have to admit. Are the new episodes still as good ? Any recommendations? Only read the last pages here and saw a lot old ones mentioned that I still remember.

its just as hit and miss as ever. recent favorites are toothpicks, the venus 2, year of the locust, and plennie wingo

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
need a supercut of “dave i gotta go.”

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Surgeon Joseph Lister

e: The Gin Craze

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

neurotech posted:

I've enjoyed the Dave/Gareth QAA episodes. Can I please get some recommendations for some other good QAA episodes to check out?

im afraid not

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
a friend used to steam oysters every year for her birthday, we would stand around an outside table covered in steaming oysters with our oyster knives literally shucking and jiving. oysters rule

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

rotinaj posted:

Steamed vs raw is the big difference

Cooking clams, littlenecks, steamers, oysters, sure

Raw….. ehhhh

i guess my main point of comparison is that, like the raw oysters in the episode, our steamed oysters were giant clusters of shell and stone taken directly from the marsh by our own hands and steamed in that state. so i have a really good mental image of the dutch and the natives standing around a giant pile of oysters, stabbing at each other with their oyster knives between shucks

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
my favorite is “the gin craze” from the uk episodes
edit: or maybe the thieftaker general from the same

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
havent seen a live show but dave absolutely shouts at and then angrily glares at the live audiences as if to say, “you had better loving understand why im mad about this”

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Alaois posted:

been thinking a lot about those episodes of the Dollop that no longer exist because of plagiarism lately, for no particular reason

im pretty sure those episodes are still up and frankly i couldnt care less about plagiarizing historical journalism for a comedy podcast, especially when the draw is the guy who has no idea what the topic is. about.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Rochallor posted:

They took down the episodes they got accused of plagiarizing but then continued plagiarizing much in the same way as in the Hbomberguy video that now everybody on the internet has seen: listing a bunch of sources on their website when the episode is 99% derived from a single source. Not every episode was like that, and maybe things have changed now they they have research assistants apparently, but there's a whole bunch of episodes where you could pick out the single article that they used and then rounded things out with some links to Wikipedia.

The thing is, Dave basically reading an article to Gareth is enough of a draw that they do a whole other podcast about it! There's nothing preventing them just saying the name of the article at the top.

this might surprise you but i dont think everybody on the internet has seen the four hour hbomberguy youtube video about youtube plagiarism

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

RandolphCarter posted:

Lisa Frank this week, very excited to hear this madness.

its a surprisingly familiar story and not in the ways you expect

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Froghammer posted:

Imagine being screamed at by this woman

swickles posted:

I am guessing this is the most muted outfit she owns.

yall didnt listen to the episode huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Froghammer posted:

Oh gently caress Theosophy episode. Gareth is going to lose his mind.

havent listened yet but the name sounded familiar. looked it up and i recognized it because theyre one of the groups that believed in vril energy after the publication of The Coming Race lol