Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

They posted the HW episode so I guess they redid it or got a better recording of the live one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

AceOfFlames posted:

gently caress yes, a Dollop about John DeLorean. Was hoping they'd cover him and they didn't disappoint.
Now they need to do one about John McAfee

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/thedollop/status/1158052002602950658

I mean they've already done what, 50 episodes about Australia, sooo...

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Dave goes back and forth making his account private. He’s a strange dude.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

My Shoes posted:

It's an American standoff.
After listening to the episode it was clear that joke went over 99% of the audience's heads

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It’s kind of how Don Jr constantly wants his dad’s attention but Trump could give two shits about him

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Oh hey, they are finally coming back to Florida in May

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The Olympic Games one is insanity

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Thomas Kincaid is another really great one about an absolute lunatic

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Dimebags Brain posted:

My favorite episodes are the ones like The Jet-Pack episode and the Bone Wars, about two dudes in a niche field who have a minor dispute that leads to a growing life-long feud that continuously escalates in stupidity and pettiness.
The Truck Nutz one is the same kind of deal

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

FedEx Flight 705 (#160) is another one of those crazy ones where it just keeps becoming more and more insane somehow

#181 Martin Tabert and Convict Leasing is also one of the ones that will make you very angry (and one of their few Florida episodes)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Forceholy posted:

Some of the British Dollops are great in their insanity.

Cyril the Swan, The Glasgow Ice Cream Wars, and the Gin Craze are amazing. British alcoholism helped make America and Australia.

The Joseph Lister one will drive you insane in seeing how entrenched the old powers are against progress. Who would have thought cleanliness would be beneficial to surgery patient survival?
I have not listened to the Glasgow one yet but those other three are great, especially Cyril the Swan. That episode feels like they are describing some comedy movie from the 1980s.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i found iraq war pretty depressing on a macro level. like as they said, "it could have worked" but the bush admin basicaly just hosed up every step of the way or just put morons in charge of poo poo. ferguson is depressing because there are a million fergusons in this country and they are all equally hosed.
In Iraq, they absolutely did everything the opposite of how you would do it if you were trying to rebuild

It ended up being the playground for political donors who didn't know the first thing about Iraq

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

They sealed the fate of the entire country when they announced the de-Baathification plan, while (I assume) not understanding that almost everyone had to be registered as a party member to get a government job, whether they were actually pro-Saddam or not

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Leave Gary alone

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Mr E posted:

I usually think that but knowing what the Colonel Sanders episode was going to be and how long it took Gareth to figure it out was incredible.
It was seriously almost halfway into the episode

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Don’t they still have a Patreon?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

If they still have one why are they also needing 10 mins of ads each episode

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

seiferguy posted:

Yeah I gave it a listen. Good one overall and probably does the story a lot better than that Clint Eastwood movie.
Well it can't be worse than his movie saying that a reporter who has since passed away was the kind of person who would sleep with people to get a story

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

eh, a team once traded away Cy Young and they went from 81-68 to 20-134 in the next season and lost over a hundred road games
Good old Cleveland Spiders

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

prefect posted:

Dave getting mad when the audience critiques his pronunciation is my favorite thing. :allears:
Which is almost every live show

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

He’s just very bad at English

He routinely fails to pronounce regular words correctly so I’m never surprised when he can’t pronounce regional or international names

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

flesh dance posted:

What trips me up most is when he misreads the date. The Whale in Atlantic City started off as 1838!! But then he switched up a subsequent date to 19-whatever and I remained wholly confused as to what century the thing was supposed to be taking place in up until he mentioned the dude drove a Nissan, and I was like god drat it, Anthony
He does that a ton also. Once in awhile Gareth catches it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Isn’t he a director now? I think a couple of years ago I saw his name coming up again for the first time in a long time because he was doing some directing.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

I know it was a long time ago and that Joe Biden has apologized for everything, but holy gently caress that episode infuriated me especially with the recent "Joementum" that has been happening since South Carolina. Biden is obsessed with respect from both sides and the loving Republicans don't give a poo poo about any of that. ARGHKLWJF:WLKHV:LK
He actually never apologized according to Anita Hill. It’s also telling that he finally approached her about the time he was going to run for President. I take his comments about as seriously as Bloomberg trying to disavow his years of supporting Stop and Frisk in NYC

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

cohsae posted:

One funny thing that struck me during the Juicero ep is that there was a spiritual link to Theranos (beyond just being silicon valley grifting).
The dude having a genius idea of "what if I took this big complicated machine and made it small even though I don't know anything" is the exact same origin as Theranos. Holmes just said hey I've got this great idea, blood testing but really small. Never stopped to consider that maybe that would be really complicated and maybe there was a reason that the technology hadn't already been miniaturised by actual scientists and engineers.
Yes and also i was thinking of the Soylent guy with how he was legit crazy, especially at the end where the Juicero dude just fucks off to go live in the woods and post about it on Instagram

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Quixotic1 posted:

Has the water craze died? When I listened to the episode I didn't know the juicero guy was also one of the people going gaga over living water.
I’m sure the raw water craze is still a thing in CA because rich people are idiots (see also: everything Goop sells).

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It's really telling when you see back then how the Dems used actual power. For a long time they controlled Congress even without controlling the WH and yet they allowed people like Thomas to get lifetime appointments for the SC. The man was incredibly unqualified, which is bad enough before you bring in the constant sexual harassment.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The Curt Flood story feels like one that they need to do

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

seiferguy posted:

I think the Leonard Peltier one is the saddest one because he's still in prison for poo poo he didn't do.
Yes and the other people accused of the same crime had their cases dismissed

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The ones they have been doing on Ben Shapiro’s lovely novel are great

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

That’s been a consistent problem with the podcast since the beginning and I’m not sure why it’s not something that they have figured out by now

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Don’t they have a producer who works on this? I swear that they did.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

This new episode is also extremely quiet

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The second part is bonkers (which is the Chicago 7 trial).

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yeah he does that from time to time

He’ll probably drop it again in a few days

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I’m as concerned about a more competent fascist taking power in the US as anyone, but Dave gets very manic about this and I have to imagine that’s exhausting

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Grand Fromage posted:

Wil is the best recurring guest. Patton Oswalt was great in Cereal Men, I wish he would come back.
He was on a few other times

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Falcon and the Snowman is almost too insane to believe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Did Dave delete his Twitter? I noticed he hadn't been tweeting and then I did a search and I'm not seeing his account coming up at all.