Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Tulsa Race Riots.

E: that or he finally does Reagan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Just listened to the latest episode about Abalonia.

As someone who grew up in Hesperia, bless Dave Anthony for dunking on my lovely hometown. Why would anyone willingly die there?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

What is the HRE?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

The truck nut wars one is amazing. Just a redneck feud over a niche.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Some of the British Dollops are great in their insanity.

Cyril the Swan, The Glasgow Ice Cream Wars, and the Gin Craze are amazing. British alcoholism helped make America and Australia.

The Joseph Lister one will drive you insane in seeing how entrenched the old powers are against progress. Who would have thought cleanliness would be beneficial to surgery patient survival?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

The gift never ends

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

"Nah, it's all good. We're gonna get political capital to cash in in the future?
"

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

So as a way to brush up on my Spanish, I've been listening to the EL Dollop episodes and so far, they're pretty good.

The two hosts have a show that is the Mexican version of Last Podcast on the Left, only not as annoying. Jose Antonio, the storyteller of Leyendas Legendarias is a Satanist, but doesn't wear it on his sleeve like Henry on Last Podcast does.

Anyway, the hosts have a decent chemistry. Eduardo Espinoza looks like Dave Anthony's little brother and Jose Antonio's reactions to the stories are pretty great like Gareth's, but without the impressions. They do make a lot of American pop cultural references, but not enough to ruin the show.

So far, they've done the greatest hits (Hugh Glass, Action Park, The Dolphin, Radium Girls), but they don't make that many political statements. They do make snide comments on Mexican politics. Apparently the working conditions and Amusement Park safety standards of the US in the past are the same as they are now in Mexico.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Oh snap, a reverse dollop, and it's a two parter.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Dave and Gareth are finally doing Charles Lindbergh.

Get ready for secret families, nazi sympathy and America's first "baby in the well" story.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

BASEBALL DOLLOP!

This is gomn be great.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

The Venus 2 episode is insane.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

The truck nuts one is amazing. It's pretty much Tiger King only about plastic car accessories.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

And if Ken Burns comes around, beat him severely with a frozen turkey

What is so bad about Ken Burns?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

That one, Ten Cent Beer Night and Action Park are all time great Dollop Episodes.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

It's gonna be fun hearing Robert Evans defend Kissinger for hours, for sure.

In a vocal fry as well.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

It does tie into the upcoming Olympics in LA six years from now.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

The episode was fine. I agree with Dave that while Springer was bad, the people criticizing him were SOOOO much worse.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm trying to remember how many years he was trying to do some kind of climate change group and then just gave up

I don't even think Dave or Gareth are masking anymore or using Corsi cubes. They only talk about COVID in some tweets.

Anywho, latest episode is a bit personal. It's about a right wing psycho running for school board in Dave's son's district.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

LonsomeSon posted:

Yeah nothing ever got nailed down but one of the things he talked about was to try and create places where people could even just talk to each about fear and grief around oncoming biosphere collapse without worrying about getting argued with, or spilling baggage onto the un- or semi- willing.

But a community based around just fear and/or grief isn’t self-sustaining, and I don’t know if anyone has ever lived who could be a prime mover for such a group, even for a few months much less indefinitely.

The biosphere thread in the CSPAM subforum is still around, but it is a soul crushing read.