Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I've just finished up the William Walter episode and this podcast is great. I should have been listening to this the day I put it on my podcast list.

I know I'm a horrible person, but the Ferguson episode is the funniest in a very dark way. Just listening to Gary become crushed as it goes on is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I finished up LAPD month a couple days ago and again the episodes about terrible, horrible stuff are the best episodes. Gary just being destroyed is an evil delight and listening to him going from lighthearted jokes to macabre, horrified jokes, to "I have nothing Dave. You broke me." is just such a twisted dark humor.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Just listened to the Hollow Earth episode. I was reading about this plagiarism happening when it got to the part where they made fun of the main guy for stealing pieces from other people's theories.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

It won't matter in the end. People won't care and they will make more money.

If he is this lazy with the podcast I wonder what would happen if his stand up was looked at closely.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

I'm not surprised Dave is acting this way, didn't he mention something about the drugs damaging his brain in a way that he has huge amounts of rage or something? I hope he comes to his senses at some point.

That is his excuse for everything.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The recent Jade Helm episode makes me wish they would do current history. I kinda want to see them do the '08 bank bailout and what lead to us doing it. I imagine Gary would have a seizure.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

rotinaj posted:

Whoa, whoa. Hold on now. Let's not go saying such big things when the Dollop has had the reigning and defending World Champ of Super Annoying Laughter on, their Australian friend whose name escapes me because I avoid his episodes like the plague. His little self-conscious lilting laugh, where he just kinda trails off and his voice gets really high pitched and he makes an "eeeeee" noise made me want to devour my iPod to stop the torture.

They have friends with awful laughs, is what I'm trying to say.

I went and watched some of his stand up after that episode. It is part of his bit and works better in his routine.

Al sucked hard. If you remove him from the episode it would have been a decent episode.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Last couple of episodes were good. I do like it when Dave gets real angry at people and calls out fans too.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

This last episode was a little creepy. Also the only thing in horror movies that scares me. People in my walls.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Too bad they lost those shows. The two they have uploaded where very good.

I am kinda wishing they would do more crazy poo poo from around the world. Switch the format to one American and one from somewhere in the world per week. Would be awesome.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

PantsOptional posted:

Apparently they found the SD cards, so thr missing shows will appear at some point. From the sound of it they had slipped into a pack of gum in Dave's pocket.

I'm guessing it was a troll on their part.

At least I hope so.

Who am I kidding they are both morons. Entertaining morons.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Copper Vein posted:

What's the deal with these dudes and Australia?

I've been banging through this podcast in a mostly chronological fashion and it seems like from the very earliest episodes they were talking up Australian tour dates.

They are both 'mericans based in L.A. right?

Also I share the opinion that live podcasts are weird and inferior. All these L.A. comedian podcasts are incestuous enough without them selling tickets to episodes.

I've wondered this too.

Wish they would do an American tour with other comedians that actually want to do the show.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

TheFallenEvincar posted:

is this a good ep cuz it feels like whenever they're live they just get way too tryhard and have even more flubbed joke attempts

Yes. I'm sad they didn't have a live guest. Maybe they will have one lined up for the Chicago shows.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

abraham linksys posted:

to be fair this was all down to one hilariously wasted woman

I thought the audience interactions in this episode were funny. Unlike the Australian episode where Dave sounds like he wants to beat the poo poo out of a guy.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

oatgan posted:

all the best dollops are about baseball

The Ferguson episode is the best because it breaks Gareth.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Is anyone surprised by this? The last couple of weeks were building towards a meltdown.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

adebisi lives posted:

I can't wait to hear Hillary people declare that a vote for Jill Stein is a vote for Trump.

You haven't read USPol or the Molten Salt Reactor this year have you?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

So am I crazy or did they pull the latest Dollop. I think it said "The Dominos Pizza Incident."

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

It was taken down from Itunes and put back up.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Illinois Smith posted:

How was there never a Mad Men episode about this? Harry Crane so would've been in that crowd.

I wonder if a young Trump was there.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

TheFallenEvincar posted:

listen to these bee murder apologists.

bees are good and worth the deaths.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

ohrwurm posted:

Oh beehiiiiiiiive

*stares*

i think we are done here.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Yeah it was a great episode. It has been a good couple of weeks for the dollop. The guests were great and I'm going to definitely give their podcast a shot now.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dave is the guest star on the DigCast this week.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

those penguins. my god

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

How many of your friends listen to anything on the radio that isn't music? It does everyone just listen to iTunes or Spotify?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Copper Vein posted:

My brother likes history and comedy and drives for at least 90 minutes by himself everyday in a car that he has already linked his phone to. I suggest that he listen to The Dollop but he hears the word "Podcast" and his brain hits the wall.

It's like when I finally won the 2-year long campaign to set Netflix and a Roku up for my parents and then they kept asking me how do they flip channels to "check what's on?"

Just say it is a radio program. That helped when I got my GF listening to them.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Midnight Voyager posted:

Boy, that's really not how you pronounce Bodice...
*smiling and speaking softly*
It doesn't matter. It is the Dollop.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

if MFM is just stories they have heard and hear say I will pass. I figured they would get better and actually research.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

rotinaj posted:

The most horrifying thing about this new Dollop so far is that Dave uses a Zune.

they are not bright men

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

rotinaj posted:

That guy did not have any idea how to Dollop properly until he relaxed thanks to talking about his weird quicksand kink. Apparently that's the magic trick. Talk about something that gets you goin'. Quicksand and Tonto.

I thought he was really good and the best guest not named Wil Anderson.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Anyone going to a live show?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

We have our tickets to the Chicago show. Getting pumped for the 22nd of April.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Gargamel Gibson posted:

gently caress off!

Do you need to take a break from twitter again Dave?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dave being mercilessly owned by his son is an absolute treat.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Chicago style pizza is an abomination. Bet the live dollop in Chicago will be about the pizza.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

If you kick a baby it will explode!!!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Gareth was on Lovett or Leave it this week making The Dollop bridge the gap between the dirtbag left and the resistance.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Garfie will be chanted across the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Episode 300: The Ballad of Dave Anthony